Author Topic: Unicomp M122 with PS/2 connector, $41.09 incuding US shipping  (Read 11178 times)

Offline ed_avis

Unicomp M122 with PS/2 connector, $41.09 incuding US shipping
« on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:54:20 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164100488366

Sold as untested, but very likely to be still working.  Looks like a regular PS/2 connector, so hopefully no exotic converter needed.

Offline Rayndalf

Re: Unicomp M122 with PS/2 connector, $41.09 incuding US shipping
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 22:38:13 »
Not sure why this auction seemed to have been ended by the seller, but if you look closely one of the pins on the PS/2 plug broke off, which would have been a pretty easy fix.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 07:51:43 »
I don't think they broke. The 2 absent pins are the 2 that don't do anything anyway.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 16:09:37 »
Its funny I see so many more DIN 5 connectors than mini DIN 6 in my collection, I tend to forget PS/2 had frequently unused pins.
Either PS/2 had a somewhat short run as the primary keyboard connector before rubber domes became the thing, or all the PS/2 mechanical keyboards are still being used so I can't buy them cheaply.

It makes sense though, pins that aren't there can't bend or break off :p

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 16:40:50 »
That spare pin on the AT connector occasionally/rarely saw action as the "reset" connection but that was the exception rather than the rule.

There are millions of rubber dome PS/2 (mini-DIN6) out there but I think that mechanical switches were fading out as PS/2 was coming in.

Of course, IBM provided Model Ms with PS/2 systems from day one in the late 1990s but it took a while for inertia to wash through the industry.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"