Author Topic: Kmac vs HHKB  (Read 1363 times)

Offline newesc

Kmac vs HHKB
« on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 00:21:12 »
If anyone has experience with both Kmac & HHKB, could you let us know your experience with them both and reasons why you would prefer one over the other? Thanks in advance ^-^

Offline calavera

Re: Kmac vs HHKB
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 00:24:06 »
They use different switches so what is there to compare? Cherry MX vs. topre. Two totally different layouts too. Unless you're talking about Kmac happy but that still uses cherry switch.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 00:36:52 »
They are COMPLETELY different. Different layout, different switch and different styles. They really cannot be compared to each other. They cater to seperate markets.

edit : ninja'd
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 01:25:51 »
There are zero similarities in regards to size, material, switch, layout, and feel. It's best to do research on them separately.

Offline newesc

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 01:46:31 »
Thanks for your input ;D.  Understood they are different.  Feels like I got smack in the face with that question :confused:.  Nonetheless, I guess what i meant was  in terms of the feel, comfort of your fingers when typing on them, personal opinion wise?
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2013, 02:14:35 by newesc »

Offline ___q

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 02:00:01 »
That would depend on what switches were in the kmac and what keycaps etc. were used... and most of it would then still come down to personal preference.

I'm typing this on a kmac w/62g blacks, but I use a 55g 87U at work, they're very different beasts.  The build quality of the kmac case is clearly better, but aside from that, you can't really compare them.  Overall I think I slightly prefer the kmac, but the topre switches are also really nice to type on (and way quieter, which is nice for an office environment).