Author Topic: [IC] Prevail Deskmat Collection  (Read 2807 times)

Offline swagtronx

[IC] Prevail Deskmat Collection
« on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 18:53:21 »

Prevail Key Co.

This is an IC for running our first deskmat collection, we had a few pieces of original art commissioned by two talented artists. We are sticking with our knight, sword/shield theme and wanted to try something different with a couple of them.

The artwork with the most votes will go to group buy so that every one who wants one, has the chance to purchase it. The other two will most likely be bought up front in limited quantities and sold in-stock on our shop. This is assuming there's enough interest for these deskmats, we appreciate all feedback so please be honest in the IC.

Also, the artist that did the art chosen for the group buy will get a royalty per deskmat sold. Shoutout to Siefl and SkySunnymq for taking on these commissions and being wonderful, talented & patient artists. We personally love all three and how they turned out, if there's not enough interest then we will take all feedback and go back to the drawing board (pun intended).

Prevail Knight - Art by Siefl

Sword & Shield - Art by Siefl

Chibi Knight - Art by SkySunnyMQ

IC Form

Samples for all three have already been ordered, even if there's low interest, we would rather front the cost and ensure good quality before the GB happens. Expedited shipping was included, should have the samples in hand within 7-10 days (they will be made & shipped prior to the manu going on holiday).

Feel free to leave questions or comments here, or the IC form and thanks in advance for filling it out.

Website | Discord |Reddit

Deskmat Specs

900x400x5mm (subject to change if majority of IC wants 3mm or 4mm)

Cloth top, black rubber bottom

Black stitched edges

$20-25 retail cost for each mat, will NOT go above $25 (Thinking $20 for GB mat, $25 for any in-stock)

Updates - 2.10.2021

I will most likely do a limited in-stock sale of all three mats instead of dealing with a group buy, more information to come

Deskmat samples arrived! The minimalist mat came out slightly fuzzy, working with the artist on this, the other two look amazing. Deskmat sample pictures can be seen here --> https://imgur.com/a/Vp9lcHi

It could be my eyeballs, it looks slightly fuzzy in the picture but IRL it looks pretty good. Still going to see if maybe making the icons slightly larger makes them more crisp.

Update - 2.24.2021

I've decided to open up all three mats for a fulfillment sale. There is no MOQ to hit and the unlimited GB will run for the month of March. I'm having some of the colors adjusted on the Chibi Knight mat and the icons on the sword/shield mat to be a bit more crisp. Updated samples will be ordered during the GB and quality will be ensured before commencing mass production, ETA from end of GB to fulfillment is 2-3 months. The mats will be 900x400x5mm with black stitched edges and a waterproof coating on the top. These are not machine washable (clean by gently handwashing and airdrying only). Thanks for all who filled out the IC form!

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 22:27:52 by swagtronx »

Offline Anthixious

Re: [IC] Prevail Deskmat Collection
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 18:55:37 »
I'm definitely grabbing all 3 of these, I'm in love with every design.

Offline swagtronx

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 18:56:42 »
That's awesome! Thank you for your support  :)

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 19:04:41 »
5mm thick whew boy

Offline swagtronx

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 12:32:02 »
5mm thick whew boy

Yeah, wanting to see how it feels once the samples get here. It do be a bit thicc.

Offline swagtronx

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 08:05:19 »
Samples have arrived, 5mm thiccness is amazing, love it.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 11:51:49 »
What a thicc mat