Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624908 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 23:44:51 »
Just realize that the RF 87U has no volume control on the keyboard. Hmmm... I am just so used to having one. What should I do? Use some keyboard mapping stuff?

griffin powermate
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1501 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 02:04:51 »
Just realize that the RF 87U has no volume control on the keyboard. Hmmm... I am just so used to having one. What should I do? Use some keyboard mapping stuff?

Don't worry Belfong you can just sell it to me ;) Seriously though autohotkey.

Offline avtar

« Reply #1502 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:59:29 »
New work keyboard <3

I ordered the black 55g for home. And with that I hope I'm done buying keyboards for the rest of 2014.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1503 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:03:33 »
New work keyboard <3

Show Image

I ordered the black 55g for home. And with that I hope I'm done buying keyboards for the rest of 2014.

But... 2014 has just started! :))
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline avtar

« Reply #1504 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:08:42 »

It's gonna be a long ride....

55g is a game changer though. I should have done this ages ago.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1505 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:21:18 »

Game changer huh? Don't tempt me!
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1507 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:32:44 »

now you need a hhkb and get it modded to 55g and that will be your last keyboard

Offline avtar

« Reply #1508 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:38:19 »
nobee, it's the best keyboard EVER of ALL TIME. It's more silent than what Youtube videos depict to be and 55g doesn't feel stiff at all, it seems like the perfect balance between smooth switches and enough tactile feedback. More sturdy than the FC660C as well.

demik, I started this crazy Topre trip with a HHKB. I still like using it and I guess modding it will make it that much better but for now **** just got Real.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1509 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:39:58 »
truth be told my fav topre is realforce topre. feels so much smoother IMO.

but the hhkb layout is just perfect.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1510 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:51:28 »
Don't tempt me!

http://donttemptmefrodo.ytmnd.com/

LOL!!!

nobee, it's the best keyboard EVER of ALL TIME. It's more silent than what Youtube videos depict to be and 55g doesn't feel stiff at all, it seems like the perfect balance between smooth switches and enough tactile feedback. More sturdy than the FC660C as well.

Ahhh stop, stop, sttttooooppp!! Okay, okay, arm is twisted! You've done it Frodo.
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1511 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:55:04 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1512 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:56:53 »
GH: Home of Enablers.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1513 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:59:42 »
Damn you guys.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1514 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:08:23 »
New work keyboard <3

Show Image

OMG I need those orange with alphas. Beautiful man.

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #1515 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:13:30 »
New work keyboard <3

Show Image

I am not a person who really likes orange, but that is a sharp looking keyboard. I hope you have some way of keeping co-workers from surreptitiously typing on it when you are away from your desk.

Offline avtar

« Reply #1516 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:26:50 »

Ahhh stop, stop, sttttooooppp!! Okay, okay, arm is twisted! You've done it Frodo.

here you go sir, good luck!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221380960179?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l4455&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI221380960179.N7.S1.M370.R1.TR3

nobee, your pink Realforce set would look mighty fine on that.........................................................

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1517 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:27:50 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221380960179?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l4455&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI221380960179.N7.S1.M370.R1.TR3

nobee, your pink Realforce set would look mighty fine on that.........................................................

It's true! I love my 55g 87u white..

Offline avtar

« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:29:13 »
I am not a person who really likes orange, but that is a sharp looking keyboard. I hope you have some way of keeping co-workers from surreptitiously typing on it when you are away from your desk.

One coworker bought the FC660C off me. Today he said that he's been staring at pictures of the black Realforce for the past few days :P

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:35:37 »

I know..... I was just salivating over the thought of those pink keycaps on that smooth white board.... *sigh* 

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1520 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 16:09:11 »
Things that happen when I'm bored~

Lighting in my room is utter sheet today so excuse the potato pics:

Offline avtar

« Reply #1521 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 16:15:17 »
Damn those blank sets look so good! I like that reverse Italian theme you got going on with your HHKB :p

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1522 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 16:37:55 »
Damn those blank sets look so good! I like that reverse Italian theme you got going on with your HHKB :p

Thanks! I would've done the Italy theme but then I wouldn't have been able to do the RGBY on the RF55g :P

Offline Slowdiving

« Reply #1523 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:50:11 »

Did the mod from this thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49046.0 . Highly recommended if you have an hour or two and an iron :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1524 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:19:16 »

Show Image

A bit early for Christmas, isn't it?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline avtar

« Reply #1525 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 22:30:03 »
Show Image

Sorry to go off-topic but where are these mouse pads/carpets coming from? Another one here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33167.msg1218052#msg1218052

Offline avtar

« Reply #1527 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 23:40:12 »
Some of these patterns are so cool. Thanks!

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1528 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 01:08:43 »

Show Image

I love this! Very nice! ^^

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1529 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 02:24:49 »
Show Image

Show Image

Did the mod from this thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49046.0 . Highly recommended if you have an hour or two and an iron :)

Classic. Can't go wrong with the uniform color keyboard with the one red ESC key :D

Show Image

A bit early for Christmas, isn't it?

Heheheheehehe~ Reminds me of my last Christmas theme:

Show Image

I love this! Very nice! ^^

Thank you!!!! Coming from you, it's an honor! You have/had some of the most badass keyboards in the past! I definitely have some of your keyboard pictures saved on my computer.

Offline Slowdiving

« Reply #1530 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 07:03:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

Classic. Can't go wrong with the uniform color keyboard with the one red ESC key :D

Thank you!!!! Coming from you, it's an honor! You have/had some of the most badass keyboards in the past! I definitely have some of your keyboard pictures saved on my computer.
Cheers mate!  I tried to venture out a little, so I got the PFU key top set but didn't like any of the color combos w/ my board.  I need to gather a  few more posts before I can get it up on the the classifieds  :rolleyes:

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1531 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 13:48:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So I am typing this from the Realforce 87u 55g weighted keyboard. I thought it appropriate for you to hear about this first, since both of the Topre keyboards I now own are ones you had recommended to me. I am thinking about doing a written review of this keyboard when I have had it comparing it to the Leopold fc660c because they do feel really different from each other for only being 10g's different in weighting. I will be honest when I first opened the box I was pleasantly surprised with how it looked aesthetically in person over how it looked in the pictures. I did not like how it felt when I first typed on for the first few minutes I felt so disappointed with it. I let it ride though remembering when I first typed on the Leopold fc660c and how long it took to get use to that switch keyboard. I am typing fairly well on it considering that it is a big difference in weighting and I happen to like the fact that I am surprisingly accurate with this keyboard so fast for not typing on a 80% keyboard in the past 2 and half months.  I will be posting some pictures of the two keyboards together when I get a chance to take some...and I will keep you updated on how I am doing typing on the differences. Thanks for all the feedback concerning the two keyboards.
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1532 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:53:34 »
You are lucky, Travellerr for improve accuracy in typing. Me, on the other hand, typing on RF is a lot of \\\\\\\\ - ha ha.  I think you know what I mean.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1533 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:16:19 »
You are lucky, Travellerr for improve accuracy in typing. Me, on the other hand, typing on RF is a lot of \\\\\\\\ - ha ha.  I think you know what I mean.

I think it has something to do with I am not yet as fast and do not know if I ever will be because my finger strength is not quite there yet...being spoiled by the butter smoothness of the Leopold fc660c has it's downsides as well I suppose...kind of...nah not really. I happen to love the difference and will be using the RF as much as possible just to break it in and see how it feels because even now it feels more natural then it did a little while ago today. I absolutely love the keycaps in contrast to the rest of the keyboard even to the blue leds... Also I will be putting some photos tomorrow of the two side by side and then some more exclusive ones of the RF soloing it. I am a happy camper but I wish the HHKB pro 2 had different weighting than just the 45g uniform because I would totally of bought one just to have the layout and aesthetics of that keyboard and it's caps.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1534 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:31:34 »
I often wondered and I probably should have tested it out myself but I am lazy - whether the HHKB white-printed caps will work on the RF. I am thinking of just replacing the alphas. So I will have white alphas, black mods and the arrow cluster and the the other 9 keys would be black. I wonder if it's even remotely attractive. Anyone tried it before?

Offline Slowdiving

« Reply #1535 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:14:30 »
I often wondered and I probably should have tested it out myself but I am lazy - whether the HHKB white-printed caps will work on the RF. I am thinking of just replacing the alphas. So I will have white alphas, black mods and the arrow cluster and the the other 9 keys would be black. I wonder if it's even remotely attractive. Anyone tried it before?

I thought about it too, after seeing  intelli78 's HHKB.  The numpad layer legends would be missing though.  Not to mention the superfluous legends for the HHKBs function layer

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1536 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:21:19 »
You are right! It wouldn't look nice.. HOPE DASHED!

Offline Slowdiving

« Reply #1537 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:56:27 »
On that note, if anyone with an RF has whites w/ legends & is interested in going black, HMU for a trade ;)

An unrelated question: has any here retrofitted a USB mini Female port to their RF?

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1538 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:48:27 »
You are right! It wouldn't look nice.. HOPE DASHED!

lol, well the nice thing is that you will not have wasted the time and or money modding it just to be disappointed later on. I will say that I wish I could find some white RF key caps with legends to either trade for some red(blank) and or black(legends) Realforce caps. I happen to like the red caps and I definitely like the black as well, but after I saw a black chassis with the white caps modded to it I fell in love. I would of also liked the Realforce to have come out with some darker green caps...alas that is never going to happen now, oh well.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1539 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 01:32:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So I am typing this from the Realforce 87u 55g weighted keyboard. I thought it appropriate for you to hear about this first, since both of the Topre keyboards I now own are ones you had recommended to me. I am thinking about doing a written review of this keyboard when I have had it comparing it to the Leopold fc660c because they do feel really different from each other for only being 10g's different in weighting. I will be honest when I first opened the box I was pleasantly surprised with how it looked aesthetically in person over how it looked in the pictures. I did not like how it felt when I first typed on for the first few minutes I felt so disappointed with it. I let it ride though remembering when I first typed on the Leopold fc660c and how long it took to get use to that switch keyboard. I am typing fairly well on it considering that it is a big difference in weighting and I happen to like the fact that I am surprisingly accurate with this keyboard so fast for not typing on a 80% keyboard in the past 2 and half months.  I will be posting some pictures of the two keyboards together when I get a chance to take some...and I will keep you updated on how I am doing typing on the differences. Thanks for all the feedback concerning the two keyboards.

I think it has something to do with I am not yet as fast and do not know if I ever will be because my finger strength is not quite there yet...being spoiled by the butter smoothness of the Leopold fc660c has it's downsides as well I suppose...kind of...nah not really. I happen to love the difference and will be using the RF as much as possible just to break it in and see how it feels because even now it feels more natural then it did a little while ago today. I absolutely love the keycaps in contrast to the rest of the keyboard even to the blue leds... Also I will be putting some photos tomorrow of the two side by side and then some more exclusive ones of the RF soloing it. I am a happy camper but I wish the HHKB pro 2 had different weighting than just the 45g uniform because I would totally of bought one just to have the layout and aesthetics of that keyboard and it's caps.

Heyo!!! Glad to see you finally got your 55g!!! Get used to it, and you'll never need to buy another keyboard ever again... unless you want to mod a HHKB into 55g... I like my RF55g as is, and it'll stay that way. Glad to see that you're being open-minded and giving it time. Trust me, I felt the same way when I first got it, and I was feeling very disappointed (as you can probably see from my past posts, if you can find it), but here I am... absolutely loving this thing. Your fingers will most likely get used to the stiffness by the end of this week, and you'll learn how to type on it by the end of the second week :)

Regarding the accuracy, I believe it's because with Topre switches, once your finger has actually started pressing it, there's no turning back and the key switch has been registered as the rubber cup caves and finger falls through. Cherry switches on the other hand, I've found that sometimes I don't fully depress the switch, even though it felt like I've pressed the button, and I'll miss a keystroke... maybe I'm just crazy...

Took the yellow caps out on the bottom row because it seemed cluttered; looks better this way~

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1540 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 01:35:42 »
Awesome board Vesper as usual, you have an epic collection of boards and caps. You not crazy either I also miss mx key presses every so often now it's very irritating.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1541 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 01:41:03 »
Awesome board Vesper as usual, you have an epic collection of boards and caps. You not crazy either I also miss mx key presses every so often now it's very irritating.

Thank you! You also have quite the perfect collection! 2 HHKBs and 2 Filcos?! Can't go wrong. You just need a 55g Topre and maybe an Ergo Clear board and you're set :P

Lately, I've been wanting to type on stock Browns again on a plate-mounted board (Filco/Ducky) but don't want to spend $140+ on a new Cherry board...  My Custom MX boards all have lube on the inside of the switches so that's not an option :( I will have to think of something :P

Glad to see that I'm not the only person who realizes it... maybe you're crazy too, just like me :P

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1542 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 01:52:11 »

Thank you! You also have quite the perfect collection! 2 HHKBs and 2 Filcos?! Can't go wrong. You just need a 55g Topre and maybe an Ergo Clear board and you're set :P

Lately, I've been wanting to type on stock Browns again on a plate-mounted board (Filco/Ducky) but don't want to spend $140+ on a new Cherry board...  My Custom MX boards all have lube on the inside of the switches so that's not an option :( I will have to think of something :P

Glad to see that I'm not the only person who realizes it... maybe you're crazy too, just like me :P

Thanks, I want to get rid of my TKL (black) Filco and buy a 55g just need to find a buyer or a possible trade. I wouldn't mind some clears on my Leo tenkey but I am hoping a new Topre tenkey will come out sometime soon. That's how I get missed key presses moving from type-s to mx tenkey. Also still need to find my first clack! and maybe a few more after as well as some more BroBots then my collection will be good :)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1543 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 02:45:06 »
Show Image

This is a NIB from EK and upon closer inspection, the Caps Lock is scratched. Considering the price of this kb, the lack of QC is pretty disappointing. I mean, my Poker 2 PBT caps are scratch too but that's like Made in China and half the price vs Made in Japan. Anyway, I need to look for a replacement cap.

(I know I can swap Caps and Left CTRL..)

Let me use it for a few more days and then I'll write an impression of the fabled 55g.
Anyone has a spare CAPS LOCK that they don't want? I don't mind buying it from you .. this scratch is driving me nuts!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1544 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 03:48:07 »
Won't EK give you a replacement cap? seems a little ridic that it comes scratched, I mean I wouldn't accept a new std logitech kb if it had scratches.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1545 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 05:54:41 »
Good point. Never consider that. I'll check with EK.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #1546 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 06:22:45 »
My home made ergo-hhkb-dox;

Offline osi

« Reply #1547 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 06:34:04 »

Show Image

lol!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1548 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 07:06:42 »

Show Image

That's just greedy! but I love it  :thumb:

Offline adhoc

« Reply #1549 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 07:09:16 »
Ah I was just kidding, one is for the office, one is for home use :)