Author Topic: Brussel sprouts = poison  (Read 3225 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Brussel sprouts = poison
« on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 08:05:33 »
Sumtn's not right with sprouts. Tp4 has tried them on multiple occasions, the first few taste fine, but then TP4 is overcome with strong perceptual nausea.

Whuddup w'dat...  No problems with brocolli/cabbage or any other brassicas.

299320-0

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Brussel sprouts = poison
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 09:03:36 »
I keep telling you, vegetables are disgusting objects sprouted from poop, it's not safe for human consumption .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 09:53:02 »
I keep telling you, vegetables are disgusting objects sprouted from poop, it's not safe for human consumption
Show Image

in this 1-instance, tp4 agrees, that sprouts may not be fit for tp4 consumption.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 12:12:00 »
I used my dehdrator to make "brussels chips" out of the large leaves from the primary plant that were very good.

Perhaps they would be more palatable if cooked by briefly browning them in very hot oil, then adding some water and covering the pan to let them steam and soften up for a few minutes.

Also, they need to be lightly salted to take away the bitterness.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 16:32:24 »
They have changed significantly over the past 25 years or so due to genetic modifying. Sprouts are modded to be much less bitter, larger, and last longer on shelves.
Most people over 30 can remember when sprouts were smaller and more bitter. Nothing is the same anymore, even natural veggies.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 17:16:51 »
Tp4 is not averse to bitterness,  there's some sort of chemical inside that makes Tp4 nauseous,  not a taste bud issue.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 17:51:03 »
They have changed significantly over the past 25 years or so due to genetic modifying. Sprouts are modded to be much less bitter, larger, and last longer on shelves.
Most people over 30 can remember when sprouts were smaller and more bitter. Nothing is the same anymore, even natural veggies.
Bananas were originally round and had large pits.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 22:15:02 »
Do what Asians do - stir fry them with garlic. The garlic will hide the taste. That is, provided, you like garlic.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 03:44:26 »
Do what Asians do - stir fry them with garlic. The garlic will hide the taste. That is, provided, you like garlic.
This is what I don't get though. If people feel they need to do something to hide the taste, why not just make something that's actually tasty? :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 06:23:08 »
This is what I don't get though. If people feel they need to do something to hide the taste, why not just make something that's actually tasty? :p

It's not most veggies, only the bitter-er ones.

Vs how we hide nearly 100% of any meat flavor with plant-seasonings.

Japan did not each much pork/beef before americanization, the old people there remember how they thought it was stinky and completely inedible without alot of soy sauce.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 09:58:14 »
weren't they literally gross to eat before the 80s though

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 02:54:36 »

Vs how we hide nearly 100% of any meat flavor with plant-seasonings.

Japan did not each much pork/beef before americanization, the old people there remember how they thought it was stinky and completely inedible without alot of soy sauce.

Beef barely needs seasoning, I'm perfectly happy with just a steak. Pork? I've had bacon dinners before, same as gammon ones. Don't see the need for this "plant" business 8) .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 07:54:48 »
Beef barely needs seasoning, I'm perfectly happy with just a steak. Pork? I've had bacon dinners before, same as gammon ones. Don't see the need for this "plant" business 8) .

Without the chemistry in charing the protein, Maillard's,  the beef would be nearly tasteless other than a sour corpse smell and a little saltiness.

We've modified its nature to a great extent to make it palatable and non-biologically risky.

Humans stomach PH can not adequately detoxify meat, that's why we have to cook it when every other REAL carnivore eats meat raw.  Our gut is also too long, the meat undergoes putrifaction in our system, a leading contributor to bowel cancers.

Eating lots of meat, especially dairy (liquid meat), also raises testosterone to a lvl that kills hair follicles.

Dermatological history of Japan, Pre-WW2, very few men went bald as they aged, but Post Americanization diet, they noticed that baldness became an epidemic and has become the norm.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 10:15:06 »

Without the chemistry in charing the protein, Maillard's,  the beef would be nearly tasteless other than a sour corpse smell and a little saltiness.

Oh come on, you know you're treading water now :p . If that's really your best argument for why meat supposedly needs plants to be tasty....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 10:22:55 »
Oh come on, you know you're treading water now :p . If that's really your best argument for why meat supposedly needs plants to be tasty....

Not at all, it's the totality of evidence that humans are herbivores, more precisely "starchivores"

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 16:10:51 »

Not at all, it's the totality of evidence that humans are herbivores, more precisely "starchivores"
While going through a human physiology course the other day I was surprised to find that predators have complex anuses which allows the passing of either gas, solids, or both at will; It is helpfully convenient during a hunt and aftermath. Vegetation animals typically’ as anyone who has owned a horse, chicken, or rabbit knows, have minimal control over when and where they let it drop. The question now is, which one are you, TP?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 19:16:15 »
While going through a human physiology course the other day I was surprised to find that predators have complex anuses which allows the passing of either gas, solids, or both at will; It is helpfully convenient during a hunt and aftermath. Vegetation animals typically’ as anyone who has owned a horse, chicken, or rabbit knows, have minimal control over when and where they let it drop. The question now is, which one are you, TP?

The #2 most popular posts on vegan (WFPB) forums for recent initiates is how FANTASTIC and MAGICAL veggie p00s are.

As a population, they are by far the most regular and IN CONTROL.

Whereas,  if you go to a KETO FORUM, you'll hear things like, "I've had diarrhea for 3 months straight, is this normal?", or the inverse, "I haven't pooped in 2 weeks, is this normal?"

In fact, most americans struggle with p00ping. Their diet is not extremely far off from Keto.

Clearly where regularity and HIGH FUNCTIONING of systems-purge is concerned,  Veggie People are KINGs.

Offline kurplop

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 21:37:38 »
Tp keeps confusing normal healthy omnivore diets with keto. I don’t know why. A keto diet practically eliminates carbs from the diet. I know of very few people who eat that way. He also assumes that anyone who eats animal products doesn’t also eat vegetables and grains. The plant based community often sets up these straw dogs to confuse the general public. They tout studies that show meat being carcinogenic then when examined it’s mostly charred meat or over-processed deli meats. They would rather get their B12 from dirt that animal products. Veganism is as much a religion as any church, mosque, or temple. Maybe they should file for tax exemption?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 22:05:31 »
In fact, most americans struggle with p00ping. Their diet is not extremely far off from Keto.

That cannot be true, keto is very difficult to maintain.
If anything I'd believe Americans on average consume a huge quantity of carbohydrates and processed sugars, quite the opposite of keto.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 28 May 2023, 22:14:16 »

If anything I'd believe Americans on average consume a huge quantity of carbohydrates and processed sugars, quite the opposite of keto.

The Keto Diet generally refers to a Meat-Centric diet.  Very few keto diet literature/proponents actually tell people to go into medical ketosis.

Medical Ketosis is not difficult to maintain, it is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain without going into severe debility.

Again, the human body only goes into ketosis under 2 natural conditions, STARVATION, or Severe Physical damage.

Offline kurplop

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 07:41:06 »
As long as you redefine words to your liking you can support just about anything.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 07:58:05 »
As long as you redefine words to your liking you can support just about anything.

This is exactly what the diet market has done.  Ketosis is a bodily state of desperation for humans. It is not a state of proper function.

The allure of the Keto Diet/Carnivore/Atkins  is that it affirms the taste preference of greasy meat material, which the vast majority already eat in over-abundance.

THIS is NEW,  200 years ago, only Kings and Queens had the money to eat themselves into Obesity/Diabetes/Cancer

Post WW2, technology has availed such debilities to Everyone.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 08:07:07 »
Y'all are eating food? I often miss 1 or 2 meals a day because of other stuff I'm doing. Hell I went my entire Middle and high school career skipping breakfast and lunch and my body still hasn't recovered.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 08:22:45 »

Americans on average consume a huge quantity of carbohydrates and processed sugars

I would say that this is very true.

Cooking for yourself at home gives you a great deal of control, "eating out" at high-end restaurants is probably a good way get a "clean" meal as far as ingredients go, if you can afford it, although probably drowned in unnecessary fats and sugars.

Fast-food eating is almost certain to be terrible, but "prepared" meals at the store are probably even worse.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 08 June 2023, 03:29:39 »

I agree. Keto isn't easy to maintain, I was in keto diet two times and its pretty difficult, when you off the carbs, you miss them very much and eating all the meat is hard, even if you think you love meat, you suddenly realise how much you miss carb products and having just one type of food is mind bending  :confused:

Americans are not close to keto - in general they eat loads of meat products but also loads of carbs, so its total opposite.

Plus I agree with tp - brussel sprouts are evil, I tried the so many times, boiled, fried, with or without garlic - nothing helps, I feel weirdly sick after it, every time. :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::