Author Topic: Tealios V2 Switches from KBDfans  (Read 1846 times)

Offline roguesystem087

Tealios V2 Switches from KBDfans
« on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 04:57:04 »
Hello fellow geekhackers,

Due to covid, ordering switches from Zeal PC will take forever to arrive,
and international shipping is really unpredictable at the moment.
So I decided to order from KBDfans, because they stock zeal switches and also shipping is sometimes free to HK.

And this is what I received :

Take a moment to watch the video if you don't mind,
Cos for some odd reason the KBDfans tealios is extremely wobbly. So much so that the wobble is literally visible from a distance.
I noticed this shortly after lubing and switch filming, because no matter what I did, the wobble would have an weird sound on the upstroke.

Luckily I have some tealios v2 that's i ordered from zeal PC ages ago and I also have their turqoise tealios to compare (turqoise not the best comparison). But as you can tell from the vid, the wobblyness is dramatically different.
The Marking on the tip of the stem is also on a slightly different position on the KBDfans tealios.

If anyone happens to have any experience from ordering tealios from them and if you are able to compare to zeal pc tealios,
It would be great if i can hear from you just to see if its me that's doing something wrong,
or... ... wah dunno.

As of this moment kbdfans has informed me that these are genuine switches and have no issues.
So the 100 USD that I spent has been locked in already, nothing I can do from here.
Not sure if i can post this on off topic session, but hopefully this kind of post here is okay.
Not venting, more of an FYI or if someone knows something, would appreciate a comment.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
Re: Tealios V2 Switches from KBDfans
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 13:54:56 »
Is there a difference in smoothness?

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 22:43:02 »
a little bit yea, but very similar to tealios v2 overall in terms of smoothness.
The wobble and the sound tho is dramatically different.

Offline jamster

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 01:05:17 »
Perhaps stating the obvious, but have you tried contacting Henry over a ZealPC?

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 09:52:08 »
yea no response, i ordered some tealios from zeal pc just a few days ago tho,
either way i'll get my build completed, but basically doubled down on just switches : (

i'll probs do a may/june 2020 follow up comparison to the zeal pc tealios versus the kbdfans tealios.