Author Topic: [IC] Triviumtek - Weaven Round 3  (Read 26940 times)

Offline pear_voz

[IC] Triviumtek - Weaven Round 3
« on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:19:19 »
Triviumtek Weaven

Hello everyone, since the MP/Challenge GB is moving forward and I got a lot of request to run another round of Weaven keyboard so I think it's safe to do so. But as you may know, we release it 5 years ago and we will have to change a little bit in order to make it compatible with the modern PCB. Beside that, We're currently design a newer version of it but it will take a few months since we've just start the work 2 days ago.

In conclusion, we're having 3 options:
1. Keep the original design, just change the PCB design so it can fit inside the frame.
2. Making a slightly modified version of it, I can keep the design 80% like old one and add some functions, options with backward compatible with the old board.
3. Waiting for a newer version of it.

The 1st option is the cheapest and easiest for me, I can still keep the price under 250$
The 2nd option is still easy but the price will be around the 300$ mark
I don't have enough information to talk about the 3rd option right now but it's promising lol.

I'd love to hear you guys opinions. Thank you so much.

Join our discord channel for quick update: https://discord.gg/7bsZbnQ

Here's the form so you can vote: https://forms.gle/5zkXavHZjR3mP2UC6

Jul 15: Early photo of the HHKB version

« Last Edit: Tue, 14 July 2020, 12:15:21 by pear_voz »
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Alessio

• YT Channel
Re: [IC] Triviumtek - Weaven Round 3
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:21:52 »
I remember reading about Weaven a long time ago, glad to see you're going to be working on a new version of it.

What changes do you have planned for this next round? Very interested to see where this goes.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:24:43 »
I would 100% be in for a run of the original version again. Great board and price.

FYI - the google forms link is not working presently.

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:35:45 »
I would 100% be in for a run of the original version again. Great board and price.

Thank you, I updated the link :D
I remember reading about Weaven a long time ago, glad to see you're going to be working on a new version of it.

What changes do you have planned for this next round? Very interested to see where this goes.

The new PCB has a daughter board with USB type C and the ability to relocate it so I will change the long bar design in accordance to it, beside that we can have name tag, poly bottom plate or something like that, and it will compatible with the original design board.
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:40:23 »

Thank you, I updated the link :D

The new PCB has a daughter board with USB type C and the ability to relocate it so I will change the long bar design in accordance to it, beside that we can have name tag, poly bottom plate or something like that, and it will compatible with the original design board.

While all of those things sound really cool, I kinda dig the fact that you can use off-the-shelf PCBs with this case originally and don't require a daughter board design. Voting on the form now. Thanks!

Offline kw88

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:52:39 »
original design for any 60% pcb is great
daughter board is not great

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:56:25 »
A THOUSAND TIMES YES

do a version with HHKB blockers PLEASE
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2020, 15:09:56 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Undrcontrl

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:59:43 »
After having 5 weavens and still owning 2... MY GOD YES!!

While I greatly appreciate the original design, which is why I owned so many, I would not be opposed to slight modifications as long as the base idea is the same.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 15:12:26 »
Would be neat to see revised version from which we could get individual parts (like blockers, accent colors, different plates), for those who already own a board from a previous round.

I really like mine.
More

Offline un_related

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 15:22:11 »
I'm quite interested. I love the compatibility of the original, and I want another one.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 15:28:22 »
It's back :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 15:43:51 »
Weaven is back? inb4 boomers circlejerk :D
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 16:05:51 »
I'm in regardless, but I would kill for an HHKB version

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 16:10:14 »
Voting for OG, but I'm not opposed to a few changes.

Offline garbo

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 16:23:41 »
I think it would be good to see the gap around the keycap edges tightened, but that would probably mean losing backwards compatibility. (There might also be a good reason for the gap to have existed in the first place - I know the original cases have an unusual construction)

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 16:41:57 »
Weaven is back? inb4 boomers circlejerk :D

Get off my lawn! ;)

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 21:30:25 »
Thank you guys for loving it, so for this round, we will have the original design with optional hhkb bottom bar and a few updated individual parts with backward compatible. I will start the work today, everything should be done after 2 weeks then we will run a GB. Now it's time for colorway voting :D
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 21:52:12 »
A THOUSAND TIMES YES

do a version with HHKB blockers PLEASE

and also split space

i would never need to buy another keyboard if you did that
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 22:15:26 »
Thank you guys for loving it, so for this round, we will have the original design with optional hhkb bottom bar and a few updated individual parts with backward compatible. I will start the work today, everything should be done after 2 weeks then we will run a GB. Now it's time for colorway voting :D

Awesome!

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 00:00:59 »
Yooo, I remember seeing this when I first got into the hobby, would have been a dream board for me back then, and although I'm probably not going to buy it this time, I thinks it's still super awesome to see a r2 of it!
Great job, and good luck with the GB moving forward :thumb:

Offline leavenember

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 01:20:34 »
and also split space

+1 on split space

Offline Undrcontrl

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 05:24:03 »

and also split space

i would never need to buy another keyboard if you did that

Agreed on this. One of my current has been modded to fit a split space but to have an original that doesn't need the extra work would be a dream. Really should just need an adjustment to the plate file bottom row, no?

Offline Bits

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 05:44:45 »
My weaven time will finally come! I've loved the look of this board for a few yrs but never had one myself.

I'd like to +1 on the split space while I'm at it too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2020, 05:46:51 by Bits »

Offline JCraftCables

• Instagram
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 06:50:11 »
I would suggest doing a modern design spin of the original version. I'm sure people will appreciate the innovation and design :)

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 12:02:54 »
Okay, I'll add split space to the bucket list. We're working on it right now, expecting 1st render at the end of the week. Also, I'm thinking about color combination for it and I'd love to hear suggestion from you guys :3 

About the all new version of Weaven: We''re working on it but we won't see it until November.
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Undrcontrl

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 13:46:30 »
Okay, I'll add split space to the bucket list. We're working on it right now, expecting 1st render at the end of the week. Also, I'm thinking about color combination for it and I'd love to hear suggestion from you guys :3 

About the all new version of Weaven: We''re working on it but we won't see it until November.

In my opinion, I would love to see some more two-tone colors that do not involve black. I know they exist in the first couple runs but I have had 5 so far and all had black as a base and then red/gold/blue/silver, etc. Would love to see something different, doesn't matter what, to a degree.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 15:21:31 »

black/silver/grey and then like 2 or 3 "dealer's choice" colors should be fine

if it were my choice, i'd pick 2 of red, blue, gold, purple, and pink

all ano for ease of QC

Offline AuDiTH

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 16:10:48 »
Would love to see green or purple options this round if possible
SSK | AEK64 | TX-CP | HHKB | Acrylic Pearl | Duck Orion V3 | LZ MP | Kyuu Sakura
Currently joined GBs:
GMK British Racing Green
GMK ThinkCaps
SA 8010

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 22:28:30 »
Wouldn't mind seeing red/silver !

Offline SomeGreekGuy

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 02:40:45 »
I love the build concept of the Weaven, but I don't think I'd be too comfortable on a 60%.
imo, seeing a new layout like a 65%, or even a "comact 660" like the Think6.5 would be nice, without requiring drastic changes to the existing design.

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 03:16:11 »
I love the build concept of the Weaven, but I don't think I'd be too comfortable on a 60%.
imo, seeing a new layout like a 65%, or even a "comact 660" like the Think6.5 would be nice, without requiring drastic changes to the existing design.
Yes, it's easy to change layout to 65̀̀ or 75 without changing the design too much. But the problem is we will need to meet MOQ if we're going that route. If we can get 30 or 40 kits, it would be easy.
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline beekey

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 05:57:00 »
Nice, HHKB would be nice. Also maybe link to some of the older material. Not everybody was around when you ran the first two rounds.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 13:03:07 »
Yes, it's easy to change layout to 65̀̀ or 75 without changing the design too much. But the problem is we will need to meet MOQ if we're going that route. If we can get 30 or 40 kits, it would be easy.

65 is wildly popular so it should be doable

run it separately to the 60 though

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 13:12:14 »

65 is wildly popular so it should be doable

This. Doing a 65% would sell very well. 75 might be a stretch. Selling 30-40 cases likely wouldn't be hard in today's market.

run it separately to the 60 though
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2020, 13:16:28 by Visionaire »

Offline MoistNachos

• twitter
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 13:32:53 »
yess this board is definitely making it into my budget. will be lookin' out for it thanks for running it again!

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 20:59:26 »
This's the 1st photo of the hhkb version:
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 21:04:20 »
Show Image

That looks great  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 21:20:11 »
Show Image

this is good, i'm not sure how i feel about asymmetrical blockers though

Offline outlawdsx

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 21:20:34 »
Show Image

Looking super slick! Love the colors. Filled out the form and I'm excited to see future updates.

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 21:45:49 »
Show Image

Looking super slick! Love the colors. Filled out the form and I'm excited to see future updates.

We also have the symmetrical version too, a few things will change here and there but basically, it will look similar to this :D I've added the light bar at the side part, we'll have it soon :D
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 12:16:15 »
I've just updated the link to our discord channel, come and join us guys!
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 07:41:37 »
Holy fkkknuts, I dismissed this for lack of hhkb option but this looks killer! I normally hate prominent logos but I don't even mind on this one

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 11:38:53 »
Holy fkkknuts, I dismissed this for lack of hhkb option but this looks killer! I normally hate prominent logos but I don't even mind on this one

Actually, the Weaven name will be on the back, near the USB port. We will have a logo at that spot, stay tuned
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 11:44:07 »
I kinda dig the asymmetrical HHKB layout. Adds to the industrial look imo. Plus I love the look of actual HHKBs too so :thumb:

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 11:56:05 »
At first I think the symmetrical one would be better but now I don't know lol, it just looks right haha.
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 12:02:45 »
woooow the true hhkb layout is fantastic! I'll absolutely go for that one, that's a dream! asymmetrical > symmetrical

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 13:06:33 »
woooow the true hhkb layout is fantastic! I'll absolutely go for that one, that's a dream! asymmetrical > symmetrical
I agree here. I'm down for either asymm or symm, but I think I would prefer the asymm if my vote mattered

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 22:37:33 »
We'll make both, don't worry guys
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 01:11:12 »
We'll make both, don't worry guys

:thumb:

Offline menuhin

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 01:14:31 »
Thumbs up for a 6u True-HHKB layout!
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]