Author Topic: CM in possession of a custom MX Green switch?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline remedyhalopc

CM in possession of a custom MX Green switch?
« on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 05:04:21 »
Hi Carter, I was hoping you could explain this. I saw on OCN that Cooler Master was going to be putting out a board with a special variant of the MX Green switches, but didn't go into any other details.

What's different about this new Green switch you guys have vs. the Greens in the QFR/normal Green switches?

Edit: re-reading this quote made me think the writer meant that the Green is a different kind of Cherry switch different from blue/red/brown/black, and not from existing MX Green switches.

. I thought the rep was talking about the lighting, but the switches themselves are actually a somewhat rarefied Green model different from the existing ones, and CoolerMaster has exclusive distribution rights in the States.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2013, 05:10:04 by remedyhalopc »

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
Re: CM in possession of a custom MX Green switch?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 17:19:45 »
Hey there,

We do have Trigger's currently available with MX Greens on our CM Store.

As far as the Trigger you saw in the CES video.. we don't have any timetable for it, but we may be bringing the green LED/green switch combo to our XTS model (full 104 key w/ backlighting).  Hopefully that answers your question?
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 08:55:45 »
Rajiv;

Does CM have any plans to offer the green LED/Green switch combo on XTS with the stealth (side-printed) keycaps? Or make those keycaps available separately?

I have the Trigger w/Greens board as my main gaming keyboard, but I'm looking for the green LED version.  A non-LED full-size version with the white stealth keycaps would be fantastic to replace my work unit, let me know if that's in the works!

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 11:48:11 »
Yes we are looking at the green switch/green LED on future models.  XTS would probably be one model I'd want to focus on.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 13:36:18 »
Yes we are looking at the green switch/green LED on future models.  XTS would probably be one model I'd want to focus on.

It appears that CM is out of stock on most models with MX Green switches.  Any tentative release dates for the XTS model noted above?

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 12:58:16 »
XTS is a bit out.  CherryMX Green is available on QFR on Amazon and also the Stealth model which should be out this week.