Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873978 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3250 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:34:35 »
Well Arkham Knight is an absolute steaming pile of garbage. Batman is now magic with magical powers, you are a ****ing car for what feels like 75% of the game, the combat is still basically a long quicktime event, the "puzzle" designs were undoubtedly designed by syphilis riddled chimps, and HO-LEE **** the plot is so full of holes and convenience you could use the script as a colander. It's so bad, and not in a good way. I am trying to think of another title, but honestly I think Arkham Knight is the worst game I have played in 2015.

Did you play it on PC or console?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3251 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:56:12 »
Well Arkham Knight is an absolute steaming pile of garbage. Batman is now magic with magical powers, you are a ****ing car for what feels like 75% of the game, the combat is still basically a long quicktime event, the "puzzle" designs were undoubtedly designed by syphilis riddled chimps, and HO-LEE **** the plot is so full of holes and convenience you could use the script as a colander. It's so bad, and not in a good way. I am trying to think of another title, but honestly I think Arkham Knight is the worst game I have played in 2015.

Did you play it on PC or console?

Console. XBO.
Bugs aside (and there were numerous bugs) I doubt my opinion would change on a different platform. I still hate the core driving gameplay, script, design, and pacing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:58:13 by noisyturtle »

Offline chancellorr

« Reply #3252 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:54:13 »
I play a lot of CS:GO but I'm total garbage. I also recently got back into Titanfall. Playing a decent amount of Fallout 4.

Offline Cados

« Reply #3253 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:43:19 »
I play Nosgoth a lot haha. Mmm..  Fallout 4, Modded Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Borderlands Series, Bioshock Series and Metro Last Light Redux. I used to play FFXIV AR but that burned me out with all that end game grinding.  :(
Zeal60 - Zealios 78g
HHKB Type 2

Offline Connly33

« Reply #3254 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:13:12 »
A lot of euro truck simulator 2 ( seriously dont knock it until you try it, especially with the multiplayer mod, i have 700 hours in the past few years ....) Kerbal space mission, Project car's, some minecraft with tekit mods, Titanfall, hoping to get rainbow six siege soon. Lately i've gotten back into dying light as well.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline genkidama

« Reply #3255 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 06:26:39 »
I've just recently found Civilization Brave New World and played it till 5am yesterday. Such fun, missed something like this :]
Other than that Apotheon is really great for a 2D indie game, also good story!
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3256 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 08:01:44 »
A lot of euro truck simulator 2 ( seriously dont knock it until you try it, especially with the multiplayer mod, i have 700 hours in the past few years ....) Kerbal space mission, Project car's, some minecraft with tekit mods, Titanfall, hoping to get rainbow six siege soon. Lately i've gotten back into dying light as well.

Damn dude, 700 hours? I like ETS2 but I can't play it for more than a couple of hours at a time. I need to get the multiplayer mod though, that looks like serious fun. Can you just download it off the Steam Workshop or is there a site you need to go to?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3257 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 08:27:32 »
I've just recently found Civilization Brave New World and played it till 5am yesterday. Such fun, missed something like this :]

BNW made Civ 5 better than Civ 4 for me, and with almost 1700 hours logged I urge you to play just one...more...turn.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline chancellorr

« Reply #3258 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 09:33:12 »
We should play some Titanfall. I've been looking for people to play with.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #3259 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 05:44:51 »

BNW made Civ 5 better than Civ 4 for me, and with almost 1700 hours logged I urge you to play just one...more...turn.

I know right, just one more tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn :D very much good, what is social life anyways? :D

Happy New Year guys!
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3260 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 21:59:54 »
Finally played through Bioshock and Infinite as well as Burial At Sea 1 and 2. First two games I've played through in one sitting in a very, very long time.

10/10 Amazing experience. Any suggestions on other games like them?
All the kustom 60s

Offline Altis

« Reply #3261 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 16:56:36 »
I bought Civ 5 a while ago and haven't played it yet. Just seems like a steep learning curve. I spoke with someone recently who did the same.

I mostly play CS:GO, but lately the ranks have made that kind of messed up for competitive, anyway.

Age of Empires 2 recently got an expansion pack that's pretty cool -- mostly just amazing that game is still being supported after all these years.

If you want to try something rather unique and less time-consuming or time-constrained, take a look at Frozen Synapse. It's a turn-based real-time strategy where you give your units 5 seconds worth of very specific commands, then see how it plays out. Very fun, easy to dabble in and play over the course of several days with friends, and the soundtrack is excellent.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3262 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:02:47 »
Finished Grey Goo and it's DLC (3 missions) recently. Petroglpyh games is made up of former Westwood employees that left after EA took over. Pretty enjoyable game on Hard. The resource system reminds me of a hybrid of C&C and Total Annihilation.. the game almost makes me want to get back into multiplayer RTS, but not quite.

Also finished Toren, which was incredibly short. Think I played through it twice in four hours.

Finally getting around to playing Legend of Grimrock. Pretty interesting take on the old classic rpg style of ala Eye of the Beholder.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3263 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:00:10 »
Am I the only one who is still "stuck" playing Skyrim 5 years later?  :))
I have all these fresh new games to play but I always just go back to killing dragons and punching guards.
-Dana

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3264 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 18:33:29 »
I have all these fresh new games to play but I always just go back to killing dragons and punching guards.

I think there are more of those people than you imagine

Thomas the tank engine mod ftw

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3265 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 19:13:50 »

I think there are more of those people than you imagine

Thomas the tank engine mod ftw

;D haha yeah that was a hilarious one. I probably spend way too much time modding and tweaking compared to playing.
-Dana

Offline Altis

« Reply #3266 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 22:48:50 »

Skyrim is still such a great game. It's one of those games I haven't fully explored; I only ever dabble in it a few days. So it's still kind of like a new game to me, in a sense.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3267 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 07:38:34 »
Right now I'm focused on Dark Souls II (and dying to see more from Dark Souls III). However, I've got several other games I need to get to, such as Far Cry 4, Witcher 3, several Resident Evil games (from a Humble Bundle), and more.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3268 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:01:35 »
Right now I'm focused on Dark Souls II (and dying to see more from Dark Souls III). However, I've got several other games I need to get to, such as Far Cry 4, Witcher 3, several Resident Evil games (from a Humble Bundle), and more.

I've had DSII sitting in my Steam account forever, I told myself I'd play it after Dark Souls 1 to get into the world and get the gist of things, well that never happened. I should probably give it a try, how are you finding it? Did you play 1?
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3269 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:07:51 »

I've had DSII sitting in my Steam account forever, I told myself I'd play it after Dark Souls 1 to get into the world and get the gist of things, well that never happened. I should probably give it a try, how are you finding it? Did you play 1?

I played the first one on the Xbox 360 (when it was free; Games with Gold). I really loved it. I am finding that this second one is just as entertaining, and connecting to people for summons is a whole lot easier. Not only that, but you can summon three friendly phantoms into your game so my friends and I have all been playing together. It's a blast.

Let me know if you're interested in starting it up. I'm always looking for people to play with.

Oh, and just like with Dark Souls I expect to die a bit. It's just the nature of the game. XD

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3270 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:10:45 »
Been playing a lot of Terraria with some friends.

I really thought I would be over it after an hour or two of playing - but it really is quite fun.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3271 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:13:47 »

I played the first one on the Xbox 360 (when it was free; Games with Gold). I really loved it. I am finding that this second one is just as entertaining, and connecting to people for summons is a whole lot easier. Not only that, but you can summon three friendly phantoms into your game so my friends and I have all been playing together. It's a blast.

Let me know if you're interested in starting it up. I'm always looking for people to play with.

Oh, and just like with Dark Souls I expect to die a bit. It's just the nature of the game. XD

Yeah I ****ed up, I died heaps and then figured I would try to progress by rushing things and ended up too far in and too weak :s

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3272 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:24:34 »

Yeah I ****ed up, I died heaps and then figured I would try to progress by rushing things and ended up too far in and too weak :s

No such thing! After beating the first game once I went ahead and played through again with a new character. I stayed at soul level 8 the whole time (in order to make ganking easier once I finished :D).

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3273 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 16:01:04 »
Has anyone played any point and click games? Like where its a story and you kinda click around a screen 'investigating' things or figuring out puzzles and stuff? My wife loved that game 'Grey Matter' but i cant seem to find anything similar that she likes.
-Dana

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3274 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:27:02 »

No such thing! After beating the first game once I went ahead and played through again with a new character. I stayed at soul level 8 the whole time (in order to make ganking easier once I finished :D).

I am also **** and have a small amount of patience when I game ha.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3275 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:36:16 »
Has anyone played any point and click games? Like where its a story and you kinda click around a screen 'investigating' things or figuring out puzzles and stuff? My wife loved that game 'Grey Matter' but i cant seem to find anything similar that she likes.

http://dott.doublefine.com

Still love it to this day.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #3276 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:45:22 »
JC3. I even figured out how to fix the crashes! (Because nobody on the internet has a guide yet I did it myself) Right click justcause3.exe and set compatability mode to win xp sp2. I have almost 12 hours in it in 2 days. So good. It's like saints row and grand theft auto's child on steroids. No more needs to be said.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3277 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 01:04:10 »

http://dott.doublefine.com

Still love it to this day.

cool, i'll take a look. Thanks! :thumb:
-Dana

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3278 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:17:09 »

I love The Neverhood, which is a point and click game.  It's Claymation from the late 90s, so it may look a bit dated (and doesn't run all that well on modern machines, so VM for sure), but man is that game solid.  :D

The developers of The Neverhood just released a new game this past year, Armikrog, which is done in a similar styling.  Unfortunately I am still waiting for my copy to arrive, so I can't comment on how the game is.  :|

And for reference, the guy who made both of these games also created Earthworm Jim.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3279 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:10:54 »

I love The Neverhood, which is a point and click game.  It's Claymation from the late 90s, so it may look a bit dated (and doesn't run all that well on modern machines, so VM for sure), but man is that game solid.  :D

The developers of The Neverhood just released a new game this past year, Armikrog, which is done in a similar styling.  Unfortunately I am still waiting for my copy to arrive, so I can't comment on how the game is.  :|

And for reference, the guy who made both of these games also created Earthworm Jim.

Interesting. I watched the reviews on youtube. I'll bet Tim Burton plays this:
-Dana

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #3280 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 03:49:37 »
woot.  diablo 3 season 5 starts on 1/15.  i hope i can scrounge up some time to play.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3281 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 04:36:14 »
ESEA S21 starts next week :-\

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3282 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:47:39 »
woot.  diablo 3 season 5 starts on 1/15.  i hope i can scrounge up some time to play.

Yeee I will be trying to get on too!

Offline dan002

« Reply #3283 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:20:20 »
Mostly Heroes of the Storm on US NA. PM me group up sometime and have fun.
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3284 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 11:06:29 »
CSGO and The Long Dark early access.

Im hoping to get Rocket League soon!

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #3285 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 11:14:18 »
Diablo 3 Season 5 tomorrow ;D

Offline Pdub

« Reply #3286 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 19:10:29 »

PM your steam name? We should play Civ BNW sometime!

Offline Connly33

« Reply #3287 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 22:09:26 »

Damn dude, 700 hours? I like ETS2 but I can't play it for more than a couple of hours at a time. I need to get the multiplayer mod though, that looks like serious fun. Can you just download it off the Steam Workshop or is there a site you need to go to?

I may be overestimating by 100 hours ish, but i know its at least 500 to 600, between my few accounts, to be honest i first started playing on a pirated version a few months after it came out, and i played that quite regularly, only a couple hours at a time but nearly every day, it was my main way of killing time and procrastinating with school work untill senior year when i had to stop for awhile. Occasionally i'd do 5-6 straight hours. But a couple years ago i finally got it on steam along with all of the DLC.

We should play some Titanfall. I've been looking for people to play with.

Id be up for it sometime, even though i'm not the best i like to play it a couple times a week when i get the chance to kill time.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2016, 22:12:09 by Connly33 »

Offline Connly33

« Reply #3288 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 22:47:14 »

Forgot to answer your question, you have to go to the mods website, you just make an account to verify you own the game on steam then you download the mod installer, they update the mod very frequently with nearly every euro truck steam update. And it's really well done.

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #3289 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 21:23:17 »
I've been playing this little game called Realm of the Mad God. Pretty addicting loot system. It's kept me entertained for a while now.
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3290 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 21:25:39 »
Friend bought me GTA V for Xmas so I've been playing mainly single player but a little GTA Online, pretty fun so far.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3291 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 09:13:48 »
I play League of Legends with a couple friends and I recently picked up Minecraft again. Don't have a lot of time for anything else. Played some Just Cause 3 which was fun but got stale after a couple hours.
pls gief bbv2

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3292 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 20:40:41 »
I've been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Siege with friends lately.  It's pretty fun when the servers aren't being absolute garbage.  Also, UPlay sucks.  I'll get back to league soon though.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3293 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 20:43:50 »
I've been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Siege with friends lately.  It's pretty fun when the servers aren't being absolute garbage.  Also, UPlay sucks.  I'll get back to league soon though.

I've been playing it a lot too, the game is fun but I agree that the servers and UPlay are complete and utter trash.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3294 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 21:04:10 »
So. Much. D3.  :-X

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3295 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 21:15:10 »

So. Much. D3.  :-X

Carry me daddy. I just came back to this game.

Ursus#6977
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3296 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 03:15:13 »
mostly been playing rocket league, csgo (just gun game), and hearthstone

i did play all eps of the kind-of-game Life is Strange over the weekend, i didnt realize that game would hit a nerve, the correct ending made me cry, tears and all and im a 6'1" 315lb man and im admitting that to everyone on geekhack i cried, first time something on screen has done that in a long long time. i dont think everyone reacted that way to the ending but for me it struck a nerve. and this is a game where you play a 18 year old spoiled hipster girl, and im 31 year old male. strange the way these emotion things work.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3297 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 04:10:08 »
Shameless plug, but ESEA S21 starts next week. Here's the team page: https://play.esea.net/teams/113092

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3298 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 11:50:22 »
I'm back hitting the Civ V crack pipe after I downloaded about 30 new Civs from the Steam Workshop.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3299 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 15:51:46 »
I'm back hitting the Civ V crack pipe after I downloaded about 30 new Civs from the Steam Workshop.

Noooooooooo, why did I just read this...  :|