Author Topic: Best smd soldering Station on aliexpress?  (Read 7457 times)

Offline YMpigeon

• "oh no" - someone
Best smd soldering Station on aliexpress?
« on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 10:52:49 »
Hi guys, so I just recently ordered some custom PCB's and their respective components and I want to buy a cheap soldering station on aliexpress but I don't know which one I should buy, I am deciding between the 909D+www.google.co.nz/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32661554424.html, the 8786Dhttps://m.aliexpress.com/item/32876289253.html?pid=808_0000_0201&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32876289253&or the 955Dhttps://baumtronics.com/en/rework-stations-2in1/39-yihua-995d-high-precision-rework-station.html(this one's a little expensive and I'm wondering if the features are worth it)

I appreciate all you're responses :)

(edit: I just realized I posted in the wrong topic category)
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 June 2018, 19:08:31 by YMpigeon »

Offline YMpigeon

• "oh no" - someone
Re: Best smd soldering Station on aliexpress?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 10:56:49 »
PS: I sent the wrong link for the 909d+, please ignore that and view this one instead :)
909d+ https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32786062845.html

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 15:56:16 »
What's the point? There are many soldering stations sold elsewhere, top brands too.

Offline YMpigeon

• "oh no" - someone
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 17:25:47 »
I want a cheap soldering Station, and Aliexpress for me is always the best option when it comes to cheap stuff :)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 18:20:14 »
Personally, I wouldn't touch those.

I want a hot air station and have been looking for one at a reasonable cost, however, these are not reasonable cost, these are a guy in a trenchcoat, wearing sunglasses in  dark alley selling them out the back of a van. These are going to be garbage.  It may function, though take 3 times longer to get the job done, it may last a month or a year, it also may burn your house down.

This is a Hakko fx-888d (considered probably the best bang for your buck iron) clone and an air station (which typically run for $300+) for the price of the 888d... There s no way this thing works well. Cheap tools are not tools, they are toys.

My advice, run away, as fast as you can.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 03:38:19 »
I've used the cheap ones with mixed results.  You may as well spend a little more and get a Weller or a Hakko.  I love my Weller Wes51 and Hakko has some good models too.  I think Hakko has a little more variety of tips though.  You don't need digital either.  You can feel the difference in quality immediately; they are a pleasure to  use.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 05:09:37 »
I got an Aoyue 469 from eBay a year or so ago. Served me outstandingly so far, de- and re-soldered a bunch of boards with it so far and no complaints! IIRC it's compatible with genuine Hakko tips if you want to blow you money on that as well, but frankly the original tip is still in perfect condition (you just need to know how to take good care of tips).
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 19:48:46 »
Okay, so I got curious because I am looking for an air station (not a combo unit, I have a Hakko iron).

I did some looking around and almost every review I find is either paid/discounted, or comments were disabled, meaning they were also probably paid and often by people who have never used one before. I did find one reviewer who I trust who reviewed one (linked below), the construction is laughable and at least one was found wired wrong, but they do seem to work.  On the bottom of the video was an offer for the air station alone from Ali  Express for $16, at that price I had to at least look. Unfortunately shipping was $27. Ebay had them but they wanted $45.

Amazon was $27 shipped, for that price, I'll give it a shot.
Anyone interested, search your favorite place for "hot air gun 858d esd soldering station led digital" or a few less keywords.

More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 14:53:47 »
I own the 858D hot air station, with a different brand but there's a hundred out there, and I'm very happy with that. I mainly bought it to solder SMD crystals and desolder SMD chips and it's getting the job done.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 21:16:37 »
Okay so update time.
Mine arrived today... Well, the handle arrived.

In another instance of Chinese language issues, I only received a handle. I went back and re-read the description with a fine tooth comb and yes,  it infers you would only get the handle, but it is not entirely obvious and pictures are the exact same picture set they used to advertise the complete station. So now I'm dealing with Amazon. I'm not spending $27 on a useless handle when I can get the entire air station for literally a few dollars more (if that listing can be believed). Of course, I'll probably have to spend $20 to ship it back to China to get $7 back. We'll see what Amazon says, I think I can probably rig this to some electronics I have and make it work without the station.

Bottom line, beware.
These people are selling a knockoff, which kind of tells you how honest they are, which is another reason I bought through Amazon. The last problem I had with Ebay and Pay Pal took 2 months to sort out, even after Ebay flagged the sale as fraudulent 2 days after I bought it.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 01:50:52 »
Okay so update time.
Mine arrived today... Well, the handle arrived.

In another instance of Chinese language issues, I only received a handle. I went back and re-read the description with a fine tooth comb and yes,  it infers you would only get the handle, but it is not entirely obvious and pictures are the exact same picture set they used to advertise the complete station. So now I'm dealing with Amazon. I'm not spending $27 on a useless handle when I can get the entire air station for literally a few dollars more (if that listing can be believed). Of course, I'll probably have to spend $20 to ship it back to China to get $7 back. We'll see what Amazon says, I think I can probably rig this to some electronics I have and make it work without the station.

Bottom line, beware.
These people are selling a knockoff, which kind of tells you how honest they are, which is another reason I bought through Amazon. The last problem I had with Ebay and Pay Pal took 2 months to sort out, even after Ebay flagged the sale as fraudulent 2 days after I bought it.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

sorry, but thanks for letting us know