Author Topic: My keyboard blog & collection (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻  (Read 6720 times)

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
My keyboard blog & collection (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
« on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 12:10:57 »
Hey guys!

I have been posting keyboard ramblings on my blog for a while now and thought it would be nice to make a thread for it here, anyone interested please check it out! - www.mechblog.org

So far, all of the posts have just been kinda pseudo-reviews of keyboards I own; I suck at taking photos and I tend to probably ramble on and repeat things but It's all just for fun. Maybe some people may find it interesting/entertaining/useful though! Any feedback is welcomed either way!
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 November 2014, 06:11:03 by b7ad »

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
Re: My keyboard blog & collection (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 12:12:54 »
New Post - Topre Silencing & Lubing

Some rambling about my opinion on different HHKB silencing techniques after trying out a few different ones. Anyone interested please check it out - www.mechblog.org

Also here - http://imgur.com/a/b8Zw7 is an album showing how to disassemble an HHKB for anyone that may need it.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 12:13:17 »
FANTASTIC collection! Im going to look more in detail at each board later also check out that blog. But LOVE the GON 60% and the HHKB JP! Also the JD40!  :cool:

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 12:15:29 »
FANTASTIC collection! Im going to look more in detail at each board later also check out that blog. But LOVE the GON 60% and the HHKB JP! Also the JD40!  :cool:

Thanks a lot Dustin, means a lot coming from you my friend!  :D

Offline salcan

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 14:56:16 »
Nice blog and awesome collection. I'll be checking in.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:11:12 »
Someday I hope my collection will be as nice as this.  :thumb:

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:13:12 »
Lovely collection. Which of your two silenced boards do you prefer the feel of? The JP or the type S?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 17:02:34 »
^ thanks!!

Lovely collection. Which of your two silenced boards do you prefer the feel of? The JP or the type S?

Thanks! I'd probably have to say the Type-S. The JP is definitely by far the quietest sounding board, it's literally silent and the Type-S+lube itself is quiet! The reduced travel distance makes it feel a little less tactile than the Type-S and a little more sensitive to type on as a result. I do quite like the way the slight reduction in key travel feels and am enjoying typing on such a silent board, but I may end up taking them out and just going stock&lube.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 05:57:44 »
Excellent collection!

I like the Ducky Shine especially, and switched back to give mine some use for a change :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 15:09:29 »
^ Thanks Rowdy! I haven't used my Shine at all as I quickly found out I don't like blue switches at all! It's a shame though the Shine's are very nice boards.

New Post - Some shots of the GON NerD TKL w/ Acrylic Housing - www.mechblog.org

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 15:12:19 »
Hey guys!

I have been posting keyboard ramblings on my blog for a while now and thought it would be nice to make a thread for it here, anyone interested please check it out! - www.mechblog.org

So far, all of the posts have just been kinda pseudo-reviews of keyboards I own; I suck at taking photos and I tend to probably ramble on and repeat things but It's all just for fun. Maybe some people may find it interesting/entertaining/useful though! Any feedback is welcomed either way!

Also I thought I may as well post my collection here too so here it is;

More
GON NS 38GT - ‘Korean Ergo Clear’; MX Clear, 62g gold springs, sticker and lube. Clipped Cherry stabs, Green alpha and case LED’s. MX White space bar and FN.
Show Image

Show Image

GON NS 87 - MX Black, Korean 62g springs, sticker and lube. MX Clear caps lock and pause/break. White case LED’s and blue LED’s on caps lock & pause/break.
Show Image

GON NerD TKL w/ Acrylic Housing - 'Korean Ergo Clear'; MX Clear, 62g springs, sticker and lube. Chinese red linear switch on space bar. Purple case LED's, Blue LED's on F-row and arrow cluster/right hand side of the board.
Show Image

Show Image

KMAC 1.3 Silver Winkeyless- MX Vintage Black, Korean 55g springs, sticker & lube. Pink LED’s on F1-4 & F9-12, Green LED’s on F5-8, Green LED’s on caps lock and right ctrl, White LED on ESC.
Show Image

LZ SE MX Mini #8 - ‘Korean Ergo Clear’; MX Clear, 65g springs, sticker & lube. Magenta LED on pause/break.
Show Image

Show Image

HHKB Pro JP - 45g, Lubed slider rails and plungers w/ Krytox GPL206/VPF1506 Mix, Re-lubed stabs with EK Stab Grease, Silenced with ironed soft landing pads.

HHKB Pro 2 - 45g

HHKB Pro 2 Type-S - 45g, Lubed slider rails and plungers w/ Krytox GPL206/VPF1506 Mix.
Show Image

Realforce 87u - 55g, matt3o MX stem mod on ESC.
Show Image

KBT Pure Limited - MX Reds
Show Image

Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Edition - MX Blue
Show Image

JD40 - MX Brown
Show Image

Currently not pictured;
Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL - MX Black
Poker 2 - MX Brown

Past Boards;
TEX Yoda - MX Brown
amazing collection sir, I really like your Gon NerD TKL. I kinda want to have my own custom keyboard as well but my lovely 55g HHKB is keeping me away from getting any other keyboards :p

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 15:21:00 »
amazing collection sir, I really like your Gon NerD TKL. I kinda want to have my own custom keyboard as well but my lovely 55g HHKB is keeping me away from getting any other keyboards :p

Thanks a lot!  ;D

I know the trials and tribs of being a part of the thorpe master race! I use my 55g RF at work and I absolutely love it, I was thinking about doing a 55g mod to an HHKB, but I actually personally prefer 45g over 55g, it's slightly too heavy for me, but perfect for typing at work as I don't type loads at once there and the snappy thock of the 55g is incredible. I'm very curious as to how the 55g HHKB feels though compared to the RF.

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 11:27:21 »
What a great collection! I don't know much about Korean customs, but I do know I want one someday! How do all the Korean boards compare in your experience?
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 11:43:01 »
I rlly dig the NS38 colorway.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 11:47:13 »
What color did you get for your NerD acryl case? semi-clear?

I'm trying to decide which color I want.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 14:42:46 »
What a great collection! I don't know much about Korean customs, but I do know I want one someday! How do all the Korean boards compare in your experience?

Thanks a lot! GON is definitely my favorite K-custom maker. In terms of build quality the LZ MX Mini is very nice, I thought the KMAC was heavy, the LZ is so damn heavy.

I rlly dig the NS38 colorway.

Thanks!

What color did you get for your NerD acryl case? semi-clear?

I'm trying to decide which color I want.

It's full semi-clear yes!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 23:25:22 »
Awesome collection. Which set is on the red 356 mini?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 23:37:18 »
oooOOOOOOO I want that LZ SE so bad

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 23:40:40 »
Show Image

This is the first board I saw with the GON acrylic housing and I've never been able to get it out of my head. It looks amazing!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done