Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2624800 times)

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #5650 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 12:03:10 »
My 55g 87U  ;D

Show Image

Did you sell the 104 that those caps came from or what?

I got the 104 set of red keycaps second hand and decided to only use the modifiers!
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #5651 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 12:05:47 »
Is there a painted hhkb or realforce case here? I dreamed about it last night.  :'(

I believe pemdas plastidipped his hhkb gold or something

He did plastidipped the modifiers. Damn he got some nice bros :)
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline linuxhermit

« Reply #5652 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 12:38:34 »
My HHKB Type-S

I'm debating getting a Realforce to replace my novatouch (I'm not a caps person) but I'm not sure if the difference is worth it.
87UW45FC660C EW

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #5653 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:00:55 »
I took these picutres for you to compare the heights:

Show Image

Show Image

And I took these videos (sorry don't have a tripod and tapped a little hard maybe):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnY3D6p1B8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y09YKbd0h_I

As for feels, I would say it's slightly more rigid, but the plastic is good enough.  I'd only buy this for the looks which is a good enough reason for me.

Thanks for all, this definitely interesting.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #5654 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 20:40:11 »
X post

Received my first HHKB today... I'm really missing my rf87u55g right now and sort of regretting the HHKB 8( it just doesn't have the 55g crispness to it. Everyone tells me to give it at least 2 weeks as it grows on you sigh... I shall try haha the layout is interesting and surprisingly isn't whats bothering me its the feel  >:D
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #5655 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 20:49:52 »
X post

Received my first HHKB today... I'm really missing my rf87u55g right now and sort of regretting the HHKB 8( it just doesn't have the 55g crispness to it. Everyone tells me to give it at least 2 weeks as it grows on you sigh... I shall try haha the layout is interesting and surprisingly isn't whats bothering me its the feel  >:D

I heard if you spend a few weeks on the board, after taking off the artisans, and putting them in a baggie, aaaaand mailing them to me, you will be able to make a true informed opinion!

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5656 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:07:30 »
X post

I'm in the same boat. However the sound of the modifier keys and space bar on the HHKB is divine which is why it still has a place on my desk as my secondary board for now.  ^-^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5657 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:09:19 »
X post

there is nothing better than 55g.

but the HHKB's size/layout is untouchable that it would be a crime not to give it time to enjoy. i've learned to live with 45g because of it.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5658 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:11:31 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:22:51 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5659 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:13:13 »
X post

but the HHKB's size/layout is untouchable that it would be a crime not to give it time to enjoy. i've learned to live with 45g because of it.

but doesn't the earth's rotation actuate 45g topre?

no that's 30g.

45g you need your cat to fart from the next room

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5660 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:13:43 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:22:48 by alienman82 »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #5661 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:14:11 »
X post

demik, you need to get good and do the 55g mod.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5662 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:15:34 »
X post

I heard if you spend a few weeks on the board, after taking off the artisans, and putting them in a baggie, aaaaand mailing them to me, you will be able to make a true informed opinion!

seems legit

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5663 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:17:22 »
X post

not the same man.

plate mount > case mount

i dont want to hate both my loves by having them mate, nahmsayin'?

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #5664 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:19:27 »
X post

not the same man.

plate mount > case mount

plate mounted hhkb = endgame
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #5665 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:21:17 »
Where's nubbs damn it, he'll be my white knight and defend the honour of case mount...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5666 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 21:27:03 »
X post

not the same man.

plate mount > case mount

plate mounted hhkb = endgame
what this scrub said.

WHICH IM SURPRISED HE QUOTED ME BECAUSE HE DOESNT EVEN TALK TO ME ANYMORE I H8 U BUT I MISS U

Where's nubbs damn it, he'll be my white knight and defend the honour of case mount...

nubs knows better than argue hhkb with me. he was wrong once, and he'll be wrong again.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5667 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 22:36:27 »

nubs knows better than argue hhkb with me. he was wrong once, and he'll be wrong again.

Plate mount Topre sucks.  It's similar to the N64 controller.  You only put up with its bull**** because other stuff out there sucks more.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5668 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 01:43:29 »
X post

I'm in the same boat. However the sound of the modifier keys and space bar on the HHKB is divine which is why it still has a place on my desk as my secondary board for now.  ^-^

The sound of the shift and enter key is like sex. One of my favourite things about the HHKB. Gotta agree that 55g is much more crisp then a std. HHKB. I can't wait to try a HHKB in an aluminium case :)

Edit: Not enough pics recently, so here is a shot I think came out really nicely.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 01:47:31 by atlas3686 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5669 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 02:00:30 »

Plate mount Topre sucks.  It's similar to the N64 controller.  You only put up with its bull**** because other stuff out there sucks more.

me + you + small world ride. lets settle this like strange men

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #5670 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 05:48:14 »

ahhhh its good to be back  :)) I missed this !!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5671 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 06:02:48 »
X post

The sound of the shift and enter key is like sex. One of my favourite things about the HHKB. Gotta agree that 55g is much more crisp then a std. HHKB. I can't wait to try a HHKB in an aluminium case :)

Edit: Not enough pics recently, so here is a shot I think came out really nicely.
Show Image

dear god I need that cap lol

Glad to see another picture of one though :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5672 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:11:10 »

Are you bringing the lube or am I?

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5673 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:32:10 »
X post

Show Image

dear god I need that cap lol

Glad to see another picture of one though :P

It's my favourite V2, got it recently in trade. I have another pic I will post in the gallery soon.

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #5674 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:39:29 »
X post

that is sexy

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #5675 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:43:51 »
X post

Show Image

What's that called?  It almost looks like a Julysicle BB.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5676 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:53:40 »
X post

Show Image

very nice shot, atlas.. and very nice V2.. congrats!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5677 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 11:11:24 »
Thanks Belfong :)

Cooldiscretion, it's the spirit of freedom V2.

Just posted a shot of it in the gallery.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5678 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 11:34:27 »

Are you bringing the lube or am I?
Where we are going we won't need lube ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #5679 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 11:44:06 »
X post

I have both but I really only like the HHKB Type-S or HHKB silence-modded. I love both layout and currently ponder if I should silence mod the RF 55g. Because i REALLY  don't want to alter the feeling and it's "A BIT" different on the FC660C I modded :x
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #5680 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 13:07:24 »

Anybody can trade me one more gamer set for me to complete my board?  :rolleyes:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5681 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:08:21 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:22:21 by alienman82 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5682 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:08:47 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:22:18 by alienman82 »

Offline bubs

« Reply #5683 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 09:26:08 »
http://imgur.com/a/bB9ff

now i just want to get a couple cool modifier keys

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5684 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 10:32:37 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:22:12 by alienman82 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #5685 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 12:05:16 »
Its been awhile, but I always seem to come back to the HHKB.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #5686 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 12:20:11 »
Its been awhile, but I always seem to come back to the HHKB.

Show Image

so sexy ghost that Tahiti is straight baller !!!!!!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5687 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 13:22:21 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:22:04 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5688 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 01:44:09 »
X post

Show Image

Excellent lighting!

Excellent board :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #5689 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 14:11:28 »
So many beautiful Topre babies have been posted in here since I last posted in here over a month ago. 4 pages worth!!!

Please excuse me for not posting to each individual one :( They are all so beautiful ~ So very very good ~

I <3 Youz ~ Topre Luv ~

~~~

I recently re-did my HHKB theme a lil', so I took a few photos ~

Green arrow cluster, White scroll keys, and White lock keys ~

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #5690 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 14:23:49 »
So many beautiful Topre babies have been posted in here since I last posted in here over a month ago. 4 pages worth!!!

Please excuse me for not posting to each individual one :( They are all so beautiful ~ So very very good ~

I <3 Youz ~ Topre Luv ~
Show Image

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That is beautiful vesper. I have tears in my eyes its so pretty.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5691 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 14:59:00 »

You're too kind, breh ~ I just tried for something less-extravagant than my last :P Glad you like it!

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #5692 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 14:59:55 »

You're too kind, breh ~ I just tried for something less-extravagant than my last :P Glad you like it!

I am a fan of plan and simple so that might be why I liked this :')

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5693 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:10:22 »
It's a shame pfu still sells broken HHKBs

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5694 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:24:25 »

I'm a fan of you, so that might be why I like you ;)

It's a shame your sense, eyes, and thumbs are broken. SMH.

GET GOOD, BREH.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5695 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:28:16 »

I <3 Youz ~ Topre Luv ~
Show Image

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Vesper, your topre game is always on point. I like the fresh design! Your amazing topre cap collection makes the rest of GH jealous, you have so many unique designs to choose from!  :)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #5696 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:29:46 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5697 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:31:24 »

It's a shame your sense, eyes, and thumbs are broken. SMH.

GET GOOD, BREH.
Mind if I use your pictures? I'm going to file a class action lawsuit towards pfu for selling clearly broken space bars. Poor souls like yourself got tricked into believing this is how a board should be. Smfh very irresponsible pfu

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5698 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 16:54:20 »
Vesper, your topre game is always on point. I like the fresh design! Your amazing topre cap collection makes the rest of GH jealous, you have so many unique designs to choose from!  :)

m8, you tryin' to seduce me? You're making my GH ego mega inflate right now, breh. You. Me. Babies. Let's make'm.

Show Image

You want in on this? I'm down for a Ménage à trois.

Mind if I use your pictures? I'm going to file a class action lawsuit towards pfu for selling clearly broken space bars. Poor souls like yourself got tricked into believing this is how a board should be. Smfh very irresponsible pfu

Please do send. I would love to see their response back. Who knows, they might end up selling all the HHKB's with flipped spacebars after that. They might even send me checks every month!

You ain't gettin' in on this gangbang we havin' until you get your act together, son.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5699 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 17:05:49 »
Sweet jesus Vesper! That Green Goblin set is gorgeous!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done