Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873995 times)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3100 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 19:30:37 »
Been playing ARK lately. If anyone would like to play on an Official Server PM me.

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #3101 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 23:05:24 »
Been playing ARK lately. If anyone would like to play on an Official Server PM me.
I really want to still get into this game sometime.. There's just so many damn games out to play, gah!

I finally got into Destiny recently for the first time since it was released. I absolutely love it. Just finished getting geared enough to start raiding.

Oh and while waiting for the Guild Wars 2 expansion to come out.. been playing some Star Wars: The Old Republic randomly.

Oh, and Secret Ponchos. I played it back last year when it was available for free on PS4 for PS Plus members, it was pretty fun. Now it's out on PC, so been playing that a bit :)

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #3102 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 11:13:08 »
Hi, Syribo. I really like Long Island, especially without the coke. ;)

I've just bought myself a bunch of mediaeval-trade games. Knights and Merchants, Guild, Patrician, whatever. And Anno 1400-something. Can't always be sword-rattling knight in shining armour, can one.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3103 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 16:07:17 »
Been playing a lot of Shadows of Morodor lately. At first I really enjoyed Batman Arkham Origins but after a while Assassin's Creed started to feel very same feeling as some other games (can't think of them off the top of my head.)
But all in all I think Spiderman is a pretty solid title and if you enjoy Lord of the Rings lore you ought to give Sleeping Dogs a try!

Offline Antioch

« Reply #3104 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 16:47:07 »
Any Hearthstone love on here?
Cherry MX Brown Filco Majestouch II

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #3105 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 17:02:06 »
Dwarf Fortress. No need for a pointing device, just keyboard love and a thirst for more adamantine.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3106 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 17:07:54 »
Dwarf Fortress. No need for a pointing device, just keyboard love and a thirst for more adamantine.

beast

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #3107 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 19:11:36 »

beast

Forgotten Beast!

Here's the scoop on my latest fortress: I'm only 1.5 years into a new embark. You set out with seven dwarves at your command, ready to strike the earth. Luckily, they listen to you most of the time :)  These dwarves stopped their wagon to make camp FORTRESS FOR THE GLORY OF ARMOK at the top of a volcano, so I made quick plans to set up magma forges. It's a bit tricky, but dwarven engineering will get you pretty far. After gathering raw ore (gold, hematite, tetrahedrite), we got smelted the metal into bars and began forging picks for mining, basic weapons, and furniture to keep the citizens happy.

But soon, sad news from Mountainhomes arrived. Or rather...no news arrived. It turns out that every other fortress from my dwarves' homeland (roughly translated as "The Brown Silvers") had been destroyed and the scheduled "Outpost Liason" never showed up to trade. Instead, the last dwarves dwarves decided to elect a new KING. A metalsmith, Ufir. He's one lucky dwarf, since all dwarven kings are entitled to a host of pleasures and rooms. He's chill though, only demands that we NOT export anvils. True to his trade I would say.

Now, we prepare for war. I will surely find justice for the fallen dwarven Mountainhome...

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #3108 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 16:00:38 »
Mostly ARK, CS:GO, and TF 2 :)
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #3109 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 17:20:54 »

beast

Forgotten Beast!

Here's the scoop on my latest fortress: I'm only 1.5 years into a new embark. You set out with seven dwarves at your command, ready to strike the earth. Luckily, they listen to you most of the time :)  These dwarves stopped their wagon to make camp FORTRESS FOR THE GLORY OF ARMOK at the top of a volcano, so I made quick plans to set up magma forges. It's a bit tricky, but dwarven engineering will get you pretty far. After gathering raw ore (gold, hematite, tetrahedrite), we got smelted the metal into bars and began forging picks for mining, basic weapons, and furniture to keep the citizens happy.

But soon, sad news from Mountainhomes arrived. Or rather...no news arrived. It turns out that every other fortress from my dwarves' homeland (roughly translated as "The Brown Silvers") had been destroyed and the scheduled "Outpost Liason" never showed up to trade. Instead, the last dwarves dwarves decided to elect a new KING. A metalsmith, Ufir. He's one lucky dwarf, since all dwarven kings are entitled to a host of pleasures and rooms. He's chill though, only demands that we NOT export anvils. True to his trade I would say.

Now, we prepare for war. I will surely find justice for the fallen dwarven Mountainhome...

the stories that this game produces, excellent!

wish that all of my fortresses didn't end up as horrible, overpopulated lag-fests

Offline Syribo

« Reply #3110 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 17:45:09 »
Vermintide is SOOOOOOO damn fun. If anyone likes Left 4 Dead 2, you would love this game most likely. It's L4D2 style with loot and inventory, characters that actually do different things, all in the Warhammer universe. Official release is tonight/tomorrow.. real excited for another 9 maps to play :D :D

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #3111 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 17:49:57 »
I've been playing TF2 on the regular for the past year after taking a short break. I couldn't help but get hooked again.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Syribo

« Reply #3112 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 19:27:33 »
I've been playing TF2 on the regular for the past year after taking a short break. I couldn't help but get hooked again.
Man I miss TF2.. I used to play that so much back in the day, but haven't really played it in years now. I really miss it. I even still have my plushie of the bloody dove that I bought just to have the in game dove that sits on the Medics shoulder lol. That was probably the first time I ever bought an in game item with real money. I may have to get back into that again soon.

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #3113 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 22:55:52 »

beast

Forgotten Beast!

wish that all of my fortresses didn't end up as horrible, overpopulated lag-fests

It's a bit nutty, but I love how unique each play can be.

FPS tips, render "Small" or "Pocket" worlds with shorter history. The larger the continent and the longer time runs, FPS death becomes more common.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3114 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 09:35:05 »
Hex FRVR

Happy rest of the weekend. :evil:

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3115 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:02:36 »
I play a lot of Leauge of Legends, but lately I've been spamming the heck out of MGSV. What a great game. I felt bad playing mostly LoL with a 980 in my comp, so I had to get something to actually make it worth owning.  ;D

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #3116 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:23:00 »
DOTA 2 for life!! That and WoW... even though it's so pathetic for the past couple years... the legion expansion looks promising
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #3117 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:56:22 »
Hex FRVR

Happy rest of the weekend. :evil:

:-X dis be fun.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #3118 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:58:08 »
Avid Dota2 player here!

Around 4k MMR range.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline graefeln

« Reply #3119 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:03:00 »
Playing Guild Wars 2. Stepped away for awhile, but came back to it last Christmas or so and the first expansion just came out, so there is stuff to keep me entertained.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #3120 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 01:12:03 »
Playing Guild Wars 2. Stepped away for awhile, but came back to it last Christmas or so and the first expansion just came out, so there is stuff to keep me entertained.
I just got into GW2 a few months ago, stopped a few weeks ago until expansion. gonna start again tomorrow, excited about it. I really love the combat system in that game.. and I really like how the game feels a lot different than most other MMO's I've played. Instead of just questlines everywhere, you just go around and do events. It's a nice change. So far Thief was my favorite class, followed by Mesmer.. Hopefully they improved on Mesmer a bit, because I heard it's DPS in end game was real crappy.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #3121 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 04:36:12 »
I just got into GW2 a few months ago, stopped a few weeks ago until expansion. gonna start again tomorrow, excited about it. I really love the combat system in that game.. and I really like how the game feels a lot different than most other MMO's I've played. Instead of just questlines everywhere, you just go around and do events. It's a nice change. So far Thief was my favorite class, followed by Mesmer.. Hopefully they improved on Mesmer a bit, because I heard it's DPS in end game was real crappy.

Their DPS isn't the highest, but it's not horrible - especially against ranged mobs (reflect). I played a Mesmer since the head start weekend and it was the only class I could really get into - I've had almost all of them at 80 and I just like the playstyle of the mesmer best. I am digging the new revenant though.
One thing about Mesmer DPS is that most people gauge it by the first seconds of a fight and the mesmer has to bring out illusions before it really gets going, so it makes it look a lot worse on charts. Besides, pink/purple butterflies rock!

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #3122 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 09:40:20 »
Osu, Csgo  :)

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #3123 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 13:04:56 »
I've been really addicted to Divinity: Original Sin lately (and probably will continue to be with the Enhanced Edition coming out in two days). When I can pull myself away from that it is Spelunky when I'm in the mood for casual, and The Witcher 3 when I'm not.

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #3124 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:40:26 »
I build a gaming PC and got triple monitor set up 2 years ago and have spend 99% of my time playing Dota 2. Got really addicted to it actually. I think I am taking a few months off from Dota to maybe play less competitive more enjoyable and relaxing games.

Offline Kola93

« Reply #3125 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:38:42 »
Roller Coaster Tycoon is definitely my favourite game.

I've played every edition since the first version, and have always enjoyed it. ^-^

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3126 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 05:10:43 »
Playing Diablo 3 with a buddie playing the expansion and I think our game is broken.

Prior to this I got a lvl60 DH called Paul who got to level 8 paragon, now I can't remember wtf that **** means so me and my buddie re-rolled new chaos and now I'm starting over as Andy the Crusader... And the game is broken it's so ezpz, we played on normal because harder said **** about legend gear, which as a level 0 he had nothing so we went for normal and we are legit 1 shotting bosses, knocked it up to hard and the same thing is happening.. It's hella fun but zero challenge... Wtf?

Can't make it any harder l, did I **** up with paragon level stuff?

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #3127 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:26:43 »

beast

Forgotten Beast!

It's a bit nutty, but I love how unique each play can be.

FPS tips, render "Small" or "Pocket" worlds with shorter history. The larger the continent and the longer time runs, FPS death becomes more common.

That's definitely the problem. I'm really into procgen so I love generating the most complex, long history world possible just to watch it spin. And then get lost in it in adventure mode!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3128 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:02:36 »
Playing Diablo 3 with a buddie playing the expansion and I think our game is broken.

Prior to this I got a lvl60 DH called Paul who got to level 8 paragon, now I can't remember wtf that **** means so me and my buddie re-rolled new chaos and now I'm starting over as Andy the Crusader... And the game is broken it's so ezpz, we played on normal because harder said **** about legend gear, which as a level 0 he had nothing so we went for normal and we are legit 1 shotting bosses, knocked it up to hard and the same thing is happening.. It's hella fun but zero challenge... Wtf?

Can't make it any harder l, did I **** up with paragon level stuff?

Got a nagelring?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3129 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:13:05 »
Who?

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #3130 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:13:06 »
I build a gaming PC and got triple monitor set up 2 years ago and have spend 99% of my time playing Dota 2. Got really addicted to it actually. I think I am taking a few months off from Dota to maybe play less competitive more enjoyable and relaxing games.

Oh! I just started playing Dota after playing League for years (league suks  :-X)

My steam profile is on my profile!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3131 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:29:14 »
Who?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/nagelring

I've heard of the minions making the intial leveling ridiculously easy since you can have 4 of them at once.

Hard isn't exactly 'hard', it might be the most efficient for leveling but master is where the difficulty actually increases somewhat noticeably.

Offline CG

« Reply #3132 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:00:11 »
Anyone else excited for the binding of isaac rebirth dlc?
3 days until it comes out  :D

Offline resolush

« Reply #3133 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:15:23 »
CS:GO, Rust, Terraria, and I love, love, love Zombie games.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:26:19 by resolush »

Offline Bomble

« Reply #3134 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:15:55 »

I kind of stopped following that game, but I didn't realise afterbirth was so close! I might have to pick it up after my finals

Offline CG

« Reply #3135 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 00:47:24 »

I kind of stopped following that game, but I didn't realise afterbirth was so close! I might have to pick it up after my finals

Just letting you know the dlc is -39% off on steam for three more days, if you don't mind pre-ordering things.

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #3136 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 00:52:20 »
I've been playing WoW again, just killing time until Fallout and hopefully Overwatch.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3137 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 01:37:00 »
I've been playing WoW again, just killing time until Fallout and hopefully Overwatch.

Yeah man, waiting for Fallout 4 as well. Dota 2 does a pretty good job of taking up time though, and this forum.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline jpvs

• What we type in life echoes in eternity
« Reply #3138 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 02:48:38 »
League of legends, BF4, hearthstone,  heroes of storm :B

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3139 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 04:20:20 »
Who?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/nagelring

I've heard of the minions making the intial leveling ridiculously easy since you can have 4 of them at once.

Hard isn't exactly 'hard', it might be the most efficient for leveling but master is where the difficulty actually increases somewhat noticeably.

oh yeah I do have a ring that spawns 4 little blue chaps, but it was ezpz before that and me and my buddie destroy everything for the most part before they even get involved

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #3140 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 09:09:52 »
The game i play the most on PC is.....Runescape....NO SHAME

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3141 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:25:18 »
2 games that I actually play every day (if not for just a few minutes) are Spelunky (Steam) and Puzzle and Dragons (Android)
I have been playing both these titles  every day for about the past 2 years. They are like my Solitaire or Minesweeper.

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #3142 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:16:37 »
2 games that I actually play every day (if not for just a few minutes) are Spelunky (Steam) and Puzzle and Dragons (Android)
I have been playing both these titles  every day for about the past 2 years. They are like my Solitaire or Minesweeper.

I LOVE spelunky. I'm just about to do the daily for today.

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #3143 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:22:13 »

What's the deal with Spelunky? Is it a roguelike? I didn't think it was the sort of game to have "dailies"...

Puzzles and Dragons - "most popular mobile game in Japan" - sounds like something I should try!

Offline Butter

« Reply #3144 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:28:55 »
Civ 5 ;D

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #3145 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:36:59 »

What's the deal with Spelunky? Is it a roguelike? I didn't think it was the sort of game to have "dailies"...

Puzzles and Dragons - "most popular mobile game in Japan" - sounds like something I should try!

It's a  procedurally generated platformer with permadeath. You're a spelunker exploring a cave. You progress down 4 themed "worlds" with 4 levels each (and a 5th secret world). The daily is a once-per-day attempt to get a high score (you collect gold and treasure on your way through the game). It's annoyingly hard, but addictive. I picked it up on a whim during a Steam sale for ~$3 I think. There should be a sale coming up soon if you want to give it a shot without too much of an investment.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3146 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:42:49 »

Maybe like a year ago; I think Monster strike passed it though.  Way more entertaining, too.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3147 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:56:55 »

4 themed "worlds" with 4 levels each (and a 5th secret world).

there's at least 4 secret levels (that I know of)
*worm
*castle
*mothership
*city of gold

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #3148 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:11:58 »

4 themed "worlds" with 4 levels each (and a 5th secret world).

there's at least 4 secret levels (that I know of)
*worm
*castle
*mothership
*city of gold

Very true, I was just thinking of Hell. I guess the Black Market is also a secret level. Gotta hate that worm level though.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3149 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:23:27 »
Oh yeah forgot about that, I have never gotten to Hell. It's hard enough getting into City of Gold! I actually used to think you had to carry the gold key all the way from 1-2/1-3. Imagine my dismay when after months of trying I finally carried the key to the golden door only to find out that's not how you do it :'(