Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 874030 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1850 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 16:16:44 »
Just downloaded Dust: An Elysian Tail from the current Humble Bundle, looks good.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1851 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 16:19:14 »
Just downloaded Dust: An Elysian Tail from the current Humble Bundle, looks good.
I somehow got that a while back, I found it to be surprisingly good. I'd say that alone is worth the bundle.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1852 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 22:20:21 »
The only thing I play now is Terraria! If I'm home, I'm probably playing it.

We should set up a server for it.

I'm totally in if this happens
sell out and eat ass

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1853 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 22:35:57 »

I'm totally in if this happens

Oh man, haven't touched Terraria since its release!  :eek:
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #1854 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 14:58:12 »
Has anyone mentioned Teleglitch in this thread yet? :cool:
⌨ Filco MJ2 MX Blues / M0116 Orange Alps / Homemade 60% MX Reds / M0110

Cherry MX art prints 20/50 still available!

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1855 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 21:53:25 »
QUICK! someone throw together a Terraria server.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline pillows

• soft as milk
« Reply #1856 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 00:50:37 »
This is fun.

I used to play ALOT of online games.
Ragnarok Online, WoW, SWTOR, Tera Online, Minecraft.. (before all the updates?)
DoTA, League of Legends, TF2, and CS 1.5, 1.6, Source, GO

I used to not understand why people played single player games. Now I do.
Boy do I hate getting queued with troll players. I quit partially due to a point where I would just get queues with players who wouldn't play the game.
Also league meta 2 stronk.

Might pick up single player games- like that new pirate Assassins Creed game... Starting to look real nice. No social player interactions, trolls.. just you, a ship, and some booty.

Then my graphics card died. Running on intel's HD 3000. Might purchase a mid-range one soon.
intel core i9 3333mhz twin turbo

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1857 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 01:06:38 »
This is fun.

I used to play ALOT of online games.
Ragnarok Online, WoW, SWTOR, Tera Online, Minecraft.. (before all the updates?)
DoTA, League of Legends, TF2, and CS 1.5, 1.6, Source, GO

I used to not understand why people played single player games. Now I do.
Boy do I hate getting queued with troll players. I quit partially due to a point where I would just get queues with players who wouldn't play the game.
Also league meta 2 stronk.

Hahaha.
You too huh?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1858 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 04:36:12 »

That'd be rad! I'm R53MINICOOPER.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1859 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 08:54:03 »
Trying to finish Skyrim. Again.

I just used to look at stuff and get gear and do nothing else, maybe I'll actually get **** done this time.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline flac.head

« Reply #1860 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 13:05:04 »
90% LoL, 10% Hearthstone.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #1861 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 14:31:14 »
i was playing titanfall on my One until the beta ended.... now i have to fill another void with keyboards.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1862 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 17:10:53 »
i was playing titanfall on my One until the beta ended.... now i have to fill another void with keyboards.
Same here. So lost... :'(
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1863 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 17:23:16 »

Offline inteli722

« Reply #1864 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 18:53:05 »
Show Image

I see someone's on /r/pcmasterrace.
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1865 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 15:03:30 »

one of my fav games of all time ^O^

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1866 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 16:35:15 »
Show Image

If you know how to get this working in english on PC, please let me know. I've been wanting to play this for so many years but when I was enthusiastic enough to research it, there were no real options to get it working it on PC at the time. Kojima + Blade Runner?! Yes please.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1867 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 16:59:53 »
Show Image

If you know how to get this working in english on PC, please let me know. I've been wanting to play this for so many years but when I was enthusiastic enough to research it, there were no real options to get it working it on PC at the time. Kojima + Blade Runner?! Yes please.

I just set it up, I played it ages ago on PC with no problems :P

1. Download 'Fusion364' emulator
2. You'll need a ROM of the game, Sega CD version is the best either EU or NA which ever you 'have' ofc...
3. Then you need to grab a bios file that relates to the version of the game your running. I have an NA ROM so I'm using an NA BIOS, to set this up simply run Fusion, go to Options > Set Config > Sega CD and then browse for the BIOS you have in the right box;

4. Once this is set up you'll probably need to set up your controller, I originally used my DS3 but atm am using my 360 wired controller, to set this up it's super easy, going back to that Set Config menu, on the Port 1 section if your using a 360 controller the second drop down menu should have 'XBOX 360 For Windows' as an option and then click the define button to map it. Bearing in mind Snatcher only uses like 3 buttons, can't remember off the top of my head which but you can easily re-map it at any point.
5. File > Load SegaCD Image
6. Enjoy!

From start to finish I think it took me about 10mins to go from nothing to playing it with my 360 controller, super easy and super quick, just gotta be a bit careful what and where you download files from, and try and avoid websites which provide an .exe 'download' manager program nonesne :P

It's a fantastic game and really is a mix of Blade Runner, Terminator and Kojima nonsense. Though the end of the game is brutal and I've never gotten past it but I'm going to give it another go with the 360 pad and see if I do any better.
Getting Policenauts up and running in english is alot more work, though again totally worth it... though the fan translation isn't super great in places :P
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 February 2014, 17:04:00 by baldgye »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1868 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 17:02:18 »
I currently play a lot of L4D2, TF2, and a bit of Loadout and various other shooters and strategy games.

I just finished Antichamber, which was a ton more fun than I expected it to be. Not sure how much replayability it'll have though.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1869 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 17:19:57 »
Show Image

2. You'll need a ROM of the game, Sega CD version is the best either EU or NA which ever you 'have' ofc...
3. Then you need to grab a bios file that relates to the version of the game your running. I have an NA ROM so I'm using an NA BIOS, to set this up simply run Fusion, go to Options > Set Config > Sega CD and then browse for the BIOS you have in the right box;

Show Image

4. Once this is set up you'll probably need to set up your controller, I originally used my DS3 but atm am using my 360 wired controller, to set this up it's super easy, going back to that Set Config menu, on the Port 1 section if your using a 360 controller the second drop down menu should have 'XBOX 360 For Windows' as an option and then click the define button to map it. Bearing in mind Snatcher only uses like 3 buttons, can't remember off the top of my head which but you can easily re-map it at any point.
6. Enjoy!
Show Image

From start to finish I think it took me about 10mins to go from nothing to playing it with my 360 controller, super easy and super quick, just gotta be a bit careful what and where you download files from, and try and avoid websites which provide an .exe 'download' manager program nonesne :P

It's a fantastic game and really is a mix of Blade Runner, Terminator and Kojima nonsense. Though the end of the game is brutal and I've never gotten past it but I'm going to give it another go with the 360 pad and see if I do any better.
Getting Policenauts up and running in english is alot more work, though again totally worth it... though the fan translation isn't super great in places :P

Doooood, thank you for this in-depth response!!!  You're absolutely awesome!!! Us, Kojima fanboys, are great fans and people!!! :)) Really really do appreciate it, good sir.

Luckily I have DS3 already set up. I'll definitely be getting this to work later tonight! Can't wait to play a Kojima directed visual novel :D Retro/80's style ftw!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1870 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 17:28:23 »
Show Image

Show Image

6. Enjoy!
Show Image

Doooood, thank you for this in-depth response!!!  You're absolutely awesome!!! Us, Kojima fanboys, are great fans and people!!! :)) Really really do appreciate it, good sir.

Luckily I have DS3 already set up. I'll definitely be getting this to work later tonight! Can't wait to play a Kojima directed visual novel :D Retro/80's style ftw!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1871 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 17:31:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

6. Enjoy!
Show Image

Show Image

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1872 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 17:32:43 »
hahaha let me know if you have any problems with it or if and when you try and set up Policenauts :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1873 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 04:49:07 »
hahaha let me know if you have any problems with it or if and when you try and set up Policenauts :)

I got everything working but the PS3 controller thru DS3  :( It doesn't seem to give me the option of selecting the PS3 controller, and I only see mouse and keyboard :( I mean, it's only a 3 button game anyway so I guess I can just use my keyboard :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1874 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 05:32:16 »
Ahh yeah, thinking back I think I ended up doing the same... The ds3's drivers are a bit odd but the keyboard shouldn't hider you :P

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1875 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 10:31:10 »
Anyone download cod ghosts for the free weekend? How can they make a game so bad?

It looks bad, it runs bad and it isn't fun at all. COD4 is still better even though it is so much older, BLOPS2 was also way better and it wasn't a great game.

Offline mauri

« Reply #1876 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 12:47:08 »
Anyone download cod ghosts for the free weekend? How can they make a game so bad?

It looks bad, it runs bad and it isn't fun at all. COD4 is still better even though it is so much older, BLOPS2 was also way better and it wasn't a great game.

The singleplayer is nice
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #1877 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 13:27:55 »
EVE... So much EVE...
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1878 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 17:31:18 »

The singleplayer is nice
Eh, I don't play call of duty for the single player, I don't think many people do.

Ghosts maps have absolutely no flow at all. It looks depressing, no colors anywhere, everything blends in (including players into the scenery) and overall it is just terrible. I am so glad I didn't buy this game, it is the first cod game since cod4 I have not purchased and I don't care one bit.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1879 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 17:40:06 »

The singleplayer is nice
Eh, I don't play call of duty for the single player, I don't think many people do.

Ghosts maps have absolutely no flow at all. It looks depressing, no colors anywhere, everything blends in (including players into the scenery) and overall it is just terrible. I am so glad I didn't buy this game, it is the first cod game since cod4 I have not purchased and I don't care one bit.

Good to see I'm not the only one bothered by the maps in the recent CoD games. MW2 had great maps, but MW3 and Ghosts both have poor map design. Seems like Respawn stole all the map talent, since the maps in the Titanfall beta certainly felt more like MW2 maps than any MW3 or Ghosts map ever did.

Offline saltdiscus

« Reply #1880 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 19:44:08 »
I play dayz and rust on my new custom pc. Anybody wants to join me my steam email is arjunpun@gmail.com.I also do lot of ps4 gaming my id is punguy.plz add me.I am makimg a group to play dayz coz playing seldom doesn work on this game.
duckyshine3/looking for poker,mx keycaps

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1881 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:45:40 »
picked up the new strider game.  Love it so far and now i'm addicted to getting high up on the leaderboards for completion time.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1882 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 10:35:00 »
Minecraft with the Madpack....prepare to die....A LOT!!!  :eek:

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #1883 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 12:09:39 »
I play a lot of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance online. That and TA are probably the games I've always enjoyed most.

Aside from that I'm dabbling with Dark Souls, Spelunky and Metal Gear: Revengeance,

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1884 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:08:57 »

The singleplayer is nice

but but but

I tried playing the new COD but the fov was too low for me.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1885 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:12:49 »
EVE... So much EVE...

:D me too! Not so much recently, I've fallen a bit out of love with it and I can't push myself to stay active. But meh, I still like it.

Where about are you located?

Also Lots of Dota. Loooooots of Dota.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1886 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 01:19:34 »

I just reinstalled 4. Shipment yard 24/7 MP5

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1887 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 10:26:38 »

I just reinstalled 4. Shipment yard 24/7 MP5
You should try an HnS server (Hide n Seek) it is so fun  :)

Offline N1ne

• Nub
« Reply #1888 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:16:22 »
I've been playing a lot of games recently, mostly roguelikes (Risk of Rain, Our Darker Purpose).

Got back into Diablo 3, seems much more enjoyable now that the new patch is out so I think I'll pick up the expansion.  I've been playing HC on EU.

Played the Wildstar stress test, I'm very excited about that game, and of course there's the new Amerish and sniper rifles on Planetside 2, the new leagues on Path of Exile, Star Citizen, Everquest, Grim Dawn and so many other games....!!

I'm beginning to worry I won't have enough time to play them all as much as I'd like!

Shameless plug here, I have a twitch channel where I'm streaming regularly (4 days a week).  If you like that sort of thing check it out here.
Ahhh cripes Eva! Just sign it yourself will ya? I'm busy!

We do what we must because we can.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1889 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:37:07 »

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1890 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 09:41:23 »
Receiver. Receiver. Receiver.

oh yeahhh handle that gun
chamber the bullet
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline inteli722

« Reply #1891 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 10:51:31 »

chamber the bullet

I wanted to buy it, but I bought my dad a Mini Griptillian, so I have no money
More

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1892 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 10:56:39 »

chamber the bullet

I wanted to buy it, but I bought my dad a Mini Griptillian, so I have no money
It's pretty good and pretty cheap, you should get it when you have the money. I got it for free because I bought Overgrowth a while back (same devs). Basically Overgrowth is a punchy kicky blood-physics-y rabbit 3d platformer parkour/freerunning simulator. Super fast, fun and brutal. You should get that too, although costs a lot more.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1893 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 12:58:03 »
Overgrowth is still in alpha at best, isn't it? I loved Lugaru, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1894 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 13:14:14 »
Yeah, it's been in alpha for years but still VERY frequently updated to this day. But there's like, what, two people working on it? And It's still very solid mechanics wise. I wonder when they'll finish it. It's surprising how active the community is, despite the seemingly small amount of people there are, too.

Also I just want to say that both Receiver and Overgrowth are very, very mod friendly.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:21:49 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1895 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 11:30:55 »
Banished is pretty sweet.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline irendulic

« Reply #1896 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 12:07:30 »
Competitive Tetris :) - Tetris Friends, Tetris Online Poland, Nullpomino.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1897 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:45:27 »

You've probably seen this, but this guy beating Tetris Grand Master then playing invisible mode is still amazing to me.   :eek:

Offline irendulic

« Reply #1898 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:47:57 »
There is a lot of people who did it, this is just the video that for some reason became popular.

Much more awesome ones in single player terms:

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1899 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:55:03 »

You've probably seen this, but this guy beating Tetris Grand Master then playing invisible mode is still amazing to me.   :eek:

Damn can't believe I just watched the whole thing.