Author Topic: [IC]MW Barista | Real pictures of collab products and vendors announcement  (Read 39535 times)

Offline hongoo

288416-0

Hello everyone. This is Het from OneKey Studio.
Welcome to the IC for our new set – Barista.

OneKey is a studio that all members are designers. Projects we put out are from collective ideas. We hope our designs can bring you a unique experience.
One key for you.

Inspiration
My first job was at Starbucks. One year after, I entered the specialty coffee industry and worked as a barista for a long time. It's a job worth doing.
Although I left that career new, my passion remains unchanged. Since this is my first set, I’ve chosen “barista” as the theme.

Time line
2022.03.06   keycaps sampling
                   desk mat02 in process
2022.03.10   color correction
2022.03.22  switch color reference
2022.04.10  numpad text correction
2022.04.23  mods text  correction
2022.04.30  international kit
2022.06.29  new render of 40s/ international/ cuppings
2022.07.19  desk mat collab
2022.07.25  alternative color alpha
2022.07.30  renders of desk mats
2022.08.18  new vendors and real pictures

About R41u – the “Coffee mark”:
More
288418-1
As a barista, you need to learn and try new things constantly. Some of us developed a habit of carrying notebooks and making coffee notes. After writing down all information about the coffee, flip the cup and leave a mark on that note.  It's like a passport of coffee.

Color design
288420-2

Kitting

Base
Basic base set supporting most 87% and 75% WKLs
288422-3

40s base
Provide exclusively for 40% users.
288424-4
(unchanged from last update, new 40s in progress)

Novelties
Five basic latte art patterns and the tools are often used.
288426-5

Accent
Offering color variations of the Arrow keys and space bars.
288428-6

Number pad
Offering number pad with touch-typing 5 key.
288430-7

Space bars
Different size space bars fitting your needs.
288432-8

Cupping milk
288434-9

Cupping drip
288436-10

International kit
288438-11

About cupping
More
Coffee cupping as known as cup tasting is how coffee is tasted by producers and buyers around the world to check the quality of a batch of coffee. Baristas usually use the same brewing method and cups for different coffees in cupping. Coffees are scored for aspects such as cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel, and aftertaste.

Renders

Chalice from mugitya
288440-12

nagare80 from onekey
288442-13

nagare80 from onekey-side
288444-14

nagare80 from onekey-front
288446-15

s65m from sam-side
288448-16

s65m from sam-front
288450-17

spring from owlab
288452-18

Accessories

Desk Mat
289603-19
289605-20

Collab desk mat
289607-21

Screw tray V2
Coffee mark special edition.
289609-22

Collaborations

Switch from Designer studio
289611-23

Open for other collaborations. If you are interested, please contact us through Discord.(Link at top)

Vendors

CH             MILKYWAY
US             Mechs&co
 AUS           Switchkeys
  CA             Kanatakeys
    EU             Mechjunkies
   SG              qwertyqop
   Ita              Coffeekeys
    UK              MechMods
 ROK             Swagkeys
 ID                Mechaland

General Info
PBT
Dye-sub
cherry

GB date:

August, 2022

Pricing:

TBA

alternative color alpha
289613-24

Real pictures of the Barista switch
290379-25
290381-26

Real pictures of the Barista cable
290796-27
290798-28
290800-29
290802-30

collab metal cap with esc・lab
290804-31
290806-32
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 August 2022, 10:25:28 by hongoo »

Offline Rpmorrison10

Re: [IC] MW Barista
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 06:56:12 »
You got a lot going on in your 40’s kit. You have a lot of normal base kit sized mods (r3? 1.5 tab, 1.75 caps lock) which yes they come in 40’s, but those 40’s are designed around using the base kit and not using a 40’s kit. You also have a 1.5u enter but you’re missing the r2 1.75u backspace to go along with it.

Offline ptaatp

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 10:21:53 »
Wow, two of my favourite things combined. Excited for this. Good luck!

Offline matthewdias

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 13:02:31 »
40s kit needs quite a few changes:

- remove r1 Pipe
- add r2 1u Delete
- add r2 1.75u Backspace
- change to Backspace instead of Bkspace
- remove r3 1.5u Tab
- change r3 1.25u Control to Code
- remove both caps lock keys
- add 1u r3 enter
- add 1u r3 accent enter
- remove 1.75u Control
- add 1 more r4 1u Alt
- change 1 1u Fn to Meta
- make all spacebars concave where manu allows
- consider making all bars alpha color by default

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 14:53:14 »
Any chance of seeing a color comparison to GMK Cafe?

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 20:35:55 »
set looks great  although i would be more interested if the whole set was the color of alphas or the whole set was the color of mods. in other words i like both colors but i dont like that mods and alphas are different colors
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline kioskhill45

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 23:45:28 »
There's something odd in the mods. I think the text is generally too big? Also lowercase p in things like Caps looks really off.

Offline hongoo

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 01:28:47 »
Wow, two of my favourite things combined. Excited for this. Good luck!
Thank you for your support!

Offline selsik

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 01:38:58 »
This looks super nice. Looking forward to it.
Topre >>> MX

Offline hongoo

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 01:47:00 »
You got a lot going on in your 40’s kit. You have a lot of normal base kit sized mods (r3? 1.5 tab, 1.75 caps lock) which yes they come in 40’s, but those 40’s are designed around using the base kit and not using a 40’s kit. You also have a 1.5u enter but you’re missing the r2 1.75u backspace to go along with it.
40’s cases came in a large variety. This 40s kitting now is based on the information provided by manufacturers and collective opinions from some 40’s users. We will contact the manufacturer about the r2 1.75u backspace. Thank you so much for your advice. We will try to make it better.

Offline ImaSpacePotato

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 09:40:22 »
Looks great, I think it will pair beautifully with a Gent once they run R2.

Please keep the different mod and alpha colors, contrast is great. No idea why people want more boring uniform two tone designs.

Few minor things though:
The base kit already has the spacebar in the accent color. However, the spacebars kit has the spacebar in the same color as the alphas. While personally I would be covered by the Accents kit, I imagine some people who need some of the specialty keys from the spacebar kit may be a bit disappointed in not having the accent keys.

Not sure if it's a render issue, but the lowercase p in Super and Pg Up and the lowercase g in Pg Down and Up seem to be almost superscripted in a way? The font size seems to be smaller, and the position seems to be shifted up.

Similarly, Pause appears to be going off the cap slightly.

Offline hongoo

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 19:39:58 »
There are things in common in terms of theme, so the color choices are limited. However, we noticed that probability since the beginning of this project. We have compared the color of the real product of GMK cafe with our color samples, the difference is big enough. Thank you for your feedback. It is very appreciated.

Offline hongoo

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 21:31:50 »
40s kit needs quite a few changes:

- remove r1 Pipe
- add r2 1u Delete
- add r2 1.75u Backspace
- change to Backspace instead of Bkspace
- remove r3 1.5u Tab
- change r3 1.25u Control to Code
- remove both caps lock keys
- add 1u r3 enter
- add 1u r3 accent enter
- remove 1.75u Control
- add 1 more r4 1u Alt
- change 1 1u Fn to Meta
- make all spacebars concave where manu allows
- consider making all bars alpha color by default

-We will remove the r1 pipe.
-We will add r2 1u delete.
-We will add r2 1.75u backspace.
-For BKspace, “backspace” is too long for a 1.5u, we will try other forms.
-For r3 1.5u Tab, 1.25u control to code, caps lock, and 1.75u control. There are opinions saying that they want these keys. We will look into it and try to come up with a solution that fits most needs.
-We will add 1u r3 enter/accent enter, and one more r4 1u alt.
-For the last three things, we need to talk to the manufacture and see if these requirements can be satisfied.
Thank you very much for your advices! We are still learning about the 40’s kit. It's really helpful! New 40’s kit will be made next update.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 05:22:55 »
Not sure if it's a render issue, but the lowercase p in Super and Pg Up and the lowercase g in Pg Down and Up seem to be almost superscripted in a way? The font size seems to be smaller, and the position seems to be shifted up.

There's something odd in the mods. I think the text is generally too big? Also lowercase p in things like Caps looks really off.

This set looks really good, rare to see a dark alphas with light mods, so :thumb: but I also agree that the text size looks too big compared to GMK text mods. With dyesub you should absolutely be able to use a smaller font size. It should fix the fitting issues with some legends (e.g. Delete, Pg Up, Pg Dn, Lower, 1u Super)

I agree that the lowercase ‘p’ doesn’t look right, also in the Super keys.

The letter spacing for the Ctrl key also looks a bit wider than other legends, but that could just be me.

Overall, really nice looking set, but would be nicer if the text mods could be revised a little!
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 18:13:03 »
ahh i actually like this one better ;)

Offline haengwoonie

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 22:21:39 »
Set looks good! Also looking forward to the switches!

Offline MSA_Vision

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 08:15:03 »
Consider adding a 1u french press novelty and icon mods. As for a few other concerns already raised by other members, please make note of the font for text mods and the inconsistency with the Pg up and Pg Dn.

There are things in common in terms of theme, so the color choices are limited. However, we noticed that probability since the beginning of this project. We have compared the color of the real product of GMK cafe with our color samples, the difference is big enough. Thank you for your feedback. It is very appreciated.

It is evident that the set is nothing like gmk cafe, since the alphas are darker than the mods and I do agree that your colour choice is limited. Having said that, providing a simple colour comparison shouldn’t be difficult. Also if possible can you please share the pics of your colour samples, unless you were referring to a pantone color book. Very interested in the set all things considered, GLWIC!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 March 2022, 08:18:33 by MSA_Vision »
Sic Parvis Magna

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 12:41:49 »
latte guy here, would love to see an alt alpha kit that is basically the same as the modifiers.

Offline Designerstudio

• Keeb-related producer
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 12:48:40 »
It is a pleasure collaborating with OneKey Studio!
We are currently running tests and adjusting the specifications of the Barista Switches for the optimal typing experience.
We hope everyone will enjoy the switches! Thank you all! ;D
Discord:https://discord.gg/3TqZ2M8Hw2
Email: designerstudio@126.com
Wechat: DesignerStudio7

Offline hongoo

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 03:24:47 »

This set looks really good, rare to see a dark alphas with light mods, so :thumb: but I also agree that the text size looks too big compared to GMK text mods. With dyesub you should absolutely be able to use a smaller font size. It should fix the fitting issues with some legends (e.g. Delete, Pg Up, Pg Dn, Lower, 1u Super)

The letter spacing for the Ctrl key also looks a bit wider than other legends, but that could just be me.

Overall, really nice looking set, but would be nicer if the text mods could be revised a little!
We are very glad that you like the dark alpha look! The font used in this render is a new one to us. We are still making adjustments. We are also discussing the possibility of using icons for the mods instead of texts. These will be fixed in future updates.  Thank you for your support! Let's make it better!

Offline krey

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 06:10:43 »
looks good. excited to see where it lands at the end.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline JQ27

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 06:48:15 »
Would love to see some expanded international support for different layout options.

Offline AeternusCo

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 10:12:09 »
There are a few kitting issues with your 40s kit, I recommend asking for help in the 40s server

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 12:40:47 »
I love it and will buy it.
Would it be possible to do r5 instead of r4?

GMK cafe was too dark for me, alphas were practically black in real life, I hope these will be more like dark brown.
Mods look nice too.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 13:42:21 »

We are very glad that you like the dark alpha look! The font used in this render is a new one to us. We are still making adjustments. We are also discussing the possibility of using icons for the mods instead of texts. These will be fixed in future updates.  Thank you for your support! Let's make it better!
Oh that’s unfortunate about the icon mods. 
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline hongoo

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 08:31:50 »
Set looks good! Also looking forward to the switches!
Thank you for stopping by! We just finished the second sampling of the switches. And running tests with them. You can find more detailed information about what is gonging on in our discord community. Stay tuned. ;)

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 13:49:23 »
hm idk about icon mods either. and please do NOT force accent spacebar....

Offline hongoo

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 23:34:54 »
Consider adding a 1u french press novelty and icon mods. As for a few other concerns already raised by other members, please make note of the font for text mods and the inconsistency with the Pg up and Pg Dn.

It is evident that the set is nothing like gmk cafe, since the alphas are darker than the mods and I do agree that your colour choice is limited. Having said that, providing a simple colour comparison shouldn’t be difficult. Also if possible can you please share the pics of your colour samples, unless you were referring to a pantone color book. Very interested in the set all things considered, GLWIC!  :thumb:
Thank you for your support! We will try to add the french press and see if that works. As for the color comparison, It’s difficult to post because screens are different in terms of color settings. It’s not so good to put it in an IC. All we can do now is provide the Pantone numbers. Sorry for that. Although, we still appreciate your defense and support very much. Adjustments of the text are now in process. Stay tuned for future updates.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 10:14:42 »
colorscheme isn't for me but interesting design!

might look at the collab switches

Offline h.e03

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 11:53:08 »
Color scheme is gorgeous. Agree with others that the mods are off for some reason. Most notably that letter “p.”

Amazing if fixed, though.

Offline hongoo

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 13:02:53 »
There are a few kitting issues with your 40s kit, I recommend asking for help in the 40s server
Thank you! It is really helpful!

Offline hongoo

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 01:16:25 »

GMK cafe was too dark for me, alphas were practically black in real life, I hope these will be more like dark brown.
Mods look nice too.
Unfortunately, our manufacturer does not offer the r5 currently. However, we can talk with them and see what we can do about it. We are also trying to make a dark brown color, Just like the dripped coffee.  I will post the pictures in Discord as soon as the final color samples are out. Thank you for your support!  :thumb:

Offline phinix

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 03:48:25 »

Mods look nice too.
Unfortunately, our manufacturer does not offer the r5 currently. However, we can talk with them and see what we can do about it. We are also trying to make a dark brown color, Just like the dripped coffee.  I will post the pictures in Discord as soon as the final color samples are out. Thank you for your support!  :thumb:

Great, thanks. Ep, this is going to be pretty set, can't wait:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline peirypeily

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 16 March 2022, 17:03:10 »
I NEED THIS SETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline hongoo

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 00:03:37 »
hm idk about icon mods either. and please do NOT force accent spacebar....
Thank you for your support! We will keep the text mods. Update coming soon. :thumb:

Offline Malvix Studio

• Malvix Studio
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 02:12:54 »
Please, alice support in base! The extra B is already there, looking a little lonely. Otherwise looks great! Love me some coffee sets.

Offline hongoo

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 21 March 2022, 23:42:09 »
Please, alice support in base! The extra B is already there, looking a little lonely. Otherwise looks great! Love me some coffee sets.
Thank you for your support! We have received quite a few requests on the Alice support, however that will affect the pricing. We need to look into it more before making that change. Update coming soon. :thumb:

Offline quantumlocke

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 30 March 2022, 12:01:38 »
Looks great! I'll go give more detailed feedback in the IC, but I'll say here that the Novelty kit really needs to have an accent-colored R1.

I either like to have the "full" accent set of escape, enter, spacebar, or no accents at all. With the current kitting, that means I wouldn't purchase or use the novelties since there's no way I could have both novelties and accents. It would probably also help to have an alpha colored spacebar in the base kit as well, but my preference would be accents+novelties so I could live without that extra spacebar if you add in accent R1 novelty options.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 03 April 2022, 11:34:12 »
Thank you for your support! We have received quite a few requests on the Alice support, however that will affect the pricing. We need to look into it more before making that change. Update coming soon. :thumb:

major skank vibes from organizer.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2022, 12:22:48 by DaaDaa »

Offline superjackie

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 12:05:59 »
I love coffee! Very interested in this set. Looking forward to the GB! GB when?

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 14:16:45 »
I think the text mods here are fantastic. This is coming from someone who has to resist the urge to ask for icon mods on every IC set I'm interested in. Current alpha color isn't unacceptable, but I would agree that they may look better in a color that isn't so dark.

For novelties, it would be great if there was a latte art novelty in R4, so that standard 65/75 layouts with macros on the right side could use latte art from top to bottom.

I'm on the fence about picking up Cupping Milk. I probably will not with only 3 keys on r4. If there were 2 copies of each image on R4, macro columns with 5 rows would be able to use the same image top to bottom. Without that these might look nice to replace cursor control keys on a TKL, but would be unusable for me on macros.

Anyway, despite saying all that I'm in love with this set. Will be keeping an eye out for future updates.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 15:45:00 »
would prefer the mods being the colors of the alpha's and vice versa, overall nice set and its nice to see people using companies other than GMK for their sets

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 16:53:43 »
I think the alpha colour is 100% nailed for what it's supposed to be (coffee). Dont make it clearer it would ruin it and make it "brown" instead of "coffee".

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 17:59:07 »
Loving the 40s kit

Offline Xherion

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 03:20:16 »
I think a latte colored R1 novelty is missing......

Offline superjackie

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 16 April 2022, 03:34:08 »
gb when

Offline ^prince

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 16 April 2022, 04:16:51 »
Really digging the accent colour, glwgb!

Offline phinix

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 16 April 2022, 07:59:26 »
Can we have 6u spacebar for Topre keyboards?

Offline hongoo

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 21:39:33 »

Offline hongoo

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 21:49:36 »
Can we have 6u spacebar for Topre keyboards?
Let me talk to MW and reach you after.