Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 874035 times)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3200 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 12:55:14 »
I need something to replace League. I've stopped playing for months but still haven't found anything with the same amount of replay-ability or competitive scene.

Really considering Overwatch - Blizzard has never disappointed me before.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3201 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:04:39 »
I need something to replace League. I've stopped playing for months but still haven't found anything with the same amount of replay-ability or competitive scene.

Hope your ready to pay for it then, because its a pay to play game now  :))
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3202 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:15:56 »

$40 right?

I already spent more than that on "free to play" games like League and Hearthstone...so it shouldn't be a problem  :))
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3203 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:18:42 »
I've also had League downloaded for like a month and have only played the tutorial so far. Seemed fun, should really play sometime...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Morning19

« Reply #3204 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:29:17 »
Had another play through of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Something about that game has nice replay value for me.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3205 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:07:35 »
Was up to 2:30 last night playing fallout 4 - pretty fun

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #3206 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 05:48:59 »
Even though BLOPS3 came on Friday I cant put down destiny. 

I don't know what it is about the game (perhaps the fact that i play with friends on comms) but I cant stop. 

I know its the same strikes and stories over and over... its like crack..

Also, I'd be on the fallout 4 hype as well but they've really got to stop releasing sooooo many game sin the autumn months, Halo, Blops, star wars battle front, Rainbow Six Siege......

Offline GuilleAcoustic

« Reply #3207 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 06:07:00 »
I'm playing Terraria and Unepic at the moment.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3208 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 08:05:53 »

$40 right?

I already spent more than that on "free to play" games like League and Hearthstone...so it shouldn't be a problem  :))
:p I know right I'm the same I said I would never buy a skin then they made full metal ram us ;-; I don't know how I feel about over watch though kinda don't think I will end up getting it never been too into blizzard games and it looks like they may milk people for the characters:X but judgement waits until it's out.... For now I keep saying my friend from London sounds like tracer XD
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline MeltingTeeth

« Reply #3209 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 08:44:16 »
AOM to get new expansion pack!

Offline shibataken

« Reply #3210 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:05:54 »
Just finished the Witcher 3 and mmo-wise enjoying GW2/FF14 :D

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3211 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:51:07 »
AOM to get new expansion pack!
Really? And what AOM? Like AoM?

All I know is that African Kingdoms is coming out for Age of Empires 2 these days.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3212 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:54:57 »
Sounds like I should finally give the Fallout series a try.  :))

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3213 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:24:23 »

Yes Hoff, yes you should.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3214 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:24:52 »

I need more tiiiime...   :'(

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3215 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:59:33 »

Don't we all? Fallout time is coming out of my sleep time!  ;)

Offline chroness

• HHKB Fanboy
« Reply #3216 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:00:10 »
I've been playing a lot of league and some shadow of mordor recently. Shadow of mordor is a great game thus far!!!
Cup is love, Cup is life

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3217 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:00:35 »

Worst part is that Fallout has got to be one of the more life consuming games out there given the huge amount of side quests, exploration and now even base building involved in the game

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3218 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:20:09 »

Worst part is that Fallout has got to be one of the more life consuming games out there given the huge amount of side quests, exploration and now even base building involved in the game

I'm enjoying the game except for the base building element.  Base building and all that seems like something for a min-maxer.  I don't play a game to do frustrating micromanagement, I play it to escape and have fun.

I guess Fallout Shelter was just prep for that element.  I got bored of FOS within a week.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3219 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:27:12 »

I'm enjoying the game except for the base building element.  Base building and all that seems like something for a min-maxer.  I don't play a game to do frustrating micromanagement, I play it to escape and have fun.

I guess Fallout Shelter was just prep for that element.  I got bored of FOS within a week.

Yeah it's pretty annoying being shoehorned into being the leader of all these stupid NPCs - I just want to kill or pickpocket everyone not build them stupid water wells

Offline Bomble

« Reply #3220 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:20:59 »
Yeah it's pretty annoying being shoehorned into being the leader of all these stupid NPCs - I just want to kill or pickpocket everyone not build them stupid water wells

I'm only ~10 hours into FO4 since I've got exams to study for most of the time, but couldn't you just stop expanding your settlements after the first one? Or is further expansion mandatory?

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3221 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 21:09:39 »

I'm only ~10 hours into FO4 since I've got exams to study for most of the time, but couldn't you just stop expanding your settlements after the first one? Or is further expansion mandatory?

Holy ****, this is pissing me right off in the game now. You can't really be a lone wanderer when you have to god damn micro manage all the settlements, I'm probably over that part more than most people because without doing the main quest line I've done like ALL of the minutemen quests, I'm like 23 hours in and have pretty much finished that quest line.

This isn't a mobile game, settlements can get lost.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3222 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 04:51:44 »
Some guy posted a massive spoiler disguised as something else over on /r/imgoingtohellforthis

Wanna punch that guy in the face pretty hard

Offline dan002

« Reply #3223 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 09:43:53 »
Heroes of the storm. In the past a lot of games on my nvidia shield.
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3224 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 21:33:06 »
Some guy posted a massive spoiler disguised as something else over on /r/imgoingtohellforthis

Seems like a silly place to lurk at this time, I don't blame you for being angry though. I'm more angry at how terrible the game runs!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3225 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 23:05:52 »

Seems like a silly place to lurk at this time, I don't blame you for being angry though. I'm more angry at how terrible the game runs!

Yah it's making me want to buy new graphics cards and these ones are only a year and a half old :/

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3226 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 23:18:50 »

Yah it's making me want to buy new graphics cards and these ones are only a year and a half old :/

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it man, that's one of the reasons Nvidia came in and gimped everything with Gameworks, they release new drivers to **** older cards and implement demanding proprietary tech not to make the game better but to cripple the competition and make people have a need to buy their newest gen cards.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3227 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 23:42:09 »

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it man, that's one of the reasons Nvidia came in and gimped everything with Gameworks, they release new drivers to **** older cards and implement demanding proprietary tech not to make the game better but to cripple the competition and make people have a need to buy their newest gen cards.

Don't think I will - way too early for an upgrade anyway

Sad truth is though I'm not sure how much longer AMD is going to be around for - they seriously need to step their game up already

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3228 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 00:16:22 »

Don't think I will - way too early for an upgrade anyway

Sad truth is though I'm not sure how much longer AMD is going to be around for - they seriously need to step their game up already

They've just recently won back the market share for graphics, they have a lot up their sleeve with the Zen architecture, I'm not too into them for CPU's but for GPU's they are great!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #3229 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 04:37:05 »

2 games that I actually play every day (if not for just a few minutes) are Spelunky (Steam) and Puzzle and Dragons (Android)
I have been playing both these titles  every day for about the past 2 years. They are like my Solitaire or Minesweeper.
Looking at my leadership board in Spelunky, I’m in awe that you score very well, noisy. I’m trying hard to catch up but it’s disastrous. I’m able to get on to world 4, the icy world, and yet my score is super low. Any tips ?

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #3230 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 16:28:30 »
I'm currently playing CS:GO and L4D2 (mostly L4D2), both on Steam. I also try whichever Indie game that catches my attention.
Playing a bit of Spelunky and The Binding of Isaac aswell (also on Steam).

Sometimes Portal 2 (there's some pretty cool test chambers in the Workshop).

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3231 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 17:28:59 »
I'm currently playing CS:GO and L4D2 (mostly L4D2), both on Steam. I also try whichever Indie game that catches my attention.

Spelunky is one of those games that I don't think I'll ever get bored of. Easy to pick up and play for either a short time or a bit longer, challenging, and sound isn't all that important so listening to music while you play is nice.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #3232 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 17:39:07 »

Spelunky is one of those games that I don't think I'll ever get bored of. Easy to pick up and play for either a short time or a bit longer, challenging, and sound isn't all that important so listening to music while you play is nice.

Yup, spot on my friend. It's one of those gems that is totally worth to try if it goes on sale. I picked it up on sale and haven't regreted it one bit.
I'm a sucker for hard/rogue-like games like this, The Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy, Fenix Rage etc.. even though I not too good at them.  :D

There's something about the almost "retro" style gameplay in Spelunky that makes it a fun game to pick up and play for short periods of time.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3233 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 07:00:56 »
So much Fallout 4 over the last week, 90 hours... no time for other games.

Offline arcvile

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3234 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 10:35:09 »

If you go balls deep into CSGO, have fun never enjoying any other online FPS and the game becomes so rewarding/infuriating at the same time. I've stopped playing everything else online.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3235 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 13:00:59 »
I have been hopping between Civilization 5, Shadows of Mordor, League of Legends, Dirt Rally, Super Meatboy, and Fallout:New Vegas in the last month or so.  I was playing F:NV to get ready for Fallout 4 but I am waiting until the patches come out to pick it up.

I used to be pretty interested in FPS, MMOs, and more RTS games and have played everything ranging from WoW to Runescape to CS:GO to Command and Conquer, but getting married and having kids shuffles your priorities around.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #3236 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 13:38:01 »

If you go balls deep into CSGO, have fun never enjoying any other online FPS and the game becomes so rewarding/infuriating at the same time. I've stopped playing everything else online.

True. I never really get bored of CS:GO and Left 4 Dead 2 (I'm a sucker for zombie shows/films and games...). But I don't play competitive in CS:GO... I'm always hanging in zombie mod, AWP DM, Minigames, Climb etc... that sorta servers. :p
They're nice to hang out and chill after a day of work.

Offline djchup

• i write code
« Reply #3237 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 08:32:54 »
I play mostly cs:go, I hover around smfc/ge and would be glad to play if anyone wants to add me pm me. (US East)

Offline paradox

« Reply #3238 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 18:23:49 »
I got really into Metal Gear Solid V.  It's a bit polarizing as a game series but I'm a big fan and enjoying it a lot.

Offline Homenubbie

« Reply #3239 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 18:48:42 »
MGS series  is fantastically good!

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3240 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 06:06:28 »
Just bought The Witcher 3 on Steam Sale, guess that's gonna take some time!

Offline vegs

« Reply #3241 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 19:08:30 »
Still working on Fallout 4 100%  :cool:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #3242 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 11:06:23 »
I'm trying to learn how to play Quake Live since Halo: TMCC (Halo 2, mostly) died on the Xbox One.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3243 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 17:16:32 »
Anyone participating in the Doom 4 testing this weekend?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3244 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 16:08:31 »
A Wizard's Lizard, that thing's ad****tive. Double so, when exams are just behind the corner.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #3245 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 12:52:17 »
Been playing Far Cry 3 lately. Pretty good game. You just don't see many AAA games with this level of social commentary built into the plot.

It's also the first sandbox style game that I actually have enjoyed. Nothing like roaming from area to area, taking out outposts in style. Not to mention, Vaas is probably one of my favorite game villains.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline cseng

« Reply #3246 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 16:01:02 »
Mainly Dota 2. 6300+ hourse played. Ocassionally some casual TF2.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3247 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 18:01:38 »
CSGO; ESEA S21 starting soon and I'm still crap! Some casual GTAV too with the /r/gtav_cruises guys, super chill bunch.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3248 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 18:07:14 »
Im so bummed that us owners of Elite Dangerous since day 1 only get 25% off of the Elite Dangerous: Horizons DLC... Bull****.. >.<

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3249 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:31:00 »
Well Arkham Knight is an absolute steaming pile of garbage. Batman is now magic with magical powers, you are a ****ing car for what feels like 75% of the game, the combat is still basically a long quicktime event, the "puzzle" designs were undoubtedly designed by syphilis riddled chimps, and HO-LEE **** the plot is so full of holes and convenience you could use the script as a colander. It's so bad, and not in a good way. I am trying to think of another title, but honestly I think Arkham Knight is the worst game I have played in 2015.