Author Topic: Cherry G80-3000 - Missing "classic" bumps on the F, J and 5 keys  (Read 8749 times)

Offline jiri

Hello,

please allow me to ask for your help.

I bought a new Cherry G80-3000 Cherry keyboard https://www.cherry-world.com/g80-3000 in G80-3000LSCEU-2 (MX Blue, EU layout, black)

I am very excited about this keyboard - I especially like the feel when typing. However, I don't like that the F and J keys don't have "classic" tactile bumps. Instead of the classic tactile bumps, the F and J keys have a slightly different shape - more of a recessed shape. Key 5 then has a raised tactile point in the central location. I can't get too used to this - especially the F and J keys.

Here photo (click to zoom):

At first I wanted to return the keyboard for the reasons stated, however after about a week of typing on the G80-3000 I have become "addicted" and cannot go back to the basic membrane keyboard. I only use the keyboard for typing and other standard PC activities. I do not use the keyboard for gaming.

Can I please buy the same keycaps for F, J and 5 with standard tactile bumps somewhere? I would use the new keycaps to replace the existing keycaps for the F, J and 5 keys.

Any advice and recommendations are welcome.

Thank you

Offline Danule

• ###
Re: Cherry G80-3000 - Missing "classic" bumps on the F, J and 5 keys
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 July 2023, 12:55:23 »
Those are cherry style keycaps. I would keep those on, you can tell the f and the j from how scooped they are its very easy to rest your hands in the correct position without having to look.  Cherry key caps are usually thicker and feel nicer to type on, they are also lightly lower profile.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline ___Aihey___

Re: Cherry G80-3000 - Missing "classic" bumps on the F, J and 5 keys
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 July 2023, 00:43:42 »
 :thumb: