Author Topic: Matias Quiet Pro Spacebar chatter  (Read 1390 times)

Offline therecorder

Matias Quiet Pro Spacebar chatter
« on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 21:58:21 »
Removed the Spacebar and blew out the dust and dirt.  Chatter stopped for a day, and then returned.  Anyone else have this problem?  Anyone think that lubing the stabalizer might solve this issue?

Thanks

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Matias Quiet Pro Spacebar chatter
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 22:32:00 »
The chatter come from defective switch, lubing the stabilizer won't make a difference.  What you want to do is open the switch up and clean the inside to make sure everything is working properly.

Here's my lazy guide on how to open the Matias switche:

31069-0

31071-1

31073-2

lol if that still doesn't work then you might have to either:

1.  Call where you bought the keyboard and get it replaced.

2.  Buy a single switch off someone and get it switched yourself using the above method.

Good luck !

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline therecorder

Re: Matias Quiet Pro Spacebar chatter
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 22:42:00 »
Thanks much for the info...  I'll give it a try.  The reason I thought about lubing is because the stabilizer (which is similar to a costar) has a straight bar (versus a "u" in the middle of the costar bar), and seems like it could sometime rub or get caught on the switch housing.