Author Topic: Nuclear Data keycaps on Rosewill Cherry MX Blue Switches (RK-9000V2)  (Read 2416 times)

Offline legalize

• Terminals Wiki
So I got myself a set of the Nuclear Data keycaps and I was looking around for a decent mechanical keyboard for them.  The WASD bare bones keyboard was out of stock, so I decided to get the Rosewill gaming keyboard and swap out the keycaps.  Everything is fine except for the keys with stabilizer bars.  The white plastic inserts that connect the stabilizer bar fit snugly into the Rosewill keycaps, but are loose in the Nuclear Data keycaps.  This means that the stabilizers are not really functioning properly.

What's the best way to deal with this problem?  Coworkers suggested things like blu tack, a little bit of cellophane tape, etc., around the inserts or in the keycap post holes in order to have the inserts fit snugly.  Another suggestion was glue, but that sounded too permanent for my tastes.

Is it possible to get different inserts in the aftermarket to make a snug fit?

What keyboards have people successfully used for the Nuclear Data caps set?

Thanks!

Offline zslane

Re: Nuclear Data keycaps on Rosewill Cherry MX Blue Switches (RK-9000V2)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 12:10:29 »
Most of us just cut out little squares of plastic from a ziplock bag, and use them as shims for the inserts.

Offline Tactile

REΛLFORCE