Author Topic: [IC] FR4 and Carbon Fibre plates for PIZZA65 - UPDATE: FINAL DAYS OF IC  (Read 7200 times)

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
PIZZA65 plate IC

This is NOT a render, this is a pic of one of the prototype plates mounted in the PIZZA65  :thumb:

UPDATE
Protoypes recieved by Pizza Keyboards and they fit perfectly!
Click below to see some photos they sent over of the finalised plates mounted in the boards
More

One thing we spotted is that our plates do hot have countersunk screw holes and this is generally not advisable as it adds cost and weekens the plates, especially with carbon fibre.
Instead i have the ISO code for the screws that the PIZZA is supplied with and i will be including screws with a non countersunk head that will work perfectly.

Hey all, after joining the PIZZA65 GB myself i immediately started working on getting some carbon fiber plates made for a couple of funky SMK65 PCB builds. I've run a couple of GBs for KBDfans 8x and 67 plates in CF with the same manufacturer and it's allways been fast, high quality and i've recieved loads of very happy customer feedback.
Check out a few pics from a previous KBDfans plate GB here https://imgur.com/a/cgcA5Gy
So i thought i'd offer you the opportunity to jump in on this little plate IC. The target is start of Jan for the GB to commence with a two week window for orders. Manufacturing will be approx two weeks and about the same for shipping. ETA on orders recieved by customers would be mid Feb.
As well as offering the plates in woven carbon fiber i'd also like to hear if there's much interest in blank FR4 plates for those who just love the thock!

In addition to the support offered by the PIZZA65 PCB i have also built in a little additional bottom row support for the full plate.
This gives you some nice split space options for PCBs like the KBD67 MKII PCB etc

Prototypes have already been made and i've shipped one of each to the Pizza guys. Awaiting feedback and photos as we speak.

The IC form is now closed

Plate layout options are as follows:

Fixed ANSI half plate with the below layout compatability

Fixed ISO half plate with the below layout compatability

Universal full plate with the below layout compatability

Heres a sample pic of the fixed ISO option and my own fixed ISO full plate, just to see examples of the work.

Here's a pic of the materials i'll be offering

Plate materials being offered on this GB
  • Black 1.5mm blank FR4
  • Semi-gloss 1.5mm woven carbon fiber

Layout options on offer
  • Fixed ANSI half plate
  • Fixed ISO half plate
  • Universal full plate with enhanced compatability

Pricing is in the IC form FYI, obviously need to see how the IC goes before i can lock in pricing with manufacturer.

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 February 2021, 14:46:51 by NorrittMTG »

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
Re: [IC] FR4 and Carbon Fiber plates for PIZZA65
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 10:09:17 »
This gb just happened. Can you not wait until these start shipping before you try to make money using someone else's work?

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 10:12:33 »
This gb just happened. Can you not wait until these start shipping before you try to make money using someone else's work?

Hi dude, thanks for the reply.
I’m doing this with the support of Pizza Keyboards who are totally behind the plate GB.
The reason for doing this now is to try and ensure PIZZA’s customers receive the plates around the same time as they receive their boards  :thumb:

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 17:43:55 »

He said in the post that he's in on the Pizza group buy and indicated contact with the creators of that board. Can we please just let designers indicate when they feel wronged before we pull out the pitchforks? Ain't nobody out here getting rich doing this.

This kneejerk hostility at the start of every IC is getting old.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 15:54:50 »
At Pizza Keyboards we love to give everyone the opportunity to customize their keebs as much as they want, when Norrit asked us if he could run a  Group Buy for some carbon plates for the Pizza65 we gladly accepted.
He sent us some plates to test and take some pictures, they are very nice and fit perfectly.
Even if we are not associated with him we really hope he will continue with this project and we would like if more third parties maker will produce accesories for our products  :thumb:

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 16:09:56 »
Great job my friend. I am happy to see collaborations and positive effort happening. I am excited to see how Pizza65 turns out.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 17:00:29 »
Thanks guys, can’t wait to get some lovely photos through too.  ;D

Offline veelut

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 18:34:05 »
this is actually hype. i'm on the GB for the pizza65 as well. unfortunately, i am not interested in these plate materials but i do wish you good luck with IC!

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
Re: [IC] FR4 and Carbon Fibre plates for PIZZA65 - UPDATE: Prototype pics
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 07:49:40 »
Protoype pics recieved from Pizza Keyboards and added to the post  :thumb:

Offline paulh

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 23:00:46 »
I'm looking forward to both GB's and glad both will be rolling out around the same time instead of a year apart.  Would it be cool if a group of us in the US made a joint purchase to save shipping costs?

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 04:34:58 »
I'm looking forward to both GB's and glad both will be rolling out around the same time instead of a year apart.  Would it be cool if a group of us in the US made a joint purchase to save shipping costs?

Hi dude,
FYI the PIZZA65 GB concluded a little while ago, though I know the Pizza guys are planning on having some in stock after the GB units have shipped so you should have no problem grabbing one.

For these plates you can absolutely group together and place a larger order.
The plates will be sold through my storefront www.keeblube.co.uk
Send me an email via the site contact address and let me know how many plates you’re thinking of.
I’ll be able to offer some discount based on QTY.

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
Re: [IC] FR4 and Carbon Fibre plates for PIZZA65 - UPDATE: FINAL DAYS OF IC
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 14:00:25 »
Closing in two days time guys :0 if you havent already please fill out the IC

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
Re: [IC] FR4 and Carbon Fibre plates for PIZZA65 - UPDATE: FINAL DAYS OF IC
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 11:09:45 »
GB is live
Head over here to grab yours https://keeblube.co.uk/collections/group-buys
You'll also find the GB for KBD8x/67/pad plates live alongside  :thumb: