Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873978 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3550 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 18:28:56 »
Playing in my first LAN/tournament next week in csgo... Hyped.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3551 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:14:18 »
Played Sniper Elite 3 for a bit. For one thing, the minimum sens is still pretty high. And why the hell does it show the exact bullet trajectory with empty lung? That takes half the work out of a game.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Rad

« Reply #3552 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 18:36:21 »
I hop on Diablo 2 every now and then.

Offline zearoh

« Reply #3553 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 09:19:12 »
Just got Stardew Valley gifted by a friend, guess I'll see what the hype is about.

I've only put in about 10 hours into Stardew Valley but let me tell you, its an amazing game!
I picked it up last week and I love it! It's scratching all the right places for my Harvest Moon/Rune Factory itch. The music is quite charming as well.

Other than that I've been playing Dark Souls in preparation for DS3, XCOM 2, and a bit of TF2... Mainly Stardew Valley though :D

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #3554 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 18:58:41 »
I'm still hung up on Stardew Valley. I just have to harvest those cranberries!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3555 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 23:27:44 »
I've been playing an unhealthy amount of Mario 64 lately. The tiny little Nintendo DS buttons make it 100% more difficult  :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3556 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 01:10:13 »
Played through Splatterhouse 2 and 3 on the Genesis over the weekend.
Really fun series, always loved the over-the-top gore and imagery and how the enemies gradually get dismembered and pulpy as you beat on them.
And the music is really solid for a game of it's time. There are some tracks that are actually creepy.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3557 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 10:26:48 »
I've been having some issues with my Skyrim install and it crashing with mods in win10. The wife made me some work decoration to feed my addiction lol
-Dana

Offline JDo

« Reply #3558 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 11:58:22 »
The Division is pretty nice from what I've been playing through so far. The DZ area is quite intense sometimes.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3559 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 14:22:19 »
The Division is pretty nice from what I've been playing through so far. The DZ area is quite intense sometimes.

agreed, though at lower levels you get kicked from groups quite a bit, making matchmaking an exercise in frustration.  I think I'd be enjoying it a lot more if I had friends to group with.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #3560 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 16:11:06 »
Right now I'm really enjoying Rocket League. Can't wait for the multi platform cross play.
Biking is fun.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3561 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 07:42:09 »
Finally getting around to MGS V

Goodbye life

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3562 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 06:26:41 »
doto 2 lyfe

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3563 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 07:32:22 »
doto 2 lyfe

Yissssss. I'm gonna doto my ass off next week.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3564 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 07:34:27 »
Finally getting around to MGS V

Goodbye life

It rules. It has a particular feel to it like GoldenEye had on the N64. The musics... the environment.. the menus.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3565 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:58:12 »
doto 2 lyfe

Yissssss. I'm gonna doto my ass off next week.
yeeee gl with games bruh

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3566 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:58:35 »
The Division!!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #3567 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 21:12:28 »
The Division!!

Gah I'm so frustrated with this game... I CANNOT get it to run smoothly at a high fps. the no crossfire support is killing me.  I had a better time in-home streaming this game to my surface on a lower resolution than trying to play it on my desktop :/

I really want to love it and spend a bunch of time on the game but trying to play with frame drops in the single digits is insanity...
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3568 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 06:39:05 »

Were you playing at i57?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3569 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 07:11:56 »

Were you playing at i57?

Yeah we got destroyed haha

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3570 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 08:43:17 »

Were you playing at i57?

Yeah we got destroyed haha

Ah, damn dude. I want to go to another Insomnia event. Probably not going to be this year for money reasons :( You staying there for the rest of the event as well?

Offline G-Dubs

« Reply #3571 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 13:13:20 »
I picked up the Division about two weeks ago and already put in 33 hours. I'm a sucker for grindy, number-chasing games.
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #3572 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 17:31:49 »
I have played a lot of CounterStrike, League of Legends and Starcraft but these games tend to be quite stressfull.
Recently I've discovered WarThunder and I quite like it :D

Also I like to play minecraft with my women on our private server :)

Offline avtar

« Reply #3573 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 12:17:22 »
I've been slowly working my way through The Division. For the most part it's been fun teaming up with random people. I understand why they don't have cross-platform multiplayer but sucks because most of my friends that have that game play on PS4.

Hyper Light Drifter has piqued my interest as well.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3574 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 13:20:15 »
I've been slowly working my way through The Division. For the most part it's been fun teaming up with random people. I understand why they don't have cross-platform multiplayer but sucks because most of my friends that have that game play on PS4.

Hyper Light Drifter has piqued my interest as well.

Do you like the game? Is it a fraud like the crap that EA pushes out? Or is it genuinely good?

Offline avtar

« Reply #3575 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 14:06:00 »
Do you like the game? Is it a fraud like the crap that EA pushes out? Or is it genuinely good?

I've been enjoying it so far. The map is dense, visually it's amazing, and I really like the co-op aspect of it. It's a new title and there are a lot of glitches so it's common to see people exploiting them to get upgrades faster and other benefits like continuous healing. I prefer not to take that route and just work my way through the game otherwise I'm pretty sure it would get boring really fast. That does mean if you choose to go to the DZ and tackle other players along with the game's AI you have to contend with people being super geared up.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3576 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 14:18:19 »

I've been enjoying it so far. The map is dense, visually it's amazing, and I really like the co-op aspect of it. It's a new title and there are a lot of glitches so it's common to see people exploiting them to get upgrades faster and other benefits like continuous healing. I prefer not to take that route and just work my way through the game otherwise I'm pretty sure it would get boring really fast. That does mean if you choose to go to the DZ and tackle other players along with the game's AI you have to contend with people being super geared up.

Dammit.. time to pick it up then! Thanks for the details... sounds like I'll actually love this game. I guess it's time for me to build a gaming rig.. FPS on PS4 is still really hard online. I'm trying to become pro in BF4 on my PS4 but that controller is really not a mouse for quick and accurate shoots.

Offline avtar

« Reply #3577 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 14:33:15 »
Team Mouse Sensitivity for life :D

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3578 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 14:34:01 »
csgo someone 1v1 me for skins

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3579 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 23:21:03 »
Just started playing Killing Floor 2. All-in-all, pretty fun, fast paced game. Anyone playing any of the KF games?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3580 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 07:08:46 »
Any love for battlefield? Battlefield 2 was the high for me. Better than cs 1.6. There, I've said it.

Offline Pikly

« Reply #3581 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 09:46:43 »
Just started playing Killing Floor 2. All-in-all, pretty fun, fast paced game. Anyone playing any of the KF games?

I've been playing Killing Floor 2 for a while, have around 55 hours in it. I like it because it's a guaranteed 20-30 minutes of monster-killing fun without the stress of PvP, so it's one of those games I play when I just want to shoot some things. I've mostly only played the Commando and the Gunslinger, I like me some head shots. My favorite part of the game is the bullet time slow-mo, feels really epic.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3582 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 12:19:35 »

I've been playing Killing Floor 2 for a while, have around 55 hours in it. I like it because it's a guaranteed 20-30 minutes of monster-killing fun without the stress of PvP, so it's one of those games I play when I just want to shoot some things. I've mostly only played the Commando and the Gunslinger, I like me some head shots. My favorite part of the game is the bullet time slow-mo, feels really epic.

I definitely agree about the bullet time. Definitely a nice aspect. I've been playing commando and support mostly. Shotguns are just so much fun!

Offline Asininity

« Reply #3583 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:27:51 »
Lately I've been scrolling up and down through my Steam inventory. Too many games, not enough motivation, I can't decide. Then I go do something else. Yet mentioning this does give me some motivation...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3584 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:33:26 »
Lately I've been scrolling up and down through my Steam inventory. Too many games, not enough motivation, I can't decide. Then I go do something else. Yet mentioning this does give me some motivation...

I know how you feel. I'll do that and then just go watch TV instead =p

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3585 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 15:33:41 »

I'm always building up tension when I HAVE to work and NO time to play. And I'm all like "soon...soon... when I'm on vacation I can game all I want." And then vacation is there and I end up doing nothing AT ALL. Such as shame.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #3586 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:57:42 »
Got around to playing Dragon Age. I'd previously refused to touch it because of some beef with BioWare. It's a nice game, and I'm looking forward to II and III, though not nearly as much as Mass Effect 4.

I'm genuinely happy Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions are out there, it feels like they kinda have a place in my life, though I don't even own them and probably never will, as I opt to play new games rather than replaying old ones, and there are books I need to read anyway. Unfortunately, there's also money that has to be made (family problems, new PC needed, time to wrap up the Ph.D., some professional qualifications that cost money to make and so on), which leaves me with little time to play. (Like when I desperately need to do something else than work.)

If I have the time, I'll play Dirt — the new one. I really love rally games, although I'm bad at the simulation kind where you need to strategize the repairs, which is beyond my intellectual powers. :(

Offline Asininity

« Reply #3587 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:08:45 »

It's a shame. When I die my Steam account will have hundreds of unplayed video games. I blame Humble Bundle, other bundle sites, and Steam sales.

I'm always building up tension when I HAVE to work and NO time to play. And I'm all like "soon...soon... when I'm on vacation I can game all I want." And then vacation is there and I end up doing nothing AT ALL. Such as shame.

Maybe you should carve out some time during the week to relax and play some video games. Pick a time on the weekend and carve it out for gaming. Whenever I sit down to do something relatively nonconstructive like video games I always feel like I should be do something else. The problem is a waste time browsing the internet because in my mind it's something that doesn't take up very much time, unlike video games. Problem is, I could have played a lot of video games for the time wasted browsing online.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3588 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:18:34 »

It's a shame. When I die my Steam account will have hundreds of unplayed video games. I blame Humble Bundle, other bundle sites, and Steam sales.

Maybe you should carve out some time during the week to relax and play some video games. Pick a time on the weekend and carve it out for gaming. Whenever I sit down to do something relatively nonconstructive like video games I always feel like I should be do something else. The problem is a waste time browsing the internet because in my mind it's something that doesn't take up very much time, unlike video games. Problem is, I could have played a lot of video games for the time wasted browsing online.

Thanks, good advice. I was thinking exactly that. The last week I was binge watching scandal from season 1 up to season 5 and me and my GF felt really guilty about just "relaxing" and "not doing work". Ridiculous really.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3589 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:23:39 »
Been playing a lot of the new Smash Bros on the WiiU. Roommate had his copy sitting on the shelf unopened, so after a (no joke) 1hr and 45min patch I pretty much played all day yesterday and am about to play even more.

I never cared for the control scheme in Smash, but the rest of the game is polished enough and has enough going on I can overlook that aspect. Loads of fun and I've barely seemed to scratch the surface  :thumb:

Maining Toon Link and Ganondorf, as they seem to be obviously more powerful than some of the other characters. Also all the Fire Emblem characters are ridiculous.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #3590 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:39:26 »

Thanks, good advice. I was thinking exactly that. The last week I was binge watching scandal from season 1 up to season 5 and me and my GF felt really guilty about just "relaxing" and "not doing work". Ridiculous really.

That's a lot of TV! I don't know what I would do without that voice telling me to be productive scratching at the back of my mind constantly. Sure, it's annoying but I'd do nothing but binge on laziness.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3591 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:41:31 »

I feel like I need to put my Steam library in my will. Don't know who to give it to though =p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3592 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:45:03 »

I feel like I need to put my Steam library in my will. Don't know who to give it to though =p

The Steam servers will be shut down and all your games will be void sooner than later. It's the fault of digital downloads - once the servers go down or the company dissolves/gets absorbed all your games that aren't already installed somewhere will go bye bye forever.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3593 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 18:05:13 »

The Steam servers will be shut down and all your games will be void sooner than later. It's the fault of digital downloads - once the servers go down or the company dissolves/gets absorbed all your games that aren't already installed somewhere will go bye bye forever.

Steam has been around since 1999. I remember using the service for connecting to online deathmatches back in the day before they changed the service into what it is now. I think Steam will be around for at least 200 years. They have the moxy

Offline Asininity

« Reply #3594 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 18:14:19 »

I don't either. It's actually not in my will, I didn't even think about it.

Fortunately Steam has stated that if their service were to cease they have a measure in place to ensure that everyone continues to have access to their Steam games.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 April 2016, 19:14:23 by Asininity »

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #3595 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 04:39:00 »

I don't either. It's actually not in my will, I didn't even think about it.

Fortunately Steam has stated that if their service were to cease they have a measure in place to ensure that everyone continues to have access to their Steam games.

Yeah and honestly even when some of these companies do go belly up the games you bought are generally still accessible via the company that bought them.  Even though it's a messy service for example remember Direct2Drive?  It was bought out by gamefly went onto their website now it's on it's own website again and through the entire process i could still access and use all my old purchases dating all the way back to Unreal Tournament and thief 3.     
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3596 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 09:26:09 »

Yeah and honestly even when some of these companies do go belly up the games you bought are generally still accessible via the company that bought them.  Even though it's a messy service for example remember Direct2Drive?  It was bought out by gamefly went onto their website now it's on it's own website again and through the entire process i could still access and use all my old purchases dating all the way back to Unreal Tournament and thief 3.   

I think the companies know what's at stake.  If it ever happens to anyone, it will set digital distribution back a ways.  Most of the paranoia over losing your collection has died down.  If it happens once, however, getting that goodwill back would be very hard.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3597 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 10:57:43 »
So heavy Steam users around here? Is it worth it?

Coming from a PS4, I'm gonna join #pcmasterrace but wanna know... is steam the way to go?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3598 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 11:02:05 »
So heavy Steam users around here? Is it worth it?

Coming from a PS4, I'm gonna join #pcmasterrace but wanna know... is steam the way to go?

Definitely. I love the fact that (for most games) Steam will backup your save files so if something happens to your hard drive you don't loose anything. Also, I hear Steam In Home Streaming is pretty sweet.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #3599 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 11:18:22 »
I've been playing Dark Souls 3. I love it. I've been a fan since the beginning and I think they did a great job with 3.