Author Topic: MIAMI GB (shipping)  (Read 119907 times)

Offline bianco

Re: MIAMI GB (shipping)
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:18:05 »
thank you i3oilermaker, BunnyLake and everyone involved in this awesome gb
as predicted the lily set's off my daughter's keyboard and replaced with miami!  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #401 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:26:47 »
anyone with the GMK set got the Miami set yet? Curious to see how they match up colour wise

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #402 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:44:02 »
anyone with the GMK set got the Miami set yet? Curious to see how they match up colour wise

Which set the purple or the CMYK?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #403 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 09:59:55 »

Which set the purple or the CMYK?

either or both :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #404 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 17:50:07 »
My tracking info indicates "missed delivery" and "scheduled for today" - strange as they are delivering to PO Box.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Infallible

« Reply #405 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 21:09:43 »
Got mine today, looks great.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #406 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 21:20:41 »

Thank you so much Bunny for running this, as I've mentioned I built my GON board just to model this set. It's completely. Thanks Brad for the prompt shipping
I love Elzy

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #407 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 21:42:44 »
Show Image

Thank you so much Bunny for running this, as I've mentioned I built my GON board just to model this set. It's completely. Thanks Brad for the prompt shipping

Oh man, that looks soooooooooo goooooooood. 

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline dignitasDreAm

« Reply #408 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 01:29:48 »
Show Image

It Looks So Good OMG.... Bunnny i want Mine!!!!!:)))))

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #409 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 01:43:07 »
I'm sorry I am holding up some of the international orders - I have had some complete and utter insanity in real life for the last couple of days, and I need to acquire a larger box to get the keys over to Bunny.

I promise these will ship to bunny this week and hopefully out to you guys shortly after.

How about US order? I haven't got any shipping notification yet.

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #410 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 03:16:15 »
Oh my word, the colors!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #411 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 04:21:15 »
Oh my word, the colors!
Show Image

haha cheers! that looks great! really curious about that blue, it seems to look different in every pic lol

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #412 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 07:06:59 »
Oh my word, the colors!
Show Image

Cool  :thumb:
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mattics

« Reply #413 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 07:12:15 »
haha cheers! that looks great! really curious about that blue, it seems to look different in every pic lol

It really does! They look almost like a render in xavier's picture, the rest of the key looks normal... *hopes it isn't actually a render*

Offline heeliqin

« Reply #414 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 01:11:52 »
Why my orders have not received any notice?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 05:04:53 »
Why my orders have not received any notice?

Because they haven't been sent yet, I have about 40 orders to send, once I get the keys, I can send them
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #416 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:21:24 »
Keys are here, hope there will be Miami round 2 with better legend's colors

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #417 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:23:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

i have something im planning to put a twist on it and give a set a greater number will be happy with, some people really like the set, some dont, i understand the contrast issues some have raised, it is disappointing, at some point this set had to happen, and im really glad it did

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:31:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

i have something im planning to put a twist on it and give a set a greater number will be happy with, some people really like the set, some dont, i understand the contrast issues some have raised, it is disappointing, at some point this set had to happen, and im really glad it did

I think the contrast is fine and looks great. Having bigger legends would only detract IMO I love the effect the contast gives you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #419 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:34:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think the contrast is fine and looks great. Having bigger legends would only detract IMO I love the effect the contast gives you

i still dont have my sets, but i dont have an issue with contrast anyway, i touchtype anyway and i am happy with the set, that being said, i can understand the reasons some people dont like it, i think with a set like this it was always going to split opinions, i have also been told numerous times the set is a nightmare to photograph and in person the contrast is better, so far i think mashby has captured the it best

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #420 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 15:27:44 »
Is the color combination bananas? You betcha!

Is the contrast hard to read? No doubt!

Is it awesome? Hells to the yeah!

Those of us who were lucky enough to get the Miami key set were getting it knowing full well what we were buying. I'm thrilled with the set! It's unique, it's amazing and it's not for everyone.  :cool:

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 15:29:56 by mashby »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #421 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 15:32:16 »
Is the color combination bananas? You betcha!

Is the contrast hard to read? No doubt!

Is it awesome? Hells to the yeah!

Those of us who were lucky enough to get the Miami key set were getting it knowing full well what we were buying. I'm thrilled with the set! It's unique, it's amazing and it's not for everyone.  :cool:

Show Image

Exactly!  I love mine even though I can't see the legends without squiting. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #422 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 09:29:33 »
i have had some people complaining that their set hasnt been sent yet, pr that others got special treatment and got theirs first, this is out of my control, the original plan was that all the sets i would be shipping would come to me first, then all sets would be shipped at the same time, however, what has happened is the sets that were shipping from the states, went out first, and the sets im shipping are on the way to me, its not that people are getting their sets late, its just some went out earlier than expected, it is not fair to ask brad to sit on the sets and take up his space waiting for me to get mine, im sorry some are delayed, but as soon as i get the sets, i will send them out to all remaining orders, i will make it very public when i am shipping the sets as well as when i get them myself, so if you havent gotten your set or a shipping notice, its because i am sending out your set, and as soon as i get them myself, i will get them out to you
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 September 2013, 09:31:55 by BunnyLake »

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #423 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 10:22:24 »
i have had some people complaining that their set hasnt been sent yet, pr that others got special treatment and got theirs first, this is out of my control, the original plan was that all the sets i would be shipping would come to me first, then all sets would be shipped at the same time, however, what has happened is the sets that were shipping from the states, went out first, and the sets im shipping are on the way to me, its not that people are getting their sets late, its just some went out earlier than expected, it is not fair to ask brad to sit on the sets and take up his space waiting for me to get mine, im sorry some are delayed, but as soon as i get the sets, i will send them out to all remaining orders, i will make it very public when i am shipping the sets as well as when i get them myself, so if you havent gotten your set or a shipping notice, its because i am sending out your set, and as soon as i get them myself, i will get them out to you

Church!
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #424 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 10:29:18 »
I've waited well over a year for this set so a few weeks is nothing!

Offline jalaj

« Reply #425 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 14:58:23 »
this is a great set, the miami flair weeds out the pretenders

Offline kitsune

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 02:54:45 »
I guess the European orders haven't shipped yet, am I correct?

Offline mattics

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 03:04:17 »
@kitsune - Bunny will be sending out the UK/European orders when he receives the keys. The below isn't directed at you, it is for all the people moaning.

Chill your beans, people! It hasn't even been three months since the thread was opened in Bunny's vendor forum, and only just 2 months since it has been in the main group buys section.

The people who have their sets already have theirs much earlier than expected - yours aren't late!

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 03:27:41 »
Miami has finally found its way down to New Zealand. :cool:

These keys are a bit tricky to photograph to get the colour right.. :rolleyes: (Hooray for white/grey cards and Lightroom's white-balance tool).
Looking at the keys now as I type this up, the blue/cyan actually looks more intense than it really is -- closely resembling the mock-up on the first page, and the pink legends looks more "hot". ;)

Thanks Bunny for this great GB! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 September 2013, 03:29:37 by Reomero »

Offline oaklandishh

« Reply #429 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 04:14:13 »
Great photos Reomero. They really are pretty accurate of the set.

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #430 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 13:40:51 »
This is for you Bunny!! I did my first qfr cover painting just for this keyset!

hello.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #431 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 13:43:05 »
damn it looks so good on a white board >.<

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 23:27:11 »
That looks awesome on a white case, so glad I'd painted my DK9008 white just for this set of key caps.....my first case/cover paint job as well.

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #433 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 00:17:03 »
(Xender) and size probably matters
(Xender) but dont quote me on that
(Xender) and i just realized what i said

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #434 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 00:35:23 »
Arrived today! I can't believe I bought these. They're hellafun :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #435 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 23:30:42 »
Mine arrived yesterday - pics forthcoming when I get a chance.

Thanks Bunny!

Thanks for quick postage Brad!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #436 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 23:31:15 »
If only these were Cherry profile :C

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:31:05 »
If only these were Cherry profile :C

SP DCS is close. ;)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #438 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 10:45:03 »
Aw damn, still no word from my proxy.....though someone else in my neck of the woods has received his already.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 10:49:03 »
Aw damn, still no word from my proxy.....though someone else in my neck of the woods has received his already.

still lots of sets to be shipped, so dont worry

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #440 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 17:28:14 »

still lots of sets to be shipped, so dont worry

I must say that it is unusual for me to get mine before others have received theirs.  Usually Australia (and me in particular, for some reason) seem to be last.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #441 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 06:37:14 »
I must say that it is unusual for me to get mine before others have received theirs.  Usually Australia (and me in particular, for some reason) seem to be last.
Yeah, that's why I'm so jelly that others, including a guy in the same country as me, have already gotten theirs. My proxy ordered two sets I believe, and has told me he'd inform me immediately upon notification, so far zip, nada, squat. :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #442 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 06:56:32 »
Yeah, that's why I'm so jelly that others, including a guy in the same country as me, have already gotten theirs. My proxy ordered two sets I believe, and has told me he'd inform me immediately upon notification, so far zip, nada, squat. :(

sorry about that, chances are you friend is getting their sets sent from me, and i havent gotten the sets myself to send yet, i will let everyone know as soon as i do

trust me

i wanna have this set more than anyone

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #443 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 08:06:05 »
Just bought a set off mistakemistake.  Looking forward to some eye-bleeding goodness :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #444 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 05:56:37 »
Pics as promised.

All present and correct:

Looks good on a white keyboard:

But then I got to missing the MX blacks in my QFR, so I switched them over:

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #445 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 06:15:04 »
Looks so good on a white board.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #446 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 06:20:34 »
Looks so good on a white board.

That was my thought too.

Also the EK green keycaps also look better on white.

And this KeyCool is white white, not off white or cream.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #447 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 06:33:13 »
That was my thought too.

Also the EK green keycaps also look better on white.

And this KeyCool is white white, not off white or cream.
Yep, that's my thought as well, hence painted a spare DK9008 pure white just for the Miami set....now, it's just sitting there gathering dust but ready to get all dolled up. :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #448 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 07:22:48 »
Pics as promised.

All present and correct:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

nice pics sir, really glad it all arrived safely, im literally gonna be one of the last people to get my own set, cant wait to get my hands on it

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #449 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 03:57:04 »
Pics as promised.

All present and correct:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

nice pics sir, really glad it all arrived safely, im literally gonna be one of the last people to get my own set, cant wait to get my hands on it

Thank you very much Mr Bunny :)

Thought you would have had a sample or something.  Ironic - you are the last of us.

It is currently on my QFR for use at work.