Author Topic: [IC]Matrix Lab - Noah (65% Keyboard) GB live on 27-30/07 [27/07/2020 updated]  (Read 218954 times)

Offline caonv

Re: [IC]Matrix Lab - Noah (65% Keyboard)
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 23:05:51 »
Gorgeous!

Are those 7 holes at the top bezel holes for indicator lights coming out from the PCB, e.g. like the Duck's design.
Or merely decorative?

they seem to be decorative. there are about 10 different lighting modes (breathing, fading, transitions, motions, full rgb etc)
Wonder if they're programmable. I wouldn't mind using them for stuff.

As Matrix-lab had replied in this thread, they are programmable, and can be used to indicate the keymap layer
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 February 2020, 23:09:19 by caonv »

Offline dantambok

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 23:58:51 »
havent messed with mine yet but yeah looks like it

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/matrix/noah
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Egobean

« Reply #302 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 17:04:35 »
when it the gb going to start?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 17:05:59 »
when it the gb going to start?
Waiting on China production to get back into swing.

Offline JayBeamz

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 09:49:23 »
Take my money!

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 22:22:50 »
So I'm confused on this one. Seeing multiple things on the thread itself pointing at it being a classic GB, and others at it just being an in stock sale?

Which is more likely in the end for this board?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 23:18:44 »
So I'm confused on this one. Seeing multiple things on the thread itself pointing at it being a classic GB, and others at it just being an in stock sale?

When people say gb it just means whenever this is available to buy. This will be in stock sale.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #307 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 23:34:48 »
Anyone know how to actually flash these? They seem pretty similar to the Tada68 in which you put it in reset (hold escape and plug in), and a drive will show up on your desktop. You then drag and drop your bin file on and exit reset mode. I haven't been able to exit reset mode at all. I've tried every key, and not even ejecting drive seems to help.

Offline astro

« Reply #308 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 20:58:49 »
Anyone know how to actually flash these? They seem pretty similar to the Tada68 in which you put it in reset (hold escape and plug in), and a drive will show up on your desktop. You then drag and drop your bin file on and exit reset mode. I haven't been able to exit reset mode at all. I've tried every key, and not even ejecting drive seems to help.

After drop the bin file, you need to eject the drive with the OS's menu, then re-plug it to the computer.   

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 14:48:50 »
Thank you Astro. I haven't had much luck with this.

Moving over to a windows machine I'm able to get out of reset mode when the USB Drive is ejected.

However when flashing a bin file built from QMK Configurator, the board doesn't respond at all.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #310 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 04:49:36 »
Any ETA on GB?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline stevenT

« Reply #311 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 21:24:36 »
waiting for some good news

Offline astro

« Reply #312 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 04:03:58 »
Thank you Astro. I haven't had much luck with this.

Moving over to a windows machine I'm able to get out of reset mode when the USB Drive is ejected.

However when flashing a bin file built from QMK Configurator, the board doesn't respond at all.
Could try you the latest version on the QMK master branch? I have updated the codes recently according to the upgraded chibios.

Offline sjan828

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 19:10:39 »
Looks awesome! Waiting for gb!

Offline Qomolangma

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 03:46:32 »
 Look awesome, waiting for GB

Offline Lolipopu

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 11:59:35 »
Very nice design. Join the GB for sure

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 12:28:53 »

I just got mine built today too and I'm having no luck flashing it as well.
I can get the drive to show up and flash a bin and then eject the board with the OS menu but when I plug it back in, the RGB lights are going but the board won't respond.

To make things weirder, when I'm running the stock .bin, when I press fn+a to turn on the RGB lights, the lights turn on and then my keyboard stops responding and my PC says there is an unrecognized USB device. 
I made a video to better show what I mean.

It's going to sound stupid but it turned out to be my USB cable. After I switched it out with a regular USB C, it works fine.

The only other issue I have is that QMK doesn't have the keyboard function for the RGB Backlight, only the top indicator lights unless I'm missing something. I would love to turn off the RGBs as well as have it default to off.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2020, 12:14:11 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline astro

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 02:11:43 »

I can get the drive to show up and flash a bin and then eject the board with the OS menu but when I plug it back in, the RGB lights are going but the board won't respond.

To make things weirder, when I'm running the stock .bin, when I press fn+a to turn on the RGB lights, the lights turn on and then my keyboard stops responding and my PC says there is an unrecognized USB device. 

It's going to sound stupid but it turned out to be my USB cable. After I switched it out with a regular USB C, it works fine.

The only other issue I have is that QMK doesn't have the keyboard function for the RGB Backlight, only the top indicator lights unless I'm missing something. I would love to turn off the RGBs as well as have it default to off.

My friend told me about your story :). And you can use F13 to toggle rgb backlight, F14 to change the mode of backlight.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 02:13:33 »
still no word on international gb date..

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline subluxe

• サブラックス
    • https://subluxe.ca/
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 13:07:13 »
Oh **** that looks super clean, might have to get my hands on those

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 21:56:42 »

My friend told me about your story :). And you can use F13 to toggle rgb backlight, F14 to change the mode of backlight.

Thank you so much!
Is there any way to have the RGB off by default? When I plug in the keyboard it automatically turns on. My custom USB cable is too long to support RGB so I would like it to default to be off like the original .bin.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline astro

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 04:46:41 »

Thank you so much!
Is there any way to have the RGB off by default? When I plug in the keyboard it automatically turns on. My custom USB cable is too long to support RGB so I would like it to default to be off like the original .bin.

You can use http://iatkb.com to make a firmware, and then turn of the light by F13. I have implemented eeprom emulation on my qmk branch. So you can turn off the light permanently.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 08:47:27 »

Thank you so much!

You can use http://iatkb.com to make a firmware, and then turn of the light by F13. I have implemented eeprom emulation on my qmk branch. So you can turn off the light permanently.

It works exactly how I want it to now!

Thank you so so so much!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 08:30:06 »
is it dead, or nah 🤔🤔 'cause we haven't received any news yet from Matrix themselves

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #324 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 09:47:34 »
World on shutdown. Both physically and financially. I honestly don't expect this to pick up again for at least a couple months. Just dunno if it makes sense.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 21:35:20 »
=(

I hope to get one at some point... fingers crossed.

Offline eguyy

• my twitch
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 13:58:16 »
i need pc

Offline Mc Eggroll

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 09:48:05 »
I hope this picks back up!

Offline ElKapitain

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 19:40:48 »
I really hope to see this has a Gb one day

Offline riku.

« Reply #329 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 14:41:02 »
looks great - hopefully we see this in a gb soon

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 07:51:53 »
is the group buy here on geekhack?

Offline ElKapitain

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 09:44:31 »
is the group buy here on geekhack?

I've heard on Reddit that there was a GB for china but the international Gb hasn't occurred yet. Hope it will tho

Offline yuppie

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:38:01 »
BRING ON SETH
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline Migz

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 20:22:52 »
my wallet is ready.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #334 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 04:59:15 »
lmao dont hold your breath.
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline jackzyg

• https://elboard.store/
    • ELBoard Discord Channel
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 15:39:12 »
Any update on the release date?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #336 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 02:42:12 »
Tease

KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #337 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 02:53:48 »
board looks so nice, but I have to say I'm kinda scared to own one after seeing freakin' Merlin had troubles programming it.   :p

Offline roznalos

« Reply #338 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 02:59:35 »
I really like this board, especially the olive green or yellow.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #339 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 02:14:18 »
board looks so nice, but I have to say I'm kinda scared to own one after seeing freakin' Merlin had troubles programming it.   :p

I have one from the China GB and I wouldn't worry about it at all. It's all good now.
This reminded me that I have to make a video about it though.

In case anyone is curious. I finally made the video.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 03:12:11 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Kaleidoua

« Reply #340 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 04:21:54 »
Just stumbled upon this thread and I see there is a lot of interest in this case. Is Matrixlab known for great quality or what got everyone excited for this keyboard?
The price is around other 65% boards so what makes this one better? :)
Is there Per key RGB and underglow?

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #341 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 04:26:54 »
Just stumbled upon this thread and I see there is a lot of interest in this case. Is Matrixlab known for great quality or what got everyone excited for this keyboard?

I jumped on it because I really like Matrixlab's design but after getting my board, the anodizing is done really nicely and the fitment on my board was very good. The packaging is real nice and it came with a bunch of extra screws and bits which is a nice touch. so that's why I would recommend it to someone interested.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:22:24 »

Matrix Lab quality is the best of the best. Don't just take my word for it. Check the anodization match along the seam on Matrix 2.0. https://i.redd.it/l5934fmhm0t41.jpg

That said, I don't think anyone buys a board just because of the quality.

Offline Dellinav

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 14:40:57 »
Yes, I agree with the quality of MatrixLab boards! It was dream to own one since I got into the community and saw the Abel lineup, and then I was finally able to get the AbelX and was very very happy with it's look and quality. I look forward to owning more whenever I get the chance! I still love the look of the numbpad and the Tetris(Would probably buy that instead of the Noah if I could lol)  ;D

As stated earlier, people don't always buy a board for its quality, at least not quality/design alone. What can really make or break a purchase can be programmability; for example, the AbelX is not programmable aside from being able to change the color of the LEDs. I believe previous boards were the same, but the Matrix 2.0 and the Noah are both QMK programmable. Having said that, I don't regret buying the Abel before deciding to buy the Noah (Partly because I didn't know when it'd be available lol), as I don't really need to change my layout.

Anyway still excited and patiently waiting! I imagine not very soon since the global situation, but that's okay for me so I can save more money  :))

Offline chowbabyloving

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:04:37 »

When people say gb it just means whenever this is available to buy. This will be in stock sale.

Are there vendors or is this just direct?

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #345 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 06:05:42 »
So apparently there was another in-stock sale a few days ago on Taobao. But china only again.

Are there still any plans to run this intl. or would it be better to just get one aftermarket now?

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 16:01:36 »
how do we join this group buy for people outside of China?

Offline cloudzeng980

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 23:25:01 »
Hopefully Matrix will start doing GBs outside of Asia soon.

Offline abellp327

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 11:43:34 »
Anyone know where I can get an extra pcb  for the Noah?

Offline BB997

« Reply #349 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 08:23:43 »
hi