Author Topic: [IC] GMK『analogdreams』(GB Live)  (Read 93593 times)

Offline pwade3

Hey folks, working on getting a new quote for those few additions to the ISO/Numpad kit.

Also, fingers crossed that our latest revision to the bust design will be accepted by GMK!

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
Hey folks, working on getting a new quote for those few additions to the ISO/Numpad kit.

Also, fingers crossed that our latest revision to the bust design will be accepted by GMK!

Really excited to hear this! With those 2/3 keys, this would probably be the most fantastic GMK set ever designed.

Offline mimalik

Any possibility of a seperate F row kit (F1-F4, F9-F12)? I will prefer to buy JP kit + Numpad and if F row is offered it will complete my set as I would use it with mods from other sets, not too fond of this mod colour (sorry personal taste).

Offline pwade3

Any possibility of a seperate F row kit (F1-F4, F9-F12)? I will prefer to buy JP kit + Numpad and if F row is offered it will complete my set as I would use it with mods from other sets, not too fond of this mod colour (sorry personal taste).

Sorry, but something like that isn't really worthwhile.

The added cost to having it as a separate kit and/or the risks of it not hitting MOQ (if I left it in the base kit as well) just aren't really justifiable.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering

You could try and buy it off someone who definitely doesn’t want to use it or something?

Offline antx1701

Very interested in the Japanese set, plan on pairing it with the Vaporwave mods.

Offline pwade3

Hey everyone, just got a tracking update of "out for delivery" for pantone chips!

Folks at the Cleveland meetup this Saturday will be lucky enough to get a sneak peak, but I'll be working on getting pics for everyone else as quick as I can.

Offline noobschoolbus

Any update on the pics?

Offline lamenthe

I'm into it. To add to what everyone else has been saying--- I didn't hop on the vaporwave set because it was a little too much. This has the fun of vaporwave without ratcheting it up to 10.

Offline pwade3

Howdy folks, late night update for ya, managed to get a few pics that I think showcase the pantones in a few different lightings!

Pic taken in lightbox:

Pic taken in bathroom:

Pic taken in living room:

And one more lightbox pic:

Forgive me if they're not the best pictures, I know I'm no professional. I do think they do well to show how light can change how these colors may be perceived, but I think in most conditions, it'll still look great!

I wanna get some natural light pics too, but I figured I'd get these posted since I'm not 100% sure how quickly I can get those taken.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
Re: [IC] GMK『analogdreams』(Coming this November)
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 05:09:38 »
These colours look great, can I request a picture taken under the light of the moon at it's zenith?
Thanks

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 05:12:57 »
These colours look great, can I request a picture taken under the light of the moon at it's zenith?
Thanks

You _can_ request it ;)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 23:57:49 »
  • Move R1 End, R1 PgDn to numpad kit
  • Add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn to base
  • ???
  • Profit

Oh, and also, I think the base can do w/o that stepped R3 Control, R3 Hack and R4 Menu (Fn is used in its stead).

my 2¢

Edit: OH, and also also, you should probably replace the #~ in the ISO/numpad kit with R3 \|.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 00:03:31 by constexpr »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 06:02:54 »
Edit: OH, and also also, you should probably replace the #~ in the ISO/numpad kit with R3 \|.

Came here to say this. As the ISO keys stand now (short left Shift, ISO Enter, R4 \| and R3 #~), you're providing neither full US ISO support nor full UK ISO support. The easiest adjustment is the one constexpr said, which completes the US ISO support; the UK-specific keys can be either added there (all of them, not just R3 #~) or in a NORDEUK kit, if that should be added.

Offline depletedvespene

Frankly if I did an international kit I don't think any ISO users would end up with the set. GMK Pulse is currently sitting at 13 int kits sold, and I think a set on Drop would have way better chances of hitting MOQ than this set.

Do note that GMK Pulse is not the best example — his designer is openly hostile to ISO (driving down with it the percentage of his ISO-preferring customers) AND the ISO support in the GMK Pulse set itself is poorly executed (driving down its sales even more).

Offline pwade3

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 08:36:08 »
  • ???
  • Profit

Oh, and also, I think the base can do w/o that stepped R3 Control, R3 Hack and R4 Menu (Fn is used in its stead).

my 2¢

What's the use case for your 2nd bullet point?

Also, removing those keys (Stepped ctrl, hack, and menu) will do very little to help the pricing.

Came here to say this. As the ISO keys stand now (short left Shift, ISO Enter, R4 \| and R3 #~), you're providing neither full US ISO support nor full UK ISO support. The easiest adjustment is the one constexpr said, which completes the US ISO support; the UK-specific keys can be either added there (all of them, not just R3 #~) or in a NORDEUK kit, if that should be added.

Thanks for the feedback, I kinda forgot, I've been waiting on pricing on this kit:

Is that a more acceptable solution?

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 08:44:33 »
……

Thanks for the feedback, I kinda forgot, I've been waiting on pricing on this kit:

Show Image

The ISO keys in this kit render provide full support to UK ISO, so that IS all well and good. Adding a single extra key (1.0U R3 \|) would also provide full US ISO support, and that would be quite nice to have.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 08:48:06 »
  • ???
  • Profit

my 2¢

Also, removing those keys (Stepped ctrl, hack, and menu) will do very little to help the pricing.

Show Image

This kit brings tears of joy to my eyes, please run with this!

Offline pwade3

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 08:48:44 »
……

Show Image

The ISO keys in this kit render provide full support to UK ISO, so that IS all well and good. Adding a single extra key (1.0U R3 \|) would also provide full US ISO support, and that would be quite nice to have.

Gotcha, I'll see what I can do.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 10:39:39 »
  • ???
  • Profit

my 2¢

R1 End, R1 PgDn are useless on their own without a numpad. R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn are a popular option for the right column on 65%/75% boards. It's a win–win.
Check some other recent GMK sets and ICs, see how they're doing it; it's generally pretty similar to what I suggested.

It's totally your call, but the fact is that R4 Menu is pretty unnecessary if R4 Fn is present. R3 Hack is only used on a few keyboards (Uniqey C70 is the only one that comes to mind) and some very uncommon 65% right column setups, so I don't think it's worth including either. You might like Caps Lock on your bottom row, and it's your set, so I'll give you that, but there's no reason imo to keep the other two.

They might not make a big difference on their own, but if you remove 3 or 4 unnecessary keys here and there, you might be able to, say, afford to add basic 4-key ISO support to the base kit — and that could mean quite a lot

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 10:57:58 »

Don't bother. US ISO doesn't actually exist; it's only a crutch we use to refer to basic ISO support (the bare minimum 4 keys needed for physical compatibility) for sets that don't want to provide an actual, full ISO kit (like ISO-UK).
Since you currently have your numpad+ISO kit set up such that it provides proper ISO-UK compatibility, there's no need to add another \| key.
I'm sure US users won't be flocking to use ISO. And the very few that do, I'm sure they'll be fine with #~.

By the way, I got distracted by all of this and forgot to mention the most important bit: Definitely in for a set! Love the colors. I also think I got a coworker interested. Looks like this might become his first GMK set :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 11:32:33 by constexpr »

Offline pwade3

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 11:00:33 »
  • ???
  • Profit

my 2¢

R1 End, R1 PgDn are useless on their own without a numpad. R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn are a popular option for the right column on 65%/75% boards. It's a win–win.
Check some other recent GMK sets and ICs, see how they're doing it; it's generally pretty similar to what I suggested.

It's totally your call, but the fact is that R4 Menu is pretty unnecessary if R4 Fn is present. R3 Hack is only used on a few keyboards (Uniqey C70 is the only one that comes to mind) and some very uncommon 65% right column setups, so I don't think it's worth including either. You might like Caps Lock on your bottom row, and it's your set, so I'll give you that, but there's no reason imo to keep the other two.

They might not make a big difference on their own, but if you remove 3 or 4 unnecessary keys here and there, you might be able to, say, afford to add basic 4-key ISO support to the base kit — and that could mean quite a lot

I'm looking at three different sets that handled the 65% column in the same fashion my dude.

R3 Hack, yes handles C70, but an R3 1u key with a non-specific legend can also be useful for 40s, 65s or ortho boards.

I realized the confusion with the 1.25u fn key, that's R3, not R4.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 11:16:58 »
Seeing those sample chips definitely feels like thirst trapping, y u mak Nov seem so far!!!???

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 11:26:39 »
I'm looking at three different sets that handled the 65% column in the same fashion my dude.

You're looking at the wrong kind of set: those all include a numpad in the base kit. Try these instead, they're more similar to what you have here (DCS for the last one, not SA).

I realized the confusion with the 1.25u fn key, that's R3, not R4.

Ah, alright, in that case they're two distinct keys. But then you should replace the R4 Menu with R4 Fn anyway — Fn can pass off as Menu, whereas Menu can't really pass off as Fn.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 17:39:37 by constexpr »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 11:39:11 »

Don't bother. US ISO doesn't actually exist; it's only a crutch we use to refer to basic ISO support (the bare minimum 4 keys needed for physical compatibility) for sets that don't want to provide an actual, full ISO kit (like ISO-UK).
Since you currently have your numpad+ISO kit set up such that it provides proper ISO-UK compatibility, there's no need to add another \| key.
I'm sure US users won't be flocking to use ISO. And the very few that do, I'm sure they'll be fine with #~.

By the way, I got distracted by all of this and forgot to mention the most important bit: Definitely in for a set! Love the colors. I also think I got a coworker interested. Looks like this might become his first GMK set :D
I agree with you! One thing I would say is that R3 key is useful for people like me who want a ISO Mac layout as my picture should show. I personally don’t mind if a set doesn’t have that extra key as long as it has UK-ISO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 12:02:38 »

While it's true that it won't get used as much, I wouldn't go as far as saying that "US ISO" doesn't exist. US ISO does exist, even if it's seldom seen. The official definition is that, indeed, when trading the horizontal ("ANSI") Enter key with a vertical ("ISO") one, the R2 1.5U \| key is replaced by the one in the R3 1.0U space left behind. It is, surprisingly enough, the R4 key between left Shift and Z that gets to be the "repeated" key, and for which alternatives exist (some terminal keyboards put <> there; some others forego it and put a long left Shift key, making for an ANSISO hybrid keyboard).

That said, if UK ISO is fully supported, everything is fine. Getting UK+US ISO fully supported, with the addition of one single key (for which molds exist, yadda yadda yadda), would be a welcome bonus.

The "barebones" ISO support we've talked about in the other thread (1.25U left Shift, ISO Enter, R3 \| and R4 \|) is what gives complete physical ("no naked switches") support for ISO and that preserves maximum flexibility at a minimum number of additional keys (four) for ISO support, on a kit built from the ground up for an ANSI keyboard with the US English layout on top, as is the case with pretty much all of the extant ones.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 05:06:52 »
Any updates on the kits: R4 1.25u Fn, R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn, 1800 support moved to numpad? I feel these are a must for me to be able to stand behind the set fully.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 05:39:41 »
Any updates on the kits: R4 1.25u Fn, R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn, 1800 support moved to numpad? I feel these are a must for me to be able to stand behind the set fully.

I can swap menu to fn that's pretty easy.

Pg up/dn I'll just wanna make sure that it won't bump up the base kit in price.

As far as moving those other keys to numpad, I'm gonna pass on that, the changes I showed previously to line up the accents as well as UK ISO bumped it up enough that I don't want to add more keys. There's pretty much 0 benefit, as the base kit won't drop in any substantial way and then the numpad just gets more expensive.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 06:51:44 »
Sounds good on all counts, thanks!

If R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn end up threatening to raise the price a bit, consider removing one of the less frequently used keys that were mentioned earlier in the thread (e.g. R3 Hack or R4 1.5u Caps Lock).

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 17:48:37 »
Still digging this.

Offline TooSerious

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 21:04:19 »
Remind me a vague vaporwave asthetic in a good way. Really digging it!

Offline vaughno

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 05:20:29 »
Would look good on pc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00

Offline LoliKnight

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 14:26:17 »
Looks great! Will the GB available anywhere else than NovelKeys?

Offline pwade3

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 07:34:29 »
Added a few new renders, updated ISO kit/pricing.

The 60% is a render of a rose gold Polaris, which is what I ordered and really wanted to visualize.  :))

Offline zerotank

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 23:58:12 »
Hey, will it be available for purchase in europe?

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 11:01:14 »
Just wanted to give my vote for R3/R4 PgUp/PgDn. With how popular 65s and 75s are I definitely think this needs to be considered.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 05:47:18 »
Hey y'all, just a heads up, the R3/R4 pg up/dn will be asked about, but I'm waiting to see if there'll be any other modifications to make, as GMK are trying to cut back on the amount of quotes they have to make, so my goal is that the next pricing request, will be our last one.

So if you've got any other kit thoughts, feel free to sound them out here!

Offline renolo

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 08:55:17 »
So,will the Japanese kit and the novelties kit be enough to fill out a tofu HHKB? I'm kinda new so I'm not sure how it works.
Doritos, Cheetos, or Fritos.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 09:10:32 »
So,will the Japanese kit and the novelties kit be enough to fill out a tofu HHKB? I'm kinda new so I'm not sure how it works.

No, the JP kit as well as the novelties are pretty much just intended to accent the base kit.

Base will cover an HHKB tofu no problem.

JP and novelties are pretty much intended as what I would say are aesthetic changes, i.e. to modify the look of the set for those who would desire it, but to me, they're pretty specific looks, so I wouldn't want them in the base kit. Thus, they get their own separate kits.

Offline renolo

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 09:29:19 »

No, the JP kit as well as the novelties are pretty much just intended to accent the base kit.

Base will cover an HHKB tofu no problem.

JP and novelties are pretty much intended as what I would say are aesthetic changes, i.e. to modify the look of the set for those who would desire it, but to me, they're pretty specific looks, so I wouldn't want them in the base kit. Thus, they get their own separate kits.

Well, i guess it can't be helped. Looks like I might be spending 50 more dollars...
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 September 2019, 09:36:19 by renolo »

Offline Rumai

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 11:24:42 »
will support   :thumb:

Offline megaforce

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 13:27:02 »
I see hirgana subs, I buy
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline poolside

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:20:32 »
Please let the R4 1.5u CapsLock live.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:38:11 »
I'll copy my thoughts on the 1.5u Caps Lock from the Taro thread here:

I do have a suggestion that would make that key a bit more versatile, though: How about replacing the 1.5u Caps Lock with two 1.5u Super keys? That way you'd kill two birds with one stone: you'd cover Tsangan/HHKB for Mac users (where the Alt and Command/Super are swapped) and you'd have a key with a generic legend for your bottom row Caps Lock needs!
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 September 2019, 10:51:22 by constexpr »

Offline renolo

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 09:31:02 »
Are you guys planning on having a desk mat for this set?

Offline nano_ms

• hello
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 20:11:05 »
Would it be possible to add a second B with hiragana sublegend in the spacebars kit?
down-left-up-right-z-j-b-d-b-start

Offline xchangmanx

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 18:09:38 »
+1 I like it.  It kinda reminds me of hyperfusion.   :thumb:

Offline xchangmanx

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 11:40:32 »
dreaming in analog!

Offline briano1905

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 19:48:59 »
I wish the modifier keys is in the yellow you picked but that would be a completely different set :p (addon kit maybe?)

I'm definitely in for this

Offline CreaminFreeman

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 12:11:55 »
I will be buying this set as my first! Super excited I scrolled past this on Reddit a month or so ago!
You're doing the Lord's work, pwade3!

November can't come soon enough!!