Author Topic: [SOLD] Apple m0116 Internal USB conversion. Comes with box.  (Read 2716 times)

Offline ezrahilyer

[SOLD] Apple m0116 Internal USB conversion. Comes with box.
« on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 15:34:04 »
I did another m0110 with an internal usb converter ( hasu's adb to usb converter)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331446389327

Free shipping in the USA, I will discount international shipping by $10 for those outside the usa.
You can also get an additional $10 discount if you buy it directly.
PM me if you want to do that.

I have dropped the price to $79 with free shipping on eBay, and I will still give a geek hack discount of $10 so that makes it $69 if purchased here.

Great keyboard that is nearly new and has an internal USB conversion.

-Ezra
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 February 2015, 18:36:16 by ezrahilyer »

Offline ezrahilyer

Re: Apple m0116 Internal USB conversion. Comes with box.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 22:16:46 »
This one is sold.

Re-listed because the sale was cancelled.

« Last Edit: Mon, 12 January 2015, 12:35:18 by ezrahilyer »

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
Re: [SOLD] Apple m0116 Internal USB conversion. Comes with box.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 22:53:18 »
Do you by any chance have a build log or a link to a build log you followed? I'm going to be attempting this mod very soon and I want mine to look as clean as yours

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 23:37:02 »
How is the orange alps?

Never owed an alps board so this is interesting to me

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 00:22:08 »
Do you by any chance have a build log or a link to a build log you followed? I'm going to be attempting this mod very soon and I want mine to look as clean as yours

I will write on up and post it. Its really quite easy.
PM me and remind me if you don't see the thread in a day or so.
-Ezra

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 00:28:48 »
How is the orange alps?

Never owed an alps board so this is interesting to me

Orange feels solid (more-so than pink) I like the thunk that the spacebar makes, and if you like to bottom out your keys, you will like how orange has a very solid stop.
I think the key caps may have something to do with that feel though.

I hope some others reply as well, since I am not really an ALPs expert, but I have tried this keyboard in both pink/salmon and Orange, I don't really have a favorite between them, but the pink is lighter and sometimes binds when I am hammering them, the oranges are firmer, but never bind.
They are both smooth, this board feels smoother than the last M0116 I had (which was pink/salmon), but I think that may be because this one is still in the box and doesn't have wear, so the other one may have been more worn in.

-Ezra

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 07:25:09 »
The specs are pretty much the same between earlier and later sub-generations of Apple keyboards, but there are internal differences in the switches. AEKs had serial numbers up to about 1M, but AEK2s do not have serial numbers and there were probably a lot more than a million of them made.

Personally, I have felt more difference due to age, wear, dirt, etc, than the generation of switch. For example, in a vacuum, I prefer orange to pink/salmon, but clean fresh pink would surely be preferable to beat-up orange.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 11:48:16 »
I have dropped the price to $79 with free shipping on eBay, and I will still give a geek hack discount of $10 so that makes it $69 if purchased here.

Great keyboard that is nearly new and has an internal USB conversion.

-Ezra

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 18:36:31 »
sold