Author Topic: Func debuted their first Mechanical keyboard at Computex  (Read 2556 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Func debuted their first Mechanical keyboard at Computex
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 10:04:25 »

so are these manufacturers releasing the same iOne (or is it Costar?) just with different colors etc??

Offline shifted

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 11:31:37 »
Hope Cherry opens a few more switch factories this year :)

Offline Grimey

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 11:53:04 »
"Click, Click, Win" ... hmmm sounds easy enough.
Erlang your pants off

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 01:24:31 »
(Attachment Link)

so are these manufacturers releasing the same iOne (or is it Costar?) just with different colors etc??

Can't be Costar based on the Windows key size and its style, but yeah, seems like just one of the many modifications of the iOne Scorpius U9BL...

QPAD already sells one of them, it was just a matter of time before Func also did.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline LouisHjelmslev

• This is all so complicated
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 01:47:51 »
I don't trust any manufacturer if all they can put are digital renderings of their new products. You'd think they'd want to show their actual products in all their glory if they had them. Maybe eventually.

Offline fateswarm

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 04:18:57 »
Here's an idea. Use all these human resources routed to Marketing in the development of better switches. That way the keyboard community will appreciate it, at least the novelty of it, and it will generate more profits than trying to fool children they're going to auto-cheat over their friends in gaming.

It reminds me of the two ships in Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. The Marketing one was probably too small.

I'm already irritated by the fact the market has basically 2 or 3 available switches technologies and they all seem mismanaged either in technology or in openness. More players are needed in switches development, not in the development of ..the same product with different colors on its plastic cover.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2013, 04:22:00 by fateswarm »

Offline Grimey

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 07:55:29 »
I'm already irritated by the fact the market has basically 2 or 3 available switches technologies and they all seem mismanaged either in technology or in openness. More players are needed in switches development, not in the development of ..the same product with different colors on its plastic cover.

I am in agreement with you, but just rehashing what everyone else is doing by purchasing ugly keyboards from an OEM sure does seem easier.
Erlang your pants off