Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873982 times)

Offline Pdub

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3300 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 15:58:28 »

I'm back hitting the Civ V crack pipe after I downloaded about 30 new Civs from the Steam Workshop.

Noooooooooo, why did I just read this...  :|

We should get a GH game going.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #3301 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 15:58:51 »

I'm back hitting the Civ V crack pipe after I downloaded about 30 new Civs from the Steam Workshop.
Hope you got it from the humble bundle.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3302 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 16:43:26 »

Come on Hoff, it's just a couple turns, you can stop whenever you want!

We should get a GH game going.

I would be interested, problem is coordinating a time where everyone is free.  With tax season rapidly approaching my time window is almost gone in a week.

Hope you got it from the humble bundle.

I've had it since a little after release, although I did buy a copy from the humble bundle for a friend.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3303 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 17:53:22 »

My support group told me this is what you'd say.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3304 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 19:49:32 »

My support group told me this is what you'd say.

I offer more turns everyday, they offer coins once a year.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3305 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 20:44:53 »
every time i play civ v i remember how bad i am in it, and how quickly i'd turn on my people.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3306 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 20:59:40 »
every time i play civ v i remember how bad i am in it, and how quickly i'd turn on my people.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3307 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:06:48 »

Show Image

LOL that's hilarious.

And I think demik prefers to war.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3308 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:26:25 »
Currently on my 3rd play through of Undertale. Boy howdy what a wonderful little game, and thanks to Lurch and GSWB for bringing that joy into my life.

Is it possible to fall in love with a form of digital media?  :-X

Offline mauri

« Reply #3309 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 14:40:21 »
Boob and Soul (blade and soul) just got launched, any of ya'll playing it? Definitely gonna try it once I get my computer together.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3310 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:38:24 »
Did anyone play ToonTown Online?

I'm Playing ToonTown Rewritten and I'm overdosing on nostalgia at the moment. It's glorious.

Link for anyone curious: https://www.toontownrewritten.com/

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3311 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 12:06:23 »
So are the first races in career mode in Assetto Corsa supposed to be impossible to win? I win all the time trials, but all my opponents while racing just seem to have substantially faster cars. I've even tried messing with **** like tire pressure.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3312 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 12:39:36 »
So are the first races in career mode in Assetto Corsa supposed to be impossible to win? I win all the time trials, but all my opponents while racing just seem to have substantially faster cars. I've even tried messing with **** like tire pressure.

AC can be brutal, but the cool thing about it is you can check there lap times, how do yours compare?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3313 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 12:53:46 »

AC can be brutal, but the cool thing about it is you can check there lap times, how do yours compare?
Well, in the very first 3 lap race with the Fiat, I was +8.8, +0.535, and I guess "-" is the quickest lap? Overall +10.4. But it's most evident on long straights that their cars at least accelerate substantially faster. I can keep up through turns, but I always lose some sort of ground afterwards

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3314 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:08:14 »

Well, in the very first 3 lap race with the Fiat, I was +8.8, +0.535, and I guess "-" is the quickest lap? Overall +10.4. But it's most evident on long straights that their cars at least accelerate substantially faster. I can keep up through turns, but I always lose some sort of ground afterwards

I started the career ages and ages ago before p-cars came out but I don't remember having too many issues early on, but being almost 9 seconds slower than the AI on lap one is an issue haha what are you racing against and what car are you using exactally?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3315 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:13:52 »

I started the career ages and ages ago before p-cars came out but I don't remember having too many issues early on, but being almost 9 seconds slower than the AI on lap one is an issue haha what are you racing against and what car are you using exactally?
Fiat 500 Abarth against all the same.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3316 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:14:31 »

are you using any driving aids? traction control could be ****ing you on the exit of the corner onto the straights...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3317 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:16:36 »

are you using any driving aids? traction control could be ****ing you on the exit of the corner onto the straights...
Traction control is on, yea. So try it off or factory?
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:19:49 by hwood34 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3318 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:19:59 »

Traction control is on, yea. So try it off?

Yeah i would (off), are you using a controller?
With PCars and AC with a controller I would recommend all aids off, bar ABS and the racing line. ABS because it is real hard to feather both the break and throttle with the triggers on a controller, ABS gives you a bit of a break in the breaking zones and you loose basically no time using it in the breaking zones and the racing line because it gives you an idea for the breaking zones for different cars on different tracks and gives you extra visual references in bland looking sim racing games.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3319 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:21:08 »

With PCars and AC with a controller I would recommend all aids off, bar ABS and the racing line. ABS because it is real hard to feather both the break and throttle with the triggers on a controller, ABS gives you a bit of a break in the breaking zones and you loose basically no time using it in the breaking zones and the racing line because it gives you an idea for the breaking zones for different cars on different tracks and gives you extra visual references in bland looking sim racing games.

I'm actually using a wheel right now (DFGT). But I'll still try traction control and stuff off then.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3320 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:23:07 »

I'm actually using a wheel right now (DFGT). But I'll still try traction control and stuff off then.

high rolla!
Yeah if you have peddles you should drive with everything off, though if you struggle with locking your breaks you can turn ABS on and you won't get any penalty compared to the AI.
If you ever wana race or chill with an online lobby learning tracks or what ever holla at me, I've not played it in months but I'm always down for a session

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3321 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:24:31 »
high rolla!
Yeah if you have peddles you should drive with everything off, though if you struggle with locking your breaks you can turn ABS on and you won't get any penalty compared to the AI.
If you ever wana race or chill with an online lobby learning tracks or what ever holla at me, I've not played it in months but I'm always down for a session

Oh alright dope. I'm still getting the hang of this game, but I'll totally hit you up if I got some free time :thumb:

Too bad I already have to return the wheel cause the shifter is broken and it smells like ****
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:26:37 by hwood34 »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3322 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:25:33 »
I'm finally playing through Super Meat Boy. :thumb:

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #3323 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:40:36 »
I am looking for a game that I can play on my off time.

I cant play shooters any more, they make me sick. way to much motion.

I don't want to pick up WOW again. Already has too much of my life consumed in it.

I play League but lose interest after a couple games.

I am stuck with maybe starting up RuneScape like I did in 2003 o.o

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3324 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:42:00 »

I don't want to pick up WOW again. Already has too much of my life consumed in it.

Why no Civ?

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #3325 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:43:58 »

Why no Civ?
I played the **** out of Age Of Empires when it first came out.

Is it almost like that?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3326 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:49:49 »
Rocket League is pretty fun.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #3327 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:52:04 »

Why no Civ?

Is it almost like that?
Basically my childhood right there ^
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline BLaZe

« Reply #3328 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:55:07 »

Why no Civ?

Is it almost like that?
Basically my childhood right there ^

Not really, Civ is turn per turn strategy game, while AoE is a real time strategy game. Civ 5 is great imo. If you want another RTS give a shot to Starcraft 2

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3329 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:56:12 »

Why no Civ?

Is it almost like that?

AoE 2:Age of Kings ruled my life when I was younger.  Civ is similar to Age of Empires in theme but it's turn based instead of real time like AoE.

Edit: Make sure if you're going to get Civ V that you get the two expansions; Gods and Kings and Brave New World.  Without them it's rather meh
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:57:45 by Waateva »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3330 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:56:57 »
Why no Civ?

Is it almost like that?

Not quite.  AoE is real time strategy, Civ is turn based.  And RTS tends to focus more on units/fighting than turn based, in my experience.  Civ will focus more on the progression through technological ages, etc.  At least that's how I would generalize them in two sentences.  ^-^  Civ is super addicting tho, that's for sure.

Offline JonnyPolygon

• Mechanical keyboard masterrace
« Reply #3331 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:58:30 »
Insurgency! Best game yet

Ducky Shine | i7 GTX 980ti | Top 9 best mechanical keyboards

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3332 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:00:46 »
Why no Civ?

Is it almost like that?

Not quite.  AoE is real time strategy, Civ is turn based.  And RTS tends to focus more on units/fighting than turn based, in my experience.  Civ will focus more on the progression through technological ages, etc.  At least that's how I would generalize them in two sentences.  ^-^  Civ is super addicting tho, that's for sure.

Sometimes when I'm feeling dangerous I will start a game of Civ V 15 minutes before I have to leave to go somewhere.  My wife says she really enjoys it when I decide to do that.

Offline BLaZe

« Reply #3333 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:03:14 »
Civ games are also pretty long, I didn't test the multiplayer, I only fought vs computer so I don't really know the game lenght of a civ multiplayer game. And also you can have Civ 5 for cheap during steam sales. Highly recommened, Sc2 too.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3334 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:05:56 »
Why no Civ?

Is it almost like that?

Sometimes when I'm feeling dangerous I will start a game of Civ V 15 minutes before I have to leave to go somewhere.  My wife says she really enjoys it when I decide to do that.

That's just asking for trouble.  :eek:

Civ games are also pretty long, I didn't test the multiplayer, I only fought vs computer so I don't really know the game lenght of a civ multiplayer game. And also you can have Civ 5 for cheap during steam sales. Highly recommened, Sc2 too.

Multiplayer takes a real long time because you have to wait for people.  And if you get in a war with a human it takes FOREVER.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3335 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:10:05 »
Starting "The Last of Us" remastered on PS4 this weekend.

Die weekend, die.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:32:57 by Vittra »
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #3336 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:25:13 »
finally picked up Rocket League, so much fun  :thumb:

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #3337 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:01:46 »
Guess I am picking up civ then.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3338 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:14:09 »

Yes yes, let the turns commence!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3339 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:41:20 »

One of the few games that I will play for a longer duration after winning than before.  :confused:

:thumb:

Hope ya like it, Bromono!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3340 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 15:42:45 »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3341 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:18:09 »

One of the few games that I will play for a longer duration after winning than before.  :confused:

Wow, really?  I find I only finish maybe one game for every ten games I start, as once it hits modern/atomic era I start to get bored and either start a new game or never reload the save.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3342 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:22:25 »
all this AC talk made me think of this;

god damnit I want this so much

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #3343 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:30:36 »
Rocket League

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3344 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:32:06 »
all this AC talk made me think of this;

god damnit I want this so much

damn...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3345 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 16:44:58 »

Wow, really?  I find I only finish maybe one game for every ten games I start, as once it hits modern/atomic era I start to get bored and either start a new game or never reload the save.

I should clarify.  Like you, I often don't finish games (especially if more than a few weeks passes between sessions).  But sometimes it's fun to play on an easier setting than I usually do, roast the competition, and keep playing and try to get all victory types before getting bored.  :P  That's moreso what I'm talking about.  :))

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3346 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 17:37:34 »

I should clarify.  Like you, I often don't finish games (especially if more than a few weeks passes between sessions).  But sometimes it's fun to play on an easier setting than I usually do, roast the competition, and keep playing and try to get all victory types before getting bored.  :P  That's moreso what I'm talking about.  :))

Oh okay, we're on the same page now :)

Do you mod heavily or mainly play without them?  I just started downloading mods and have stuck to just new Civs, but some of the other stuff is tempting as well.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3347 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 18:36:32 »
PC Gaming is glorious

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3348 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 00:32:29 »
PC Gaming is glorious

Show Image

LMFAO. Driving a bus round Spa would be scary as ****.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline xJudas

« Reply #3349 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 00:36:17 »
I'm finally playing through Super Meat Boy. :thumb:

Best part about that game is after you cleared the level and say to youself, "Did I really die that many times..?  :confused:"