Author Topic: [IC] SA SNES  (Read 183060 times)

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
Re: [IC] SA SNES
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 20:59:15 »
I'm kinda surprised but I actually like the use of the Filco font.  Feels much more Nintendo-esque than the standard centered Gorton Modified.  I'm kinda over SA as a profile but I'll probably be torn once this goes live since I was interested in GMK SNES.

As far as kits go, I'd like to see a purple number row kit for the 60% boards.  Not sure if light or dark purple would look better (or maybe alternating a la the F row?).

Thanks for your comment.

Number row: I know that's what GMK SNES did (back in the day) and I specifically omitted it in the renders. Because... it makes sense for 60%, but what about 40%? Ideally, the colour packs would fit all boards. Further... we can't really include an extra number row in the TKL kit, it'd be too expensive and as a standalone kit it'd be even more so (actually, let me get a quote...) Whereas the coloured F-row is default, with no alpha/mod coloured option.

I'll look into it.

Offline radam

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 23:37:13 »
suggestions for novelty keys:
- cartridge lineart
- controller connector pins lineart
- power, reset, eject, start, select, super FX
- angled start/select buttons in addition to the d-pad and abxy (so that 3 keys in a row could be a complete gamepad)

if possible, please add some novelties in 1, 1.25 and 1.5 R3
I'd like to use some as a mac command key (if a mac kit isn't feasible)

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 07:28:28 »
If you want novelties/deskmat designs, I may know a guy who wants to do these and has some ideas  ;)

Hint: It's me

Offline psxndc

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 10:22:17 »
PS. I'm thinking of renaming this set to "Super SA". What do you think?

Interesting. Off the top of my head, if you wanted to use more than just one word, you could do something like Super91 or SN91 to reflect the release year in NA (since this is the NA colorway).

As to the icons on modifiers someone mentioned, just be careful. Nintendo has the controller trademarked (https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=88168023&caseSearchType=US_APPLICATION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch) and probably others and they are notorious for shutting down projects that run afoul of their IP.
Ortho. Always.

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 11:44:58 »
I'd love SA SNES but I'd love to have the centered font text like other SA kits unless there's more updated renders.

Offline zfightingman

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 12:50:29 »
PS. I'm thinking of renaming this set to "Super SA". What do you think?

SA Mode7?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mode_7

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 12:54:18 »
I'd love SA SNES but I'd love to have the centered font text like other SA kits unless there's more updated renders.

There's actual photos of the keycaps, so there can't be anything more updated than that... ;)

I know we're all used to the centered SA legends, but trust me, this style is much more Nintendo-like. It also makes the set stand out versus other SA sets.

Obviously, it's a matter of taste (see sculpted vs unsculpted). That being said, the Filco font is at the center of this design and I genuinely believe it's more fitting.

The process used in making the rendered legends is nearly 100% accurate. I could've easily used an approximation but went this way so that people know exactly what they're getting. It was brought to my attention that Mito is making some Cherry-style legends for SA Laser/Cyberdeck. That could also be a possibility, however I suspect (given that we have permission to use them) it would be much more expensive. There are no samples as we speak.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 13:47:58 »
Super91
Mode7

SUPER SA KEYSET SYSTEM

...with optional full icon mods :eek:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 16:55:10 »
More

There's actual photos of the keycaps, so there can't be anything more updated than that... ;)

I know we're all used to the centered SA legends, but trust me, this style is much more Nintendo-like. It also makes the set stand out versus other SA sets.

Obviously, it's a matter of taste (see sculpted vs unsculpted). That being said, the Filco font is at the center of this design and I genuinely believe it's more fitting.

The process used in making the rendered legends is nearly 100% accurate. I could've easily used an approximation but went this way so that people know exactly what they're getting.
It was brought to my attention that Mito is making some Cherry-style legends for SA Laser/Cyberdeck. That could also be a possibility, however I suspect (given that we have permission to use them) it would be much more expensive. There are no samples as we speak.

The Cyberdeck kit is unsculpted, but there is also the Gaijin Alphas kit which is sculpted and has the same legends.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 02:38:57 »
I don’t think the gaijin alpha style fits well with the Nintendo theme though they are Japanese.. the gaijin alphas are very busy , works very well for Laser, but for a Nintendo theme, the minimalism is a better route, IMHO. The Filco legends fit nicely. Would be even better if they were italicized, but oh well...

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 07:56:03 »
I don’t think the gaijin alpha style fits well with the Nintendo theme though they are Japanese.. the gaijin alphas are very busy , works very well for Laser, but for a Nintendo theme, the minimalism is a better route, IMHO. The Filco legends fit nicely. Would be even better if they were italicized, but oh well...

I agree. It would be for the Cherry mods only. And as dvorcol mentioned, half-sculpted (223333).

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 13:50:17 »
Could someone link a reference Colevrak (Mod DH) kit so I don't forget anything?

That kit seems to support Dvorak, Colemak, Colemak Mod DH, and Workman. I can't figure out what the R2 "K" key is for though.

I think it's for Qwpr?

The R2 "K" and the R4 "P" are for Norman.

If you add an R2 "M" and an R3 homing "A" to the MT3 Godspeed kit, it will also cover the Carpalx QGMLWY layout.  The upcoming MT3 Serika's Typist kit is a good example.  Zambumon lists the covered layouts here - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100489.msg2757949#msg2757949

Show Image

Looks like I have some studying to do.

You got me curious.  After much Googling, here's my summary:

Images of each layout:

More
- QWERTY for reference

More
- Dvorak

More
- programmer's Dvorak

More
- Colemak

More
- Colemak DH

More
- Colemak DHm

More
- Workman

More
- Norman

More
- Carpalx QGMLWY

More
- QWPR

More
- Asset

More
- Wide mod

More
- 9 unused QWERTY keycaps

More
<-- split into two kits for perpetual in-stock sets

More
<-- uniform-profile homing kit

More
RH + LH Dvorak support requires 20 additional unique keycaps.  Way too many.

<-- Why no RH & LH Dvorak coverage?

Please PM me with comments or corrections. 

Edits:
9 February 2021: split into two kits for perpetual in-stock sets.
6 October 2020: added Asset layout.
27 December 2019: added uniform profile homing kit.
18 November 2019: added why Dvorcol RH & LH aren't covered.
5 November 2019: corrected shading in Colevrak vs Colevrak+ summary.
29 October 2019: added Wide mod coverage.
29 September 2019: added Colevrak vs Colevrak+ summary
15 July 2019: added QWPR layout
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2023, 16:37:37 by dvorcol »

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 19:05:08 »
Could someone link a reference Colevrak (Mod DH) kit so I don't forget anything?

That kit seems to support Dvorak, Colemak, Colemak Mod DH, and Workman. I can't figure out what the R2 "K" key is for though.

I think it's for Qwpr?

If you add an R2 "M" and an R3 homing "A" to the MT3 Godspeed kit, it will also cover the Carpalx QGMLWY layout.  The upcoming MT3 Serika's Typist kit is a good example.  Zambumon lists the covered layouts here - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100489.msg2757949#msg2757949

Show Image

Show Image

Images of each layout:

More
Show Image
- Dvorak

More
Show Image
- programmer's Dvorak

More
Show Image
- Colemak

More
Show Image
- Colemak DH

More
Show Image
- Colemak DHm

More
Show Image
- Workman

More
Show Image
- Norman

More
Show Image
- Carpalx QGMLWY

More
Show Image
- QWERTY

Please let me know if you find any mistakes.  EDIT: fixed the programmer's Dvorak link.

So good to have it all in one place.  :thumb:

Thanks!!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 01:26:04 »

I think it's for Qwpr?

Show Image

Show Image

Images of each layout:

More
Show Image
- Dvorak

More
Show Image
- programmer's Dvorak

More
Show Image
- Colemak

More
Show Image
- Colemak DH

More
Show Image
- Colemak DHm

More
Show Image
- Workman

More
Show Image
- Norman

More
Show Image
- Carpalx QGMLWY

More
Show Image
- QWERTY

Please let me know if you find any mistakes.  EDIT: fixed the programmer's Dvorak link.

Oh My Gosh ! Dude you are the most data driven person in the community. Between the charts and numbers you do for sets running on massdrop and all of this, I'd give you an award if possible. !!!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 23:02:00 »
More

I think it's for Qwpr?

Show Image

Show Image

Images of each layout:

More
Show Image
- Dvorak

More
Show Image
- programmer's Dvorak

More
Show Image
- Colemak

More
Show Image
- Colemak DH

More
Show Image
- Colemak DHm

More
Show Image
- Workman

More
Show Image
- Norman

More
Show Image
- Carpalx QGMLWY

More
Show Image
- QWERTY

Oh My Gosh ! Dude you are the most data driven person in the community. Between the charts and numbers you do for sets running on massdrop and all of this, I'd give you an award if possible. !!!

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 08:34:18 »
When is this set going live for purchase/group buy? (If I missed it in the thread, that's my fault)

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 16:51:40 »
When is this set going live for purchase/group buy? (If I missed it in the thread, that's my fault)

Hi. There is no date yet, but I am aiming at late 2019 to early 2020...

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 18:58:35 »

I think it's for Qwpr?

Show Image

Show Image

Images of each layout:

More
Show Image
- QWERTY

More
Show Image
- Dvorak

More
Show Image
- programmer's Dvorak

More
Show Image
- Colemak

More
Show Image
- Colemak DH

More
Show Image
- Colemak DHm

More
Show Image
- Workman

More
Show Image
- Norman

More
Show Image
- Carpalx QGMLWY

More
Show Image
- QWPR     

Please let me know if you find any mistakes.  EDIT: added QWPR layout.

(Do you think it would be worth having a normal QWERTY set of alphas as well as a separate (standalone) set of alphas for "Typists"? If I interpret your chart correctly, then 11 keys from the QWERTY alphas aren't needed.)

If anyone was wondering the above, the potential savings are up to ~$7.50 (minus a realistic ~$4 for lower order quantity...) So about tree fiddy.

Answer: Not worth it.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 01:10:18 »
Here are some kit proposals. These are 100% not final and will change; either combined, morphed, re-combined, deleted, and so on...

I re-read some old threads and noticed that some people were really adamant about things (WASZ, RGBY, etc.), therefore I decided to mix it up and go for a Massdrop-style approach (ie. many many kits). Here they are:

Kits
[outdated, see OP]

Missing:

• Numpad (working on the legends...)
  • NorDe (working on the legends...)

Notes:

• As mentioned above, these are subject to change
  • Look out for any mistakes and obvious missing keys
  • Specific keys/legends are bound to disappear; don't get too attached
  • I'm looking for suggestions, feel free to engage!

Let me know what you think. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 July 2019, 13:21:50 by voodoo6k »

Offline psxndc

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 05:12:03 »

Am I allowed to say "I love you?"

I never considered it, but YXBA is effing brilliant. I LOVE this set. Literally, the only thing I'd consider changing (and I think someone already suggested it) was to change the font to the more Mac-like font used in some other keycaps. That seems more SNES-y. But even as-is, this set is just great.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 July 2019, 05:13:56 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 10:02:29 »
Literally, the only thing I'd consider changing (and I think someone already suggested it) was to change the font to the more Mac-like font used in some other keycaps. That seems more SNES-y. But even as-is, this set is just great.

Basically, SP only makes two fonts: the usual centered one you see on most sets, and this Filco font.

Anything else will cost an astronomical amount and is out of the question.

Offline radam

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 10:22:51 »
This is fantastic.

Any chance to add to the power pack:
R1 1u reset for split backspace
R2 1.5 reset for HHKB

or whichever is more popular

Offline psxndc

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 10:53:17 »
Quote from: voodoo6k
Basically, SP only makes two fonts: the usual centered one you see on most sets, and this Filco font.

Anything else will cost an astronomical amount and is out of the question.

Yeah, that's what I figured/vaguely remembered. Seriously, great set. Can't wait!
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 11:07:58 »
This is fantastic.

Any chance to add to the power pack:
R1 1u reset for split backspace
R2 1.5 reset for HHKB

or whichever is more popular

Yeah... it's missing some 40% keys as well. Looking into it. ;)

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 20:38:26 »
There's a mistake in the Specialty kit. Remove the 1.5u Backspace which is already in the TKL kit.

:cool:

Offline psxndc

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 16:07:57 »
So the YXBA kit got me thinking - If I wanted to replicate the controller's look, having the light and deep purple for Y, X, B, and A will look odd because of where those keys are relative to each other in just about any layout.

Solution: why not make the YXBA set blanks instead?  On a QWERTY layout, having H and I be light purple would make sense and M and L would be dark purple. But if I have an alternate layout (I do, ColemakDH for LIFE) the replaced keys would be K and U and H and I, respectively. If they are blanks, then it won't matter what letters I replace them with.

Ortho. Always.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 16:25:22 »
YESSSSSSSSS these kiiiits
in af

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 20:52:52 »
So the YXBA kit got me thinking - If I wanted to replicate the controller's look, having the light and deep purple for Y, X, B, and A will look odd because of where those keys are relative to each other in just about any layout.

Solution: why not make the YXBA set blanks instead?  On a QWERTY layout, having H and I be light purple would make sense and M and L would be dark purple. But if I have an alternate layout (I do, ColemakDH for LIFE) the replaced keys would be K and U and H and I, respectively. If they are blanks, then it won't matter what letters I replace them with.

The YXBA keys were meant more for the 65% right column, or filling the top and bottom rows in general. I will make that clearer in a future render. The extra R4 B is for the controller pattern {;[/'} (see OG Gamer pack). Lastly, of course one may use them as actual alpha keys for a more chaotic look... :))

Offline psxndc

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 22:32:29 »
The YXBA keys were meant more for the 65% right column, or filling the top and bottom rows in general. I will make that clearer in a future render. The extra R4 B is for the controller pattern {;[/'} (see OG Gamer pack). Lastly, of course one may use them as actual alpha keys for a more chaotic look... :))

Got it. Thanks!
Ortho. Always.

Offline zfightingman

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 01:27:29 »
Three key suggestions/requests:
  • OG Gamer Pack: Add a dark X key to allow for a left-tilted D-pad cross
  • POWER Pack: 2.75U R4 SELECT key in case you want to use them in place of both Shift keys
  • POWER Pack: 1.75U R3 TURBO key for Caps Lock (because what is Caps Lock except TURBO for letters?)

This set continues to look amazing, and I can't wait for the GB.

EDIT: Maybe also a mod-grey option for the POWER pack keys as well?  The darker gray matches the actual controller buttons better, but if you are using a combination of standard mods and POWER keys, the contrast between the grays may look odd.  This is especially true if you end up using any of them for left-side mods alongside the OG Gamer Pack WASD cluster, which is currently the same dark gray.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2019, 01:33:23 by zfightingman »

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 08:12:52 »
Three key suggestions/requests:
  • OG Gamer Pack: Add a dark X key to allow for a left-tilted D-pad cross
  • POWER Pack: 2.75U R4 SELECT key in case you want to use them in place of both Shift keys
  • POWER Pack: 1.75U R3 TURBO key for Caps Lock (because what is Caps Lock except TURBO for letters?)

This set continues to look amazing, and I can't wait for the GB.

EDIT: Maybe also a mod-grey option for the POWER pack keys as well?  The darker gray matches the actual controller buttons better, but if you are using a combination of standard mods and POWER keys, the contrast between the grays may look odd.  This is especially true if you end up using any of them for left-side mods alongside the OG Gamer Pack WASD cluster, which is currently the same dark gray.

Those are pretty good ideas. :thumb:

Let's see how they affect pricing. As a general rule: big keys are expensive, hence my omission of the 2.75u key. These are novelties as well. We will have to restrain ourselves. ;)

For the grey/dark grey colours, I will see how it turns out in the renders. You may be right.

Thanks!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 21:04:41 »
This is coming along nicely !!

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 15:30:10 »
As an SNES owner, count me in!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 20:51:58 »
As a PAL player, love the OG Gamer pack :D

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 20:59:00 »
Wait so if I wanted to fit a WKL TKL, I would have to get 3 kits just to do so? Any chance the tkl kit can be combined with the specialty kit?
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 July 2019, 21:02:46 by slxdegrees »

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 22:46:50 »
Wait so if I wanted to fit a WKL TKL, I would have to get 3 kits just to do so? Any chance the tkl kit can be combined with the specialty kit?

Correct. I still haven't received a quote for these kits, but there's a chance that TKL and Specialty could be combined.

With SP, there is no penalty for splitting into smaller kits, as long as you hit an order quantity of around 100 for each kit (usually). That said, hitting 100 Specialty kits is non-trivial.

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 11:07:04 »
Here are some kit proposals. These are 100% not final and will change; either combined, morphed, re-combined, deleted, and so on...

I really like these! I love that the TLK includes Function, Meta, 1.75 Control, 1.75 Shift, etc. Very nice touches. Would it be possible to include a 1.25 "Command" key for Mac users (akin to the Windows icon key)?

I love the Power Pack and the Super Pack. I need both. :)

One potential kit idea to consider is a "controller kit". I'm thinking some R2/R3/R4 blanks to allow the alphas to convey an SNES controller aesthetic. For example, some dark gray blanks (one R2 and three R3) so WASD could be swapped out to look like a D-pad, and some light purple blanks (one R2 one R3), and dark purple blanks (one R3 one R4) so that H, I, M, L could be swapped out to look like YXBA). Just something to consider. :)

Looking forward to joining the group buy later this year!
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 July 2019, 11:09:16 by AdidasShoe42 »

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 11:30:57 »

I really like these! I love that the TLK includes Function, Meta, 1.75 Control, 1.75 Shift, etc. Very nice touches. Would it be possible to include a 1.25 "Command" key for Mac users (akin to the Windows icon key)?

I love the Power Pack and the Super Pack. I need both. :)

One potential kit idea to consider is a "controller kit". I'm thinking some R2/R3/R4 blanks to allow the alphas to convey an SNES controller aesthetic. For example, some dark gray blanks (one R2 and three R3) so WASD could be swapped out to look like a D-pad, and some light purple blanks (one R2 one R3), and dark purple blanks (one R3 one R4) so that H, I, M, L could be swapped out to look like YXBA). Just something to consider. :)

Looking forward to joining the group buy later this year!

I think I see what you mean.

The YXBA keys kind of serve that purpose. In addition to either populating the 65 percent column, top/bottom rows or R3-- you can go "controller mode" and use them on the alphas (in a diamond shape). I get that it's a bit awkward because of the YXBA legends conflicting with that alphas. Also, the buttons on the actual controller don't have any legends, so... I will have to think it over.

Note that you can use the arrow cluster as a D-pad on a 60 percent keyboard, for example. It feels a bit cheap offering blanks, even though they are more versatile.

Super pack is definitely a must to unlock the power of the Meta. ;)

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 12:29:54 »
It feels a bit cheap offering blanks, even though they are more versatile.

Could these blanks be included in the OG Gamer Pack, perhaps?

« Last Edit: Wed, 31 July 2019, 12:33:55 by AdidasShoe42 »

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 12:59:46 »
It feels a bit cheap offering blanks, even though they are more versatile.

Could these blanks be included in the OG Gamer Pack, perhaps?

More likely in the minibars kit, with the other blanks.

I am taking note of a possible need for more 1u blanks.

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 13:55:21 »
More likely in the minibars kit, with the other blanks.

I am taking note of a possible need for more 1u blanks.

I think that's perfect - thank you! For the controller-pad look I described it would take:

1u Dark Gray x4 (R2, 3xR3)
1u Light Purple x2 (R2, R3)
1u Dark Purple x2 (R3, R4)

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 11:47:08 »
Quick question:

Does anyone not use homing keys on SA profile... ?

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 12:56:59 »
We might have to consider this, depending on vendor's preference.

Simplified and combined TKL and specialty:

TKL + Specialty

• Removed extended 60% keys (2u Shift, 1u Shift, R4 Delete and R1 Backspace)
  • Removed some superfluous 1u and Meta keys
  • Swapped out the Menu symbol for regular legend (looks better)
  • Can be split back into separate TKL and Specialty kits

Don't like the Windows key? That's why we have the Super pack option. :)

Offline psxndc

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 13:04:17 »
Quick question:

Does anyone not use homing keys on SA profile... ?

Funny, I'm having this problem literally right now. I have SA Row 3 mitolet installed on one of my keyboards, but I use a Colemak layout on it. The mitolet set doesn't have Colevrak homing keys available, so I have non-homing keys where the homing keys should go and it's maddening. I even reached out to SP to see if I could get deep dish blanks made in a color that would match the mitolet set and they said they could do it, but require a minimum order of $100. :-/
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 10:51:44 »
Okay, so hear me out.

I'm having the biggest 223333 itch right now. :eek:

I got the quote for kits v1 and I seriously think we should consider 223333. (We were already considering it, weren't we?)

The customizability of 223333 is just too good. Not only for Colevrak, but for the novelties as well; think ABXY.

There are several reasons why we should opt for 223333:
  • Customization
  • Cheaper kits = more fun
  • Less redundant kits for small keyboards
  • Equal profile is more in line with the SNES aesthetics
  • Compatible with Filco sets (available in many colours)
  • Simply looks better

Thoughts?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 10:57:48 »
Big fan of 223333, but that's just my preference.

Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 11:10:10 »
$35 ColevrakDH kit makes absolutely no sense when you're already getting alphas and barely using half of all the keys.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 11:37:56 »
yup. The only thing a Colevrak kit would provide that isn't otherwise achievable with vanilla 22333 is homing keys.
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 00:21:38 »
Updated kits

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 01:56:16 »
As a Colemak-Mod DHm user: +1 for 22333