Author Topic: [IC] Mino Plus - 65% Inspired by blocks  (Read 2934 times)

Offline ShandonCodes

[IC] Mino Plus - 65% Inspired by blocks
« on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 09:39:02 »

Mino Plus

A budget-friendly, stacked acrylic 65% keyboard. Descended from the Mino (40%)

After designing, producing, and delivering the Mino kit few months I have been designing and producing a similar kit with a larger form factor. I am still active in the prototyping of the design, but I want to open the IC to have more community feedback during the prototyping phase.

So far I have produced 2 revisions of the case (only the first pictured), the first revision I experimented with different hardware mounting points and layer order. Second revision I am currently working on is going to solve some slight plate clearance issues.

The PCB for this kit is also custom made, it borrows the same design language from the Mino (and the OLED placement) but there are some key differences. First this board is ARM based, second the PCB is soldered (not hotswap) to allow for more customization.

I do plan to run the kit. However, I do not have a definite time-frame currently.

Prototype Photos

Revision 1

Mino Plus PCB Layout

Specs
Typing Angle: ~5°
Mounting Style: Sandwich Mount
Front Height: 23.5 mm
MX Compatible

Options
Case colors will be chosen based on demand. I have some ideas for colors but make sure to leave feedback in the form!
Plate Options: FR4 & POM (submit feedback for other plate options. These options may change.)

Mounting Style
Sandwich Mount

Assembly
The Mino Plus uses M3 standoffs and screws (special screw mount for the feet). Switches are plate mount.

Vendors
US (Worldwide) - ShandonCodes Store
Currently looking for vendors in both the UK and EU. Many missed out on the Mino GB due to poor shipping options to their countries,
if any vendors want to help me bring these kits to their local areas please reach out.

Special Thanks
I want to thank everyone who bought a Mino kit, your feedback as helped me in my planning for this kit. There are so many things I would not have considered on my own so thank you all for building/testing my designs!

Socials
Follow for updates!
More

Changelog
More

Offline ShandonCodes

Re: [IC] Mino Plus - 65% Inspired by blocks
    « Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 09:39:36 »
    Reserved

Offline chat and team

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 12:53:40 »
    where price
    geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
    Chinese overlords won

Offline ShandonCodes

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 August 2022, 15:08:07 »
    Still too early to discuss pricing. Considering many for the components that affect the price have not been decided yet. Things like plate material,  case colors, etc. Filling out the IC form will help us form a better idea on the price.