Author Topic: [IC] DSA Sunny Side Up Keycaps and Matching Deskmats (GB Dates Announced)  (Read 9791 times)

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
Hello Geekhack!

264098-0

We're KeebsForAll, a small new business aiming to bring you affordable keyboard parts to get started in the hobby, and we're very happy to present to you this breakfast set dubbed the Sunny Side Up!

IC FORM LINK

We've teamed up again with Nhils, who designed the novelties on our previous PBT Doggie set and worked hand in hand to bring you this colorful kit.

Here's what Nhils has to say about it :

I can't start my day without a hearty breakfast, and I hope this set captures even a tiny bit of the joy I feel waking up fresh in the morning to some warm toast and a good cup of coffee (tea is also very good!). The colors were Pantone matched to actual egg yolks, avocado, and strawberry jam, for full authenticity, and the font is called MADE Waffle because I truly had to go all the way on this set!

We've tried to make this kit as beginner friendly & accessible as possible, without compromising on looks nor compatibility :]

Because we only carry 60% layouts in our shop so far, the kit was meant to cover that size or TKLs, as they are the more beginner friendly layouts. As we're still just starting out, and mean for our items to stay in stock, we're trying to keep the costs affordable to us, thus this kitting choice. We welcome your feedback in the IC form or on this thread as to how to best fit your board!

This set is mostly reverse dye sub, on a DSA profile ; and we've chosen to go full-on novelty mod legends because... why not? We remember where control alt and shift are, having them be a smiling banana is all the more fun, and having a uniform profile makes them adaptable.

This kit comes along with two deskmat designs and a cable collab! We're very excited to have a matching set.

Here are some of Nhils' very own renders (Huge thanks to ImperfectLink for the truly amazing Keyboard Render Kit):

Sunny-Side Up Set
264098-1

Pantone Pallette
264100-2

TKL Flat Render
264102-3

TKL Kit File
264104-4

Mods Flat Render
264106-5

Mods Kit File
264108-6

ISO and Numpad Render
264110-7

ISO and Numpad Kit File
264112-8

Space Bar Kit Flat Render
264114-9

Space Bar Kit File
264116-10

Rendered ISO Kit + Novelties
264118-11

TKL Render
264120-12

Suns Deskmat
264122-13

Suns Mockup 1
264124-14

Suns Mockup 2
264126-15

Fruits Deskmat
264128-16

Fruits Mockup 1
264130-17

Fruits Mockup 2
264132-18

Please join our Discord if you want to receive updates on this in the future!

Huge thanks to Nicoles and Acitrin, and the keycraft collective community for their valuable feedback ; this is our first time doing actual kitting and they've been a tremendous help and support

Update April 4th, 2021

KeebsForAll has ordered prototypes for both of the desk mats and one of them has already arrived. The prototype photo will be attached below. A prototype for the keycaps has also been placed and we are just waiting for that to finish, so we can make sure the color matching is done correctly. This should be done in a month to month and a half. Nhils has also updated the kitting based on the feedback from the IC form so far. The renders for the new kitting and updated general renders will be attached below.

Updated Base Kit
265924-19

Updated Novelties
265926-20

Updated Numpad + Extras
265928-21

Updated Case + Keycap renders
265930-22

265932-23

265934-24

265936-25

265938-26

265940-27

265942-28

265944-29

Fruits desk mat prototype
265946-30

Update June 02 2021

• Sorry for the late update, but GB has already started. It will run from June 02 2021 to July 15 2021.
  • Vendor lists are also finalized. KeebsForall will be the vendor for USA and Alphakeys will be the vendor for Canada. The designer Nhils will be the proxy in Europe. So for those who are in Europe, you can order through KeebsForAll directly, but get quoted shipping rates where the destination origin is in France.
  • We will be making an official GB post on GH and Reddit and will be locking this thread once those new posts are up
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:16:01 by pmdbt »
ID80, Rama M65-A, Black Inks V2

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
Re: [IC] DSA DSA Sunny Side Up Keycaps and Matching Deskmats
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 14:35:07 »
Reserved

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
Re: [IC] DSA Sunny Side Up Keycaps and Matching Deskmats
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 21:00:31 »
please consider a kit that has yellow keys in middle and white keys around it to make a sunny side egg
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline levise

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 21:12:55 »
this is so cute!! watching this set being created was a magical journey-- i'm definitely keeping an eye on this!!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 13:10:38 »
Really loving this! Are these going to be doubleshot ABS or dye sub PBT? Couldn't find it anywhere in the post.

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 19:30:19 »
please consider a kit that has yellow keys in middle and white keys around it to make a sunny side egg

I will certainly pass this along to the designer and see how feasible this is. Since the keys won't be a perfect circle around the "yellow" key, I'm not sure if it would achieve that desired sunny side-up egg look.

this is so cute!! watching this set being created was a magical journey-- i'm definitely keeping an eye on this!!

Thank you for the compliment! I will pass this on to Nhils, she'll be so happy to hear :)

Really loving this! Are these going to be doubleshot ABS or dye sub PBT? Couldn't find it anywhere in the post.

Thank you for the question! Because of the colors chosen by the designer, this set will be reverse-dye sub PBT.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 19:38:41 »
This set is adorable. Really looking forward to seeing this come to fruition!

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 02:08:35 »
I love the numpad kit, it really sells the sunny side up egg look. The Avocado-colored F-row looks nice, too! Good luck with the IC, I look forward to the GB.

Offline tamilyn

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 05:25:15 »
I am so freaking excited about this set. So much cuteness. - Please just take my money already. - I need 1 breakfast, 1 continental, and a side of jam toast.

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 12:49:49 »
I am so freaking excited about this set. So much cuteness. - Please just take my money already. - I need 1 breakfast, 1 continental, and a side of jam toast.

Thank you for the kind words! Yep, breakfast is our favorite meal of the day too, so we were psyched that Nhils decided to do a set around this theme.

I love the numpad kit, it really sells the sunny side up egg look. The Avocado-colored F-row looks nice, too! Good luck with the IC, I look forward to the GB.

Thanks! If you'd like to stay updated on the status, please join our discord or our email list. We send out updates regularly whenever a project moves forward in a meaningful step.

This set is adorable. Really looking forward to seeing this come to fruition!

Thank you! We're gathering interest and feedback right now. Then we'll be ordering a prototype to check on the color matching. Group Buy shouldn't be too far into the future :)

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 18:02:29 »
Updated kitting and renders. One desk mat prototype has arrived + some other general update info on timeline.

Offline enomooshiki

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 00:11:41 »
WOW, super cute kit and lovely novelties.

looking forward to future updates!

Offline Qwapa

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 00:12:31 »
This is such a great and cute set, not for me but hope it goes great!

Offline Volny

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 02:50:18 »
Not my cup of tea, but the design is stylistically pretty strong. A few of the characters could use tweaks though. For example, why is the 1u mushroom so much bigger than the 1u sausage? There's room to give the sausage a little less left/right padding. And the ~ on the #~ key looks a little blobby.

I really like the function keys. They look nice, and it's a great idea to make them just numbers, but so stylised that they won't be confused with the regular or numpad ones. However, with their symmetrical, geometric styling, combined with the color, they don't match the rest of the set at all.

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 12:30:44 »
You can't have breakfast without some bacon. Would it be possible to add alternative modifiers or accents (even novelties) with a bacon color?

Offline akira7

• akirabutter
    • akiratypes
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 05:04:48 »
I would've loved to get this set as I had been eyeing it for a while but pretty sad about the very limited amount of vendors :(

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 07:02:07 »
Manufactured by infinikey?

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
Manufactured by infinikey?

Yes, it's manufactured by Infinikey and we've ensured the color matching is good via a prototype that was produced.

I would've loved to get this set as I had been eyeing it for a while but pretty sad about the very limited amount of vendors :(

Your GH profile says you're located in Belgium, so we should be able to serve you at a fair shipping cost still. The designer lives in France and customers who order through KeebsForAll will be able to get shipping rates where the origin of shipping is in France because she will be proxying this set for us in Europe.