Author Topic: [GB] Maclab Keycap set by Switchlab  (Read 4353 times)

Offline switchlab.sg

[GB] Maclab Keycap set by Switchlab
« on: Wed, 29 March 2023, 22:16:00 »
Hey everyone!

Switchlab here and we would like to announce that Maclab Keycap set is now available for GB/Pre-order

The Inspiration

Design was inspired mainly from retro Macintosh keyboard legends and mods from the old school days of Apple. We wanted to keep it simple and minimal with the design and color choices. Design comes with 2 contrast colorways to choose from.

After much feedback and consideration, we have decided to keep the original placement of the Mac icons.
The ease of transition for users that utilize both OS frequently and who do not necessarily want to swap keyboard led to this decision..

SCHEDULE
GB Date - 29 Mar - 30 Apr
Fulfilment: Q2 2023

SWITCHLAB KEYCAPS?
For those who knew me, I mostly did Deskmat designs and GB before I started out my own store under Switchlab a little over a year ago.
I've since ventured into keycap designs and worked with a manufacturer to launch a few sets through my store

QUALITY
If you're wondering how the quality is compared to other PBT dye subs, you can check out a review and photoshoot with the links below for one of my designs.
I work closely with my manufacturer to ensure that the quality and standards meet our expectations.

Keycap review

Keycap Sample

Maclab Keycaps review by hi_keebs

KEYCAP SPECS

PBT Dye Sub

Cherry Profile

1.7mm thickness

Dark or Light color theme

KITTING

RENDERS

PRICE
Light/Dark Base : $80
Bundle (Light + Dark) : $145

VENDORS

SEA/Rest of World - Switchlab

SOCIALS

Interested in collaborations? Drop us a message on IG or Discord!

Follow us on Instagram

Join the Discord

Switchlab#1973

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2023, 03:04:37 by switchlab.sg »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Maclab Keycap set by Switchlab
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 11:09:00 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline switchlab.sg

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 22:16:29 »
**Reserved**

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 08:47:10 »

These legends are wrong everywhere in this set.  The ⌥ symbol should be used for Option/Alt while the ⌘ symbol is supposed to be on Command/Windows keys.
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline switchlab.sg

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 10:06:46 »
We've received a lot of feedback from Mac users to keep the legends and we feel that it does make sense for a seamless switch especially for both Win/Mac users.

We will be reviewing with the team and make a final decision in this thread. Thank you everyone for the support and feedback.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2023, 14:04:13 by switchlab.sg »

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 12:37:34 »
We've received a lot of feedback from Mac users to keep the legends and we feel that it does make sense for a seamless switch especially for both Win/Mac users.

We will be reviewing with the team and make a final decision in this thread. Thank you everyone for the support and feedback.

Uh, this isn't hard.  :rolleyes:  Actual Apple keyboard:

Just stick with legends like that and you'll be fine.   :thumb:
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline zephyrusrain

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 08 June 2023, 17:43:36 »
I don’t believe you when you say “a lot of feedback from Mac users”. Mac users wouldn’t agree to have the option/alt symbol on the Win key and the command symbol on Alt/Option. This was a terrible idea and is a compromise that doesn’t work for either Mac or Windows users. What Windows user would be happy having the alt/option symbol on the wrong key? SMH