Author Topic: worst keyboard ever?  (Read 120677 times)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: worst keyboard ever?
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 11:05:03 »
this kb looks fun to type on
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130785317448

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 11:08:28 »
this kb looks fun to type on
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130785317448
Show Image

Those colors just seem all wrong for something being sold as vintage Apple IIe gear but what do I know.....;)

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 14:32:37 »
Show Image

I will have to go with this, or the ZX81 equivalent. I could type faster than most the other 11 year olds, and so everyone with one of these would get me to type in programs from magazines rather than do it themselves. Awful, awful keyboards.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 14:37:06 »
Props to you.

I didn't think that it was possible touch type on an iPaid.

I'm getting there. With one thumb. On a phone. MessagEase is pretty great for a phone board. A few typos when I type in a rush and try to go faster than I can handle sometimes though. Like a random ampersand in the middle of a word or an e in place of a space. Other than those, it's awesome.
Try the split keyboard function on the iPad.  Makes it a whole lot easier.

Offline TrueOP

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 01:25:49 »
Anything touchscreen.

agreed !

What!? 20WPM is the future of computing!

My ex boss got his 1st touchscreen phone as a blackberry user since the cellphone came out (hes almost 80) and hes a touch typist, the funny thing is he typed just as fast but every email came out some jarbled mess of words autocorrected beyond recognition... and all were followed with the auto-sig Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 01:46:01 »
Anything touchscreen.

agreed !

What!? 20WPM is the future of computing!

My ex boss got his 1st touchscreen phone as a blackberry user since the cellphone came out (hes almost 80) and hes a touch typist, the funny thing is he typed just as fast but every email came out some jarbled mess of words autocorrected beyond recognition... and all were followed with the auto-sig Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

http://dilbert.com/strips/2011-02-09/

:))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 21:15:39 »

The actuation is horrible and sometimes the switches get jammed. So much mistyping and it hurts my hand after about 10 minutes.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 21:25:47 »
the worst keyboard i have ever used is a dell keyboard(i forget the model number). why it is worst? it doesn't have a stabilizer! even the space bar!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 21:35:12 »
Show Image

The actuation is horrible and sometimes the switches get jammed. So much mistyping and it hurts my hand after about 10 minutes.

THIS THIS THIS THIS SO HARD!

Worse than rubberdome...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline morpheus

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 21:38:35 »
Show Image

Worse than rubberdome...

What's that thing on the back?

wait for it.....r

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 21:42:49 »
Show Image

Worse than rubberdome...

wait for it.....r

I don't get it...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 03:28:13 »

It's their combo backspace/ delete key. Don't you geekhackers know anything?  :p :p :p

Show Image

Worse than rubberdome...

wait for it.....r
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 03:43:13 »

It's their combo backspace/ delete key. Don't you geekhackers know anything?  :p :p :p

So where is the fn key to toggle between the two?

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 10:01:52 »

So where is the fn key to toggle between the two?

It's the yellow stuff.
BIG fn.
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:59:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

both are terrible...I'm using the latter to rest my feet on...

Anything touchscreen.

WHAT?

The KU-0225 (Lenovo pictured) is effin awesome for a rubber dome.  They turn to crap fairly quickly (~2-3 months heavy use) but almost have a Topre-esque smooth feel when fresh.  I get my tech guy at the office to give me a new one every couple of months.  I almost wish someone with more KB knowledge could dissect one of these and let us know what sets them apart from other RDs.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 November 2013, 14:01:15 by mljs54 »
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 15:09:02 »
Show Image

Show Image

Anything touchscreen.

WHAT?

The KU-0225 (Lenovo pictured) is effin awesome for a rubber dome.  They turn to crap fairly quickly (~2-3 months heavy use) but almost have a Topre-esque smooth feel when fresh.  I get my tech guy at the office to give me a new one every couple of months.  I almost wish someone with more KB knowledge could dissect one of these and let us know what sets them apart from other RDs.

Huh? I have a huge box full of NIB Lenovo Preferred Pro KBs, and all of them are very mushy. On the other hand, I do appreciate soft&silent touch, decent build quality, standard layout and rubberized palm rest.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 16:54:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

Anything touchscreen.

WHAT?

Considering it's my school that has those, it's difficult to get them to exchange one every month just for me...

It's OK. I don't have a ton of experience with God-awful rubber domes...however, a new one to take the place of the above two:

More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 21:58:20 »
My god, I went to the Microsoft store in the mall and got a chance to use the capacitative or whatever boards- worst things I have ever seen. Had to mash a key repeatedly to get it to register, and there was no movement so absolutely no feedback.

Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:21:03 »
My god, I went to the Microsoft store in the mall and got a chance to use the capacitative or whatever boards- worst things I have ever seen. Had to mash a key repeatedly to get it to register, and there was no movement so absolutely no feedback.

OH right! those things. on pure usability, they're OK, but they feel terrible. It's a tiny step above using a touchscreen, primarily because you don't have to be positioned awkwardly to use it.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline larrymoencurly

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 04:53:51 »
Either:

1. BTC with switches made of aluminum foil disks glued to sponge backing.  Probably the mushiest keyboards ever made.

2. Monterey K360.  The rubber domes didn't feel bad, but for some reason the key shafts would stick, especially with the wide keys, which had no equalizer rods under them.  Rocketboard gave away 250,000 of these, hoping that people would install their driver software and press the extra row of buttons that would take us to websites that paid ad revenue to Rocketboard.

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 13:38:17 »
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:57:53 »
Android touch screen on my ZTE Merit, for the win! - ultra tiny...terrible for typing...probably doesn't count though, huh?
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:01:21 »
gearhead wireless keyboard.

Maybe it will type a letter when you press a key. Maybe it will type 3. Most times though it will type nothing at all.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"