Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624612 times)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1250 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 23:20:43 »
I finally broke down and got one, and it stands against everything I love. It's huge, has a numpad, is Topre, and has wonky keycap profiles. It's freaking awesome  :eek:
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Oh wow.. I didn't know Topre has a high profile keyboard. What is this model called? And is this NIB or you gotta get used these days?

I saw a set of these caps on ebay going for $120 BIN last week, and was tempted to buy them but thought they would look wierd on an HHKB, had I known EK was going to have a sale on realforce so would have Definitly picked them up.
sell out and eat ass

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1251 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 01:20:46 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

This is the one that sold me on HHKB. :D

Must just be the pink :P

Yeah! :P The Pink blanks (love the caps lock led dot on right shift spot, I did that w my orange set too), the white blanks, the Octopink cc (unless it's tmp), the tv wrapping paper under the keyboard for a great backdrop :), the bro caps font choice, and of course the great photo skills and quality!

Me too not sure why but I really like the caps lock dot on the shift :) That pink is a great shot as well. I love when the CC/Bro is nicely matched with the coloured keys. I'm trying to get a red, grey and white thing going on my type-s but need to find a light grey cc or maybe depth white to match.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1252 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 01:26:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

That is a great photo!

This is the one that sold me on HHKB. :D

Must just be the pink :P

Yeah! :P The Pink blanks (love the caps lock led dot on right shift spot, I did that w my orange set too), the white blanks, the Octopink cc (unless it's tmp), the tv wrapping paper under the keyboard for a great backdrop :), the bro caps font choice, and of course the great photo skills and quality!

Me too not sure why but I really like the caps lock dot on the shift :) That pink is a great shot as well. I love when the CC/Bro is nicely matched with the coloured keys. I'm trying to get a red, grey and white thing going on my type-s but need to find a light grey cc or maybe depth white to match.

:thumb:  It is a great look! :)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1253 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 01:41:22 »
Thanks I have something in the mail to help with that look but tracking went dead when it left the US so hopefully it will just arrive soon :) Will post pics when it does.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1254 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 09:06:26 »
You can see how I work my magic. Notice my "flash", 550 lumen bike lamp haha

You keyboard photos are beautiful, and I wish I had a "you" by where I live. Granted I could go to my mother who had a bachelors in art...but that would be so ackward. Something like " you are a 27 yr old man wanting me to take a photo of your over priced keyboards?" ....parents never get it no matter how old you are,lol. Wait, I am a parent and I would get this... Anyways I think your photos are great keep it up because it just adds to threads like these and a community like this.
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1255 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 14:07:06 »

On the hunt for more caps to fill this top row ~
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1256 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 14:10:25 »
Show Image

p guht, yo. p guht. (b^-^)b

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1257 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 16:04:03 »

got a few things in the mail today, all topre :thumb:
sell out and eat ass

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1258 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 16:07:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Whoaaaaa all red.. Very cool bro!

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1259 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 16:12:58 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Whoaaaaa all red.. Very cool bro!

Thanks dude! I think I finally found my favorite color haha
sell out and eat ass

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #1260 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 16:34:18 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

nice! You need a slushy red cc! :)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1261 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 17:03:11 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

nice! You need a slushy red cc! :)

Aww snoopy please don't tempt me, I have already typed up a couple pm's that I never sent to dgsbllx for his. My wallet keeps telling me no :(
sell out and eat ass

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1262 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 19:33:31 »
Show Image

I think when you are done with the top row this is going to look awesome, and I love some of the cap you already have on the keyboard as it is. Cannot wait to see the updates

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1263 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 02:56:09 »
Dunno which one I should stick with...

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1264 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:04:01 »
I like the middle one but with maybe a red ctrl instead of green. Love the drunken skull and Oktober, too nice.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1265 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:11:11 »
I like the middle one but with maybe a red ctrl instead of green. Love the drunken skull and Oktober, too nice.

I'll definitely have to give that one a shot... but the caps lock/ctrl is on my RF 87UB :P Will have to try it out tomorrow and take pics.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1266 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 04:18:56 »
Of course forgot about your 55g  :) Blank red is a great extra set to have.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1267 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 06:20:54 »
This one, the cleanest the meanest!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1268 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 12:24:10 »
the space bar is broken. I think you should send your HHKB in for a repair

;)
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1269 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 19:49:58 »

I'll definitely have to give that one a shot... but the caps lock/ctrl is on my RF 87UB :P Will have to try it out tomorrow and take pics.

I may have to say the bottom or the top, because with the top you have a clean but nice look with a bit of jazz with the escape key. The bottom has more going on, but not in a bad way just a preference of what one prefers in their keyboards. Like with the Reaforce 87u 55g I am hopefully getting I will be putting a red escape key on for the simple pleasure of the way I think it looks. Yet, with the Leopold fc660c I have it all red and different looking with a blank key set except the wasd. Anyways good luck with the choice, and I think you know what you prefer, but are just conflicted because you know it looks good any of these ways.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1270 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 20:25:50 »
Of course forgot about your 55g  :) Blank red is a great extra set to have.

It sure is. Red just looks so great no matter where you place it.

This one, the cleanest the meanest!
Show Image

Hehe ~ thank you for the input! Still contemplating, but I'm now leaning towards either top or middle... Not sure which just yet :P

the space bar is broken. I think you should send your HHKB in for a repair

;)

:P

I may have to say the bottom or the top, because with the top you have a clean but nice look with a bit of jazz with the escape key. The bottom has more going on, but not in a bad way just a preference of what one prefers in their keyboards. Like with the Reaforce 87u 55g I am hopefully getting I will be putting a red escape key on for the simple pleasure of the way I think it looks. Yet, with the Leopold fc660c I have it all red and different looking with a blank key set except the wasd. Anyways good luck with the choice, and I think you know what you prefer, but are just conflicted because you know it looks good any of these ways.

Yeah. 660C looks best when just the red esc or just fully one color because of the layout and how the keycaps fit.

I'm glad you were able to be on the same page as me about my choices. I was using the third option since last night until noon-ish today but only because it was the last one I was testing, but for now, I'm using the 2nd choice but I'm now leaning towards the first... LOL.... the internal conflict continues... first world problems LoooooooooL.

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #1271 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 23:37:13 »
Started to dress up my HHKB - added some green blank keys for the arrow diamond.

ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1272 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 23:38:37 »
Your space bar is mounted wrong
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1273 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 06:14:45 »

there must have been a factory issue with the most recent batch. seems like lots of people couldn't make that same mistake...
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #1274 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 06:31:58 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1275 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 06:42:17 »

If that's wrong...I don't want to be right :eek:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1276 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:24:07 »

If that's wrong...I don't want to be right :eek:

its wrong
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1277 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 22:02:14 »
Okay~ So I finally found one that I like and will keep it this way until next week when some new caps come by, and even then, it'll just be a slightly modified version of this... Just need to figure out where to put the CC's.

It's fun to play around with caps and colors :D

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 January 2014, 22:03:47 by VesperSAINT »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1278 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 23:26:56 »
This is one corner of my Topre board ...

52680-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1279 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 23:27:46 »

(Attachment Link)

That thing is so damn hawt. Show me the other corners...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1280 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:40:28 »

(Attachment Link)

The other corners are stock.  I was sick recently, and in my hazy state returned it to completely standard layout.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #1281 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:47:16 »
here is a potato picture of my awesome HHKB that a posted in another thread to get a HHKB title, witch i will still hopefully get one day :D

one of these days i will find the time to take nice pictures of all my keyboards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1282 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:01:37 »

(Attachment Link)

The other corners are stock.  I was sick recently, and in my hazy state returned it to completely standard layout.

Thus:

52703-0

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1283 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:02:15 »

(Attachment Link)

Thus:

(Attachment Link)

So cleannn mate! I may have to get a lettered white version... Nice!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1284 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:02:51 »

(Attachment Link)

Thus:

(Attachment Link)

So cleannn mate! I may have to get a lettered white version... Nice!
But blank is so nice also!

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1285 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:34:36 »

(Attachment Link)

Thus:

(Attachment Link)
love the classic look of the yellow esc key ~~

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1286 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:47:33 »

(Attachment Link)

Thus:

(Attachment Link)

That's no Esc key - it happens to be a BroBot, good sir!

Although I do have a Topre Yellow Esc around here somewhere ...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1287 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:49:17 »

(Attachment Link)

Thus:

(Attachment Link)

That's no Esc key - it happens to be a BroBot, good sir!

Although I do have a Topre Yellow Esc around here somewhere ...

YEA YOU ****ING DO! MINE BRO!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1288 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:49:34 »
I gave Rowdy a yellow topre cap once

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1289 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:49:53 »
It was yellow

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1290 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:50:07 »
I gave it to him

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1291 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:50:19 »
Is that not neat?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1292 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:50:34 »
I think it is

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1293 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 13:53:02 »

new clacks!
sell out and eat ass

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1294 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 13:59:29 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

new clacks!

Looking good, bro. Seems your collection is growing :)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1295 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 14:01:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

new clacks!

thanks man! i keep telling myself no more, but its not happening  :thumb:
sell out and eat ass

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1296 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 14:10:47 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

new clacks!

thanks man! i keep telling myself no more, but its not happening  :thumb:

Your poor bank account :'( I can proudly say I've never paid over retail price for any of mine, but I don't blame you. The detail on those babies are just superb.

You should try putting the 3D on the right end and put the white one next to it, with blue and red following. It's like red + blue + white = 3D :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 January 2014, 15:52:36 by VesperSAINT »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1297 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 15:51:44 »
Why would you be proud to over pay o.O

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1298 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 15:53:04 »
Why would you be proud to over pay o.O

Oops, meant to say "never paid over retail" :)) Thanks for pointing that out <3

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1299 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 15:55:16 »
Ah okay now that makes sense. Though I don't know about proud. More like lucky.