Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873963 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3400 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 18:45:31 »
Do consoles count or only PC master race?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3401 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 18:58:25 »
Just started playing hearthstone for the second time (I played it for like 15 minutes the first time)

I can't believe how much I suck. Tp4, let me have some of your Über tips and trick pls.

Spend lots of money and get all the good cards. ;)
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Pdub

« Reply #3402 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 19:06:29 »
Just started playing hearthstone for the second time (I played it for like 15 minutes the first time)

I can't believe how much I suck. Tp4, let me have some of your Über tips and trick pls.

Spend lots of money and get all the good cards. ;)

BUY ALL THE CARDS! Break them down into dust. Make all the GOOD cards!

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3403 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 05:14:50 »
Been still playing Dota 2, getting pretty pissed off with this quests bull**** though, some of them are fun and others are just frustratingly unfortunate to the point that you can't do them without sabotaging the game.

I'm going to really knuckle down and play Dota next week and plow through some of these quests. Which ones are you finding frustrating?

Sorry for the late acknowledgement man, Tapatalk removed the notification. There are just a few that are really annoying to do when you are focusing on it specifically, the fact that you need the quest active is what causes the frustration haha, I helped another guy on the other team fulfill his warding quest by placing an Obs outside of base and letting him know to deward, he tipped me, all good!

Tipping? wtf  :confused:

Yeah dude, you can tip BP if you win the game, you should do it because if you tip 10 times you get 1000 BP, so a 500BP net gain.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3404 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 08:50:58 »
Finished Just Cause 3 today. Overall very enjoyable game, even though there's some annoying bugs.
pls gief bbv2

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3405 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 08:54:06 »
Finished Just Cause 3 today. Overall very enjoyable game, even though there's some annoying bugs.

Is it MGSV good? Is it like.. original buying price good?

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3406 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:04:07 »

Have not played MGSV so can't judge. I like that the game doesn't take itself seriously. It's very forgiving and "easy". I mean, fall from a helicopter, slingshot to the ground and you're fine. Without using a parachute? Sure, why not...

Overall, I had a lot of fun and laughs playing the game. There seems to be some replay value being able to recapture settlements etc with your newly gathered weapons. After you grinded some challenges for some upgrades, it's a lot of fun just ****ing around.
pls gief bbv2

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3407 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:08:07 »

Have not played MGSV so can't judge. I like that the game doesn't take itself seriously. It's very forgiving and "easy". I mean, fall from a helicopter, slingshot to the ground and you're fine. Without using a parachute? Sure, why not...

Overall, I had a lot of fun and laughs playing the game. There seems to be some replay value being able to recapture settlements etc with your newly gathered weapons. After you grinded some challenges for some upgrades, it's a lot of fun just ****ing around.

Cool.. sounds like FarCry 4 on steroids. I've played through all of FC4 but after its main and side missions its not so fun anymore. Yes, you can go explore but there is not so much to do. Who cares for the 100th letter or the 60th mani wheel in some place that looks almost exactly the same as the previous "undiscovered" location?

Offline arcvile

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3408 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:02:12 »
Anyone floating around here play Warframe?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3409 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:03:57 »

I used to, but never had enough time to commit to it. Also not a fan of the pay-to-win sort of games.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3410 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:05:52 »

I used to, but never had enough time to commit to it. Also not a fan of the pay-to-win sort of games.
It is pay to win?  I've played it for maybe five hours total, if it is I'll just stop.   :-[

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3411 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:10:20 »

It is pay to win?  I've played it for maybe five hours total, if it is I'll just stop.   :-[

Well, no, that's not fair of me to say. It's pay-to-win-faster. It's a long grind, basically, and those who pay can do everything sooner.

For example, to make certain items you put them in your forge. Depending on the rarity of the item, you then have to wait either a couple of hours or several days for it to be ready. You can pay to remove that timer though.

Drop chances for certain armor sets are extremely low (not even the sets, but the components to make the sets), or you can buy them in the in-game store.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3412 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:59:26 »

Well, no, that's not fair of me to say. It's pay-to-win-faster. It's a long grind, basically, and those who pay can do everything sooner.

For example, to make certain items you put them in your forge. Depending on the rarity of the item, you then have to wait either a couple of hours or several days for it to be ready. You can pay to remove that timer though.

Drop chances for certain armor sets are extremely low (not even the sets, but the components to make the sets), or you can buy them in the in-game store.

While I don't care for pay-to-win on a lot of games, on games that involve long and tedious grinds I sometimes will let them slide.  The reason being is that for me personally, I don't have a ton of time to game anymore, and so if I can avoid grinding something for 15-20 hours by just paying $3-5, I will take that option as I consider my time worth more than $0.25 an hour.  Even if that amount goes up to maybe $10, I can still stomach it but some of these games are getting super greedy and wanting $30-40 per transaction and at that point I just won't play the game.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3413 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:37:10 »

I played a WoW clone that required months of instance grinding. I don't know if I have the patience for the grind anymore. So far Tera has been the most rewarding free to play style game for me. From what I remember, in Tera the catch is if you want shiny gear, or for me it was seeing those creepy little Elins. Thanks for the 'heads up'

Offline GwenAlli

« Reply #3414 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:59:12 »
Just finished playing Saints Row IV... what an absolutely ridiculous game.
It is completely over the top and it plays like insanity, but in the best of ways. ;D

It's super cheap nowadays and is well worth the ~$8 USD on sale.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #3415 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 16:10:56 »
Anyone play Star Wars Battlefront? Been on that quite a bit lately and Shadows of Mordor!

Offline GwenAlli

« Reply #3416 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 16:21:09 »
Anyone play Star Wars Battlefront? Been on that quite a bit lately and Shadows of Mordor!

Shadow of Mordor is super fun! I have the most fun crafting a lowly grunt into a warchief, and then assassinating them. Lol.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #3417 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 16:54:53 »

Shadow of Mordor is super fun! I have the most fun crafting a lowly grunt into a warchief, and then assassinating them. Lol.

It is a very fun game for sure, just got my new Acer X34 and it is amazing! Wide view and killing Orcs is always a good time hahaha.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3418 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 02:44:53 »
Was playing The Witness, turns out I'm too stupid for this game. Gone though every area I have access too, trying to solve puzzles. Now every single puzzle is a dead end and there is nothing for me to do except stair blankly at puzzles I can't solve and have no idea how to solve.

4/10

I played it for about 4 hours before I started to make real progress. If the puzzle has pieces that don't make sense and it's not simple as hell it means that you need to come back to it later. Each puzzle type has a 'tutorial' area which takes you through the rules step by step. Find the boat and make your way to the treehouse section (north-east) to learn how the coloured star pieces work. These are in different areas (like the Quarry), but make no sense. Some areas, like the hub/village area with the windmill (for example) require you to have done almost all the other areas first.

The lack of 'you need to come back to this later' hints are the biggest flaw for me. But, it would ruin some of the eureka moments.

But... if you don't have patience this game will utterly suck!

I'm stuck in the tree tops at one section, am stuck in the middle of a section in the tree's with one of the shadow maze's, stuck in one of the castle maze puzzle's, stuck in the house/bunker thing in the cliffs... and non of the other puzzles make sense to me...

rip
RIP in puzzles.

Look up a walk through guide to help you advance in one area though. Better than giving up!

Whats the point in that though? It's just cheating... I'm going to try and go back to it in a few days, if I can't figure it out I'll just uninstall it. If I have to cheat at this early stage then I'll have to continue to do that throughout the game, which seems like a waste of time.
I guess. There are guides that give tips before they give the solutions and in a few of the shadow puzzles I needed pointing in the right direction then the rest of the zone was a breeze. Due to there being no tutorials you could be feeling like a dumbass but in reality it's just that you missed a subtlety of the rule set.

got back on it, finished a bunch more puzzles and then got stuck on some more... progress.....

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3419 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 09:57:55 »
Does anyone have good lan party recommendations? Seems like every game me and my friends would want to play has no Local Play.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3420 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 10:13:50 »
You'd have to give examples of what you guys actually want to play.

Awesomenauts, Risk of Rain, Hammerwatch, Rocket League all come to mind.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3421 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 10:42:36 »

We play a lot of TF2, CS, Armagettron, some mobas, really kind of anything.

Also rocket league doesn't have lan mode, but I'll check out the others. I've played awesomenauts and enjoyed it, that might be a good idea.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3422 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:07:06 »
Yeah, I mentioned stuff with actual local coop (same machine), but most have multiplayer lan too.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #3423 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:56:33 »

Also rocket league doesn't have lan mode, but I'll check out the others. I've played awesomenauts and enjoyed it, that might be a good idea.

I'll second Risk of Rain. Lot of fun. Also, Dungeon of the Endless. Both are only 4 player though.

For Rocket League, a ghetto fix you can do if your computer can handle it, is to mess with the config file resolution and set to borderless. So for example; when I play with a friend in co-op mode I change the resolution to span two complete monitors rather than split the one screen. then both people get an entire screen to play on. I think there's also an app out there that does the same thing, but I can't remember the name of it right now. If you have the XBOX wireless adapter thing, I think it handles up to 8 controllers for 4v4 mode or you can do 2 machines with 4 each and make an online private match.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3424 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 12:39:34 »

I'll second Risk of Rain. Lot of fun. Also, Dungeon of the Endless. Both are only 4 player though.

For Rocket League, a ghetto fix you can do if your computer can handle it, is to mess with the config file resolution and set to borderless. So for example; when I play with a friend in co-op mode I change the resolution to span two complete monitors rather than split the one screen. then both people get an entire screen to play on. I think there's also an app out there that does the same thing, but I can't remember the name of it right now. If you have the XBOX wireless adapter thing, I think it handles up to 8 controllers for 4v4 mode or you can do 2 machines with 4 each and make an online private match.

Yeah I think the issue is setup/screen size ultimately, along with not having that many controllers to set up.

Risk of Rain I think my friends have played, but as its only four player its not great for us. We usually have upwards of 10-20 people at our parties.

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #3425 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:23:35 »

Yeah I think the issue is setup/screen size ultimately, along with not having that many controllers to set up.

Risk of Rain I think my friends have played, but as its only four player its not great for us. We usually have upwards of 10-20 people at our parties.

One thing we've done that is surprisingly fun for a bunch of people is Typing of the Dead. Since you guys all have keyboards you can plug into a USB hub and do a team battle. So we did I think 8v8 in the office once and you alternate who's turn it is to type like a relay. Only takes 2 computers and 2 monitors. Just need the room to sit everyone around them.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3426 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:27:26 »
Might substitute for type to learn but I love this idea

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3427 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:29:25 »
I've been playing Naval Action a bit lately. Super fun open world sailing and battle game.
-Dana

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3428 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:18:53 »
Typespeed aww dyess

Offline gain

« Reply #3429 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 23:04:29 »
xcom 2

It's pretty good so far, about 5 hours in. My memories of enemy unknown aren't too sharp right now so I cannot say if it is better or worse.. But so far I'm really enjoying it  :thumb:

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3430 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 07:01:23 »
Ugh, I need to start applying for some jobs soon. I can't take much longer of playing on a horrible pc.

Running WoW at 25-30fps on low makes me sob at night.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3431 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:05:15 »
Played Path of Exile the last couple nights, might start a new char if anyone is interested.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #3432 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 13:38:46 »
Played Path of Exile the last couple nights, might start a new char if anyone is interested.

Free game you say?! I am downloading right now!!!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3433 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 13:54:16 »

Free game you say?! I am downloading right now!!!

It is what D3 should've been, pretty fun.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3434 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 14:09:25 »
It's actually what a proper F2P format game should be, too. Great game all around. That and Grim Dawn are my favourites in that genre these days.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3435 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 14:13:13 »
An action RPG without Elins? For real? I'll check this out

Offline Alline Cliff

« Reply #3436 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 05:21:39 »
I'm a bit hooked with playing The Sims. Just love it so much. Can't stop really! :-)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3437 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 17:27:41 »
I'm a filthy casual blizzard player. Until Mass Effect 4.

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #3438 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:20:47 »
I started playing Hand Of Fate recently. It is very different I like it so far the brawler aspect leaves something to be desired but the card part is pretty neat. I wanna pick up Darkest Dungeons on the Steam sale has anyone played/recommended it?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3439 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:01:43 »
I tried Path of Exile out a few days ago. I should have known it was click to move play style  :-[

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3440 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:30:59 »
I tried Path of Exile out a few days ago. I should have known it was click to move play style  :-[

Clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3441 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:56:55 »
Just bought Bioshock 1 and Fallout classic pack, which one first?  Have not played either series.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Pdub

« Reply #3442 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:44:23 »
Does anyone play PayDay 2? I have all the expansions.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3443 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 23:32:09 »

I use to play that all the time with my friends, stopped before any expansions came out though.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3444 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 01:40:26 »

a few friends told me that overkill ruined it with the microtransactions

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3445 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 08:03:50 »
FAR CRY PRIMAL IS ALMOST HERE.

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #3446 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 10:24:02 »
Just bought Bioshock 1 and Fallout classic pack, which one first?  Have not played either series.

Bioshock. You can finish in 10-20 hours, be satisfied and then move to the FO pack which will probably be 100ish hours. Both are great though.

Offline skitty

« Reply #3447 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 12:05:57 »

What is Fallout classic pack? Is it a few of the older Fallout games?

Bioshock 1 is great and it doesn't take too long to get through so I'd recommend playing that one first.

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #3448 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 12:40:19 »

Are you sure you have all the expansions? They probably released 3 since you posted that...
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3449 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 14:30:41 »

What is Fallout classic pack? Is it a few of the older Fallout games?

Bioshock 1 is great and it doesn't take too long to get through so I'd recommend playing that one first.
The classic pack is FO1, FO2, and FO Tactics
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich