Author Topic: I am looking for a Keyboard with the new kailh speed switches  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Mousearm

I am looking for a Keyboard with the new kailh speed switches
« on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 04:21:28 »
Hi forum,

despite using mechanical keyboards for 3 years now (love my Kinesis Advantage) I am still  amazed like a noob when i see the different keyboards the cracks here use and praise, love this forum :thumb:

I am somewhat not able to find a keyboard with the relatively new Kailh copper switches. Any ideas?

Greetings!

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
Re: I am looking for a Keyboard with the new kailh speed switches
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 11:50:12 »
How are your soldering skills? You could always swap switches in another keyboard.

If that's too much, keep an eye on Massdrop. They've been running some keyboard drops with Kailh switch choices lately. There is also their CTRL keyboard up right now that has hot swap switch sockets, so you could change switches without soldering.

Offline Mousearm

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 03:38:06 »
How are your soldering skills? You could always swap switches in another keyboard.

well unfortunately none...

There is also their CTRL keyboard up right now that has hot swap switch sockets, so you could change switches without soldering.

The CTRL Keyboard with the Kailh switch socket is a good option! Can i put other brands in this too like Cherry, gateron?

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:26:53 »
There is also their CTRL keyboard up right now that has hot swap switch sockets, so you could change switches without soldering.

The CTRL Keyboard with the Kailh switch socket is a good option! Can i put other brands in this too like Cherry, gateron?

Any plate-mounted MX switches should work.  It doesn't have the extra holes for the plastic pins on PCB-mount switches, though if you really wanted to use PCB-mount switches you could clip those pins.

Since it uses SMD LEDs for the backlighting you'll also want switches with a clear housing to let the light through.  If you care about that at least.  If you don't it doesn't matter.

Offline etatauri

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 03:33:27 »
I agree with getting hot swappable keyboards. There are pretty cheap options these days. I myself am tempted to get the CTRL.
Input Club K-Type / Vortex Pok3r / Magicforce 21 / Razor Blackwidow
MX Clear / MX Blue / IC Halo Clear / NK Box Pale Blue / NK Box Navy
SP DSA HC Dolch / SP Dye Sub DSA / SP SA Dasher / MD MT3 /dev/tty / KC Strong Spirit

Offline iaso

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 00:34:58 »
I have full size Blue Ducky One 2 with the TKL part in Speed Gold. The numpad part is still in mx blue (i ran out of Speed Golds). The case is not in great shape (visually it's fine). If you're in Europe I'd be willing to part with it for the right price.

Offline Mousearm

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 04:59:34 »

I have full size Blue Ducky One 2 with the TKL part in Speed Gold. The numpad part is still in mx blue (i ran out of Speed Golds). The case is not in great shape (visually it's fine). If you're in Europe I'd be willing to part with it for the right price.

How easy is it to change the keys in the Ducky One? I didn't see this with the Ducky one (wasn't really looking for that though)...