Author Topic: [SOLD] IBM M13 - Deal of the Day  (Read 17172 times)

Offline JP

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 February 2020, 21:32:45 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Drake9800

Re: [SOLD] IBM M13 - Deal of the Day
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 19:16:34 »
This hurts, I had been looking at this seller last night and day before :(

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 00:12:40 »
LOL, JP you done it again.

That industrial is the one that I bought!

I have it too! I love it. :D

here's a pic of it all dressed up in new Unicomp Caps:

238477-0

238479-1

I got a bright white set, with green APL legends, looks great on the board, and is my favorite Model M I own. I'm being very careful to keep the caps bright white.

I'm debating replacing the grey caps for the nav cluster and home and end key cluster above that with green as well.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 00:19:24 »

I have it too! I love it. :D

I got a bright white set, with green APL legends, looks great on the board, and is my favorite Model M I own. I'm being very careful to keep the caps bright white.

I'm debating replacing the grey caps for the nav cluster and home and end key cluster above that with green as well.

Beautiful board. I'm somewhat jealous. I know a guy that has one. I imagine he'll never part with it. Maybe, if I traded him one of my F ATs.

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 10:23:57 »
(Attachment Link)

Very cool!

BTW is that white keys+green APL legends set of keycaps still for sale somewhere? (they're just the caps or caps+stem btw?)

I chit-chatt'ed the other day with JP in another thread... I've got a set of white keys from an Ambra I put on a NOS industrial shell.  Maybe I ll put these white caps on my real "AB" industrial. White keys on industrial shell gives the Model M quite a nice look IMHO.  Found it in a garage and just took another pic:240037-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2020, 10:26:23 by TacticalCoder »
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline JP

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 19:07:16 »
(Attachment Link)

Very cool!

BTW is that white keys+green APL legends set of keycaps still for sale somewhere? (they're just the caps or caps+stem btw?)

I chit-chatt'ed the other day with JP in another thread... I've got a set of white keys from an Ambra I put on a NOS industrial shell.  Maybe I ll put these white caps on my real "AB" industrial. White keys on industrial shell gives the Model M quite a nice look IMHO.  Found it in a garage and just took another pic: (Attachment Link)

I think you might be after the Unicomp's current APL keyset offering with blue sub-legends. I want a set for myself now.

https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/USAPLSET

Haha, glad someone here got it  :thumb:

Offline funkmon

Free
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:52:15 »
Guys, I just beat it. I picked up an M13 a while ago which was dirty as hell for $70, but he claimed it was working. So I got it, and lo and behold, the mouse doesn't work (because they're terrible and always break). Sent him a message saying I've got to send it in to Unicomp for a refurb, and asked if he would partially refund my monies. That absolute legend refunded me the whole purchase including shipping.

That's right. I got an M13 for no money.

Offline JP

Re: Free
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 21:01:20 »
Guys, I just beat it. I picked up an M13 a while ago which was dirty as hell for $70, but he claimed it was working. So I got it, and lo and behold, the mouse doesn't work (because they're terrible and always break). Sent him a message saying I've got to send it in to Unicomp for a refurb, and asked if he would partially refund my monies. That absolute legend refunded me the whole purchase including shipping.

Can't beat that  :thumb: Although I did see a NOS M13 sell for $40 on eBay :'(

So I paid market price for an M13 a few years back that was in excellent condition. Well when it arrived through the post the case was cracked!!! The seller did not use any packaging material so it just bounced around in the box. I was furious and I returned it for a full refund. The seller knew they screwed up and didn't hassle me. The funny thing the seller ended up reselling it with a large crack for a little bit less than I originally paid so I guess that worked out. I was really bummed because it felt so nice to type on! That was a sad day. Well fast forward to 2020 and score a NOS M13 for $200 plus a little bit extra for shipping. Not too shabby considering a used one can sell for that price if you can find one.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 21:08:13 »
That's such a great deal too. I'm worried that Unicomp isn't going to be able to fix the trackpoint and use their own, much ****ter movable rod technology.

NOS Lexmark Model Ms sometimes sell for $200 nowadays, which is insane.

Offline Maledicted

Re: Free
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:18:20 »

Nice score. Harder and harder to get much of anything that's not obscure/under the radar without paying as much as a brand new mechanical keyboard, or more, these days.