Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 874267 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3050 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 04:38:54 »
Been playing a lot of H1Z1 lately, the battle royales are really good.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #3051 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 07:39:29 »
I miss having an MMO to play. Tried WoW after Warlords of Draenor came out.. made it about a month and then bleah :( I was huge into WoW up until Wrath of the Lich King. Started falling out during Cataclysm before completely stopping playing.

Then I got REALLY into Final Fantasy XIV since the original beta and early access. Was REALLY into that, raiding, getting every single job max leveled. Then.. fell out of that too. It just got incredibly boring fast :( They're good at putting out new content every 3 months, but it wasn't enough. It doesn't help that the free company/guild I've been in since I started playing, with a lot of awesome people, pretty much fell apart a few months ago. Lost all our raid groups and active people..

So now I've been trying to play Guild Wars 2 which is pretty fun so far. I really miss playing an MMO damn it.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3052 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 07:44:45 »
I miss having an MMO to play. Tried WoW after Warlords of Draenor came out.. made it about a month and then bleah :( I was huge into WoW up until Wrath of the Lich King. Started falling out during Cataclysm before completely stopping playing.

Then I got REALLY into Final Fantasy XIV since the original beta and early access. Was REALLY into that, raiding, getting every single job max leveled. Then.. fell out of that too. It just got incredibly boring fast :( They're good at putting out new content every 3 months, but it wasn't enough. It doesn't help that the free company/guild I've been in since I started playing, with a lot of awesome people, pretty much fell apart a few months ago. Lost all our raid groups and active people..

So now I've been trying to play Guild Wars 2 which is pretty fun so far. I really miss playing an MMO damn it.

I feel that you can only have one good run at the MMOs, I've been 3-4years onto WoW with an awesome Guild.  Even if we all stopped the game, we tried other MMOs but couldn't find one that was good enough. Friends that were onto another MMO have the same problem.

But damn the Burning Cruisade raids... I'd pay solid cash to revive this experience with the old mates.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #3053 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 08:01:34 »
I bought Rocket League the other day and have been playing a lot of it. Pretty fun game even though I suck at it.

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #3054 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:41:20 »
My sister and I just started playing Civ V (Hot Seat) last night and man, there is a lot of stuff to learn! We have been rabid split-screen Borderlands/Borderlands 2/Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel addicts and can hardly wait 'til February to get our hands on Battleborn.  We are just hoping that it will be as good as it sounds. We tried some of the zombie type games (L4D2, Resident Evil V, Serious Sam BFE) but get very frustrated with running around maiming, mutilating and murdering creatures/freaks/aliens.
FIND US AT: 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3055 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 23:14:51 »
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3056 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 00:27:13 »
Might have to pick up 2k16, looks awesome
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3057 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 01:03:11 »

Not really worth the $59 imo. It's really buggy, OKC and Golden State are vastly op.
Multiplayer is spotty due to the servers frequently going down.

Just a heads up. Maybe wait till a price drop and patch. Patch probably incoming by the end of Oct.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3058 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 01:06:10 »

Not really worth the $59 imo. It's really buggy, OKC and Golden State are vastly op.
Multiplayer is spotty due to the servers frequently going down.

Just a heads up. Maybe wait till a price drop and patch. Patch probably incoming by the end of Oct.
Hmm, guess I'll wait. I can only justify the price of sports games like this if I only buy them every few years or so anyway. At least with 2K they make some decently sizable improvements every year, Madden is just the same game every year

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3059 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 21:00:30 »
Been playing through Alien Isolation finally. Game is pretty fickin awesome if you like stealth, Alien, awesomely done atmosphere, and some mildly scary moments. I heard it's insanely long though, so I'm not sure I'll finish it if it starts to get stale.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #3060 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 22:49:43 »
Anyone here have any experience with ARK? Thinking about picking it up but I don't have a lot of time to play games.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3061 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 22:50:14 »
Been playing through Alien Isolation finally. Game is pretty fickin awesome if you like stealth, Alien, awesomely done atmosphere, and some mildly scary moments. I heard it's insanely long though, so I'm not sure I'll finish it if it starts to get stale.

The sound direction in that game is so damn good, it's literally scary.  :eek:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3062 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 22:51:53 »
I feel like having a data cap has really killed most of the interest I have in getting new games. Makes downloading stuff a pain, and between CSGO, 2K, and GTA5 I've been pretty set for a while. Though occasionally I like to play a chill game to mix it up, really like Rock of Ages

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3063 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 08:52:16 »
I feel like having a data cap has really killed most of the interest I have in getting new games. Makes downloading stuff a pain, and between CSGO, 2K, and GTA5 I've been pretty set for a while. Though occasionally I like to play a chill game to mix it up, really like Rock of Ages

Data cap? D:
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3064 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:40:07 »
Anyone here have any experience with ARK? Thinking about picking it up but I don't have a lot of time to play games.

I tried playing it single pkayer during the free weekend that happened not long ago. Single-player would be a big time sink for minimal reward, can't speak to the multiplayer. I'd imagine like any other online game, if you find a good community it's probably a lot of fun.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3065 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:41:24 »

Data cap? D:
:'(

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3066 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:24:26 »

I have also been thinking about picking it up.. Looks fun if you played with friends. For now I think I am waiting for Fallout 4 though.

Offline beyond

• Yeezy Enthusiast
« Reply #3067 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 17:44:31 »
Playing heaps of Diablo 3 at the moment with the new season, going for leaderboards and good gear. I've put a bit of a stop on Runescape for now since I maxxed a few weeks ago. Raids are incredibly fun, but the Australian community is so small that they're too cliquey, and I can't bare to play on an American server.

06H4173 - Model M      Pok3r - Cherry MX Blue

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3068 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:16:39 »
Does anyone play Spiral Knights at all I actually like the game because it looks so dam cute, but I would love to play it with someone else :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #3069 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 17:13:19 »
A buddy of mine gifted me Telltale's Game of Thrones through Steam tonight. Had a couple of hours on it and I was expecting to dislike it, but it has pleasantly surprised me.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3070 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 05:51:00 »
Playing heaps of Diablo 3 at the moment with the new season, going for leaderboards and good gear. I've put a bit of a stop on Runescape for now since I maxxed a few weeks ago. Raids are incredibly fun, but the Australian community is so small that they're too cliquey, and I can't bare to play on an American server.

Haven't played D3 since launch, but the season thing sounds interesting. Installing it now, my brother convinced me this past weekend. I almost never have enough time to put into online games to make it worthwhile anymore though  :(

Still wish they'd patch in controller support though, such an awesome game to be able to play from a couch and the console version has gotten awesome feedback for the same-screen multiplayer. Definitely on my hitlist once the Steam Controller is out.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3071 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 18:34:06 »
You know you're bored of a game when you login, click a couple things, then log right back out.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3072 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:53:45 »
You know you're bored of a game when you login, click a couple things, then log right back out.

This has been me lately - I play for like 2 minutes and say screw it - back to browsing instead

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #3073 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:52:48 »
XCOM MOTHER****ERS.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3074 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:37:29 »
Just bought Tomb Raider GOTY on steam($5.99) and am going to see how I like it.

Recently finished Dying Light story and all side stories. Also wrapped up Portal 2, FINALLY!

Was on BioShock Infinite and was maybe an hour in to game play and kept getting my ass kicked. I may have set the difficulty to hard. That's stalled out for now. What bit I did play I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first 2. Definitely going to revisit it though because the story on those games is great.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3075 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:48:59 »
Was on BioShock Infinite and was maybe an hour in to game play and kept getting my ass kicked. I may have set the difficulty to hard. That's stalled out for now. What bit I did play I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first 2. Definitely going to revisit it though because the story on those games is great.

I honestly didn't care much for Infinite.  Unlike 1 and 2, the story was a lot more forced and linear, you don't get the opportunity to really discover the world and the story like you do in 1and 2.  It just felt dumbed down.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3076 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:14:42 »

I honestly didn't care much for Infinite.  Unlike 1 and 2, the story was a lot more forced and linear, you don't get the opportunity to really discover the world and the story like you do in 1and 2.  It just felt dumbed down.

For sure 1 and 2 are better.  I am working through Infinite now and am near the end.  The first half of the game has a few parts that lag a bit and the story is a bit cloudy, but after you get in a few hours, it starts to pick up. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Bomble

« Reply #3077 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 18:45:54 »
I really want to finally finish a full playthrough of Fallout NV before Fallout 4 comes out, but I can't pull myself away from rocket league. It's just so addicting :blank:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3078 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 18:59:13 »
The best games are those rated by IGN...every **** PC game gets an 8+ during release...funny how that works.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #3079 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:34:01 »
XCOM MOTHER****ERS.

I both love and hate this game so much!!!

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #3080 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:29:32 »
XCOM MOTHER****ERS.

I'm a sucker for turn-based strategy/pausable RPG, so this is pretty much heaven for me. Saves me a crapton of money too, don't need to always buy new video cards.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #3081 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:36:01 »
XCOM MOTHER****ERS.

I'm a sucker for turn-based strategy/pausable RPG, so this is pretty much heaven for me. Saves me a crapton of money too, don't need to always buy new video cards.
I hope you've played KOTOR, if you're into pausable rpg :)

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #3082 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:17:15 »
XCOM MOTHER****ERS.

Dude, I beat that game as Soldier, Scout, and Scoundrel, Dark and Light, then beat KOTOR 2 with all prestige classes... Weaponmaster for fun, Jedi Master was also pretty interesting, but Sith Lord + Force Crush > all.

Favourite pausable RPG is probably DA:O though. Such a great game. Shadowrun: Dragonfall was also really fun.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #3083 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:21:35 »
XCOM MOTHER****ERS.

Dude, I beat that game as Soldier, Scout, and Scoundrel, Dark and Light, then beat KOTOR 2 with all prestige classes... Weaponmaster for fun, Jedi Master was also pretty interesting, but Sith Lord + Force Crush > all.

Favourite pausable RPG is probably DA:O though. Such a great game. Shadowrun: Dragonfall was also really fun.
I've never played shadowrun, nor have I heard of it, but I'm currently about 60hrs into DA:O.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #3084 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:23:30 »

I've never played shadowrun, nor have I heard of it, but I'm currently about 60hrs into DA:O.

It's like an easy version of XCOM, but really nice art and is quite fun, it's a breath of fresh air.

Rogue + flank + Backstab and those two unique daggers = god mode in DA:O :P

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #3085 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:26:26 »

It's like an easy version of XCOM, but really nice art and is quite fun, it's a breath of fresh air.

Rogue + flank + Backstab and those two unique daggers = god mode in DA:O
I've been getting back into racing games lately, and I find it to be a ton of fun. I just need a wheel now!

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #3086 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 23:16:57 »
I've recently gotten back into CS:GO and now I'm getting into FFXIV. I heard FFXIV is dangerous in that I have friends who have stop eating just to play. I'm even trying to build a computer to be able to play it on max.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3087 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:11:03 »
Mad Max is still so good... I finally uploaded some screenshots. It looks so good...

http://imgur.com/a/Lxaif

#LEGITBALLIN

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3088 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 17:20:39 »
Started playing prison architect again just in time for the full release in a couple of days - so much fun but brings out my cruel side...

Attacked my staff? Yeah you're going into permanent solitary confinement for the rest of your 4 year sentence...

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #3089 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 19:12:28 »
I've recently gotten back into CS:GO and now I'm getting into FFXIV. I heard FFXIV is dangerous in that I have friends who have stop eating just to play. I'm even trying to build a computer to be able to play it on max.
Until a few weeks ago, I've played FFXIV since beta... I was really hooked, raided a crap load, I leveled every single job to 50 before Heavensward (And then Summoner to 60 after Heavensward) so.. I've definitely been hooked haha.

Main reason I stopped playing is just because my guild I was with since the beginning kinda fell apart, my friend I played with stopped playing, and so then I just fell out of it.. been playing Guild Wars 2 for a nice change from FFXIV. But FFXIV is a great game. SE is good at putting out major content patches every 3 months, with lots of stuff in between. There's so much to do. Summoner was my favorite job, so much fun and lots of off-GCD skills to use.. which is good because the GCD in that game is 2.5 seconds. Dragoon is tons of fun too.

I met a lot of awesome people through that game, and had a great two years with it :)

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3090 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 13:54:10 »
I keep hearing good things about Endless Legend, can anyone confirm it's greatness/****tyness?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3091 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 14:04:31 »
lurch, vesper and brocaps convinced me to buy reaper of souls :-X

Offline TheO-RingGuys

• Hey, my name is Fernand and I sell o-rings. B)
« Reply #3092 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 22:39:12 »
Strictly Tetris and nothing else. B)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3093 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 05:04:19 »
Drive Club is TERRIBLE, it feels like the people who made this game only ever experienced cars through a tuner magazine or something, the handling is an insult to physics engines, it looks like ****, the tracks are garbage and to add to the garbage tracks there is no racing line, so you've no idea when to break or what kinda corner is coming up.. on top of that your car behaves so randomly that your constantly fighting the controls just to make sure you go in a straight line.

Yesterday I did an hour long race in Project Cars in a GT3 McLaren with no assists on and that was less stressful than one ****ty race in Drive Club.

Holy ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3094 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 14:08:43 »

YES.  Tetris is best.  :cool:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3095 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 14:09:54 »

YES.  Tetris is best.  :cool:

Do you even numpad, bro?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3096 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 13:34:00 »
Debating about getting into Blade and Soul when it comes out. Really looking for an MMO to just mindlessly kill things in.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #3097 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 15:49:46 »
I downloaded an emulator called RetroArch the other day that lets you play with a CRT style shaders. It really improves the experience of playing 2d games on an LCD screen.

Anyway I've been on a NES kick, didn't really play a lot of these much the first time round cos I was a Sega fanboy. Gremlins 2: The New Batch, Mega Man 2 and the delightful Mr. Gimmick are incredibly good. The precise nature of the platforming and the tricky enemy movement of these 3 games just keeps me coming back for another go even if they're all bastard hard.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3098 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 15:53:46 »
I downloaded an emulator called RetroArch the other day that lets you play with a CRT style shaders. It really improves the experience of playing 2d games on an LCD screen.

Anyway I've been on a NES kick, didn't really play a lot of these much the first time round cos I was a Sega fanboy. Gremlins 2: The New Batch, Mega Man 2 and the delightful Mr. Gimmick are incredibly good. The precise nature of the platforming and the tricky enemy movement of these 3 games just keeps me coming back for another go even if they're all bastard hard.

Mr Gimmick is awesome.    It's a shame it had such a limited release, that extra audio chip built into the cartridge (JP-only) really takes the soundtrack to another level. 

Offline MyBoolean

« Reply #3099 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 19:21:01 »
Assassins creed series. :)
skyrim
Saints row

Ragnarok. but  private server. i miss the old days. :(