Author Topic: Wooting keyboards  (Read 1846 times)

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
Wooting keyboards
« on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 10:35:28 »
Hi, does anyone happen to have any drawings or measurement of the wooting keyboards? (More specifically pcb and plate)

Interested in either designing a new case or to use the pcb + plate for an already existing case.
I would appreciate if someone could send me any info they have about the mounting style and measurements. Thanks!  ;)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Wooting keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 08:05:27 »
Don't even bother ;) . Due to the way their switches are designed, tolerances are extremely tight.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 08:17:53 »
Don't even bother ;) . Due to the way their switches are designed, tolerances are extremely tight.

Hehe, I re-watched your video the other day on the Wooting switches. Clearly a complex design, I’m guessing adding lube to the switch will most likely misdirect the optics?

Anyway, would be a fun project to try out. When saying the tolerances are extremely light, what would you would happen when switching case? Or did you just mean that they low tolerance in general?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 14:56:54 »
Tight tolerances, not loose.
Their design doesn't lend itself to modding, or possibly even repairs beyond replacing the "switch".
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 04:48:20 »

Hehe, I re-watched your video the other day on the Wooting switches. Clearly a complex design, I’m guessing adding lube to the switch will most likely misdirect the optics?

Anyway, would be a fun project to try out. When saying the tolerances are extremely light, what would you would happen when switching case? Or did you just mean that they low tolerance in general?
Why would you want to lubricate a super smooth switch? XD

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 07:17:41 »

You can never get too much smoothness lol  :))

Nah just curious as of how it would work out.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 08:12:00 »

I think if anything it would make it worse :p . I really don't think people should just automatically want to lube everything tbh.

I also suspect that, like you said, it could end up interfering with the optics in this case.

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 12:01:43 »

I think if anything it would make it worse :p . I really don't think people should just automatically want to lube everything tbh.

I also suspect that, like you said, it could end up interfering with the optics in this case.

What I would like to do is atleast lube the springs or even swap them out, I’m super petty about weights and I can not stand even the slightest hint of spring crunch or ping..