Author Topic: REI XT-60 Prototype Log  (Read 23083 times)

Offline Handke

Re: REI XT-60 Prototype Log
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 08:15:18 »
Get an ISO keyboard and enjoy your big Enter.

As big as a tkl, with half of the beauty.

Offline Alessio

• YT Channel
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 12:03:10 »
Hey all, for anyone still looking at this dead thread, guess its time for a super belated update  :p

This board has quietly been chugging along in the background over the last year, with a few revisions - the major one being a complete redesign of the weight.

The old weight was pretty boring, and i really wanted to leverage the transparency of PC somehow with the design - which has now been redesigned into this crazy thing

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Top down view remains the same though

Show Image

Furthermore, I thought 'lets have an actual pcb designer make the pcb for this', and now we have a h60-wideboi pcb from Hiney!

Show Image

Going forward, I've decided to do a small run of these boards in the near future - however I mostly live on discord these days, so if you're interested definitely hop into my server. I will most likely not update this thread much going forward

discord.gg/a7TYNsKYjW

Cheers
Dean

wew, big fan of the contrast between the sandblasted internal area and polish through section. very cool use of PC's translucency.  :thumb:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 12 February 2022, 00:22:59 »
Hey all, for anyone still looking at this dead thread, guess its time for a super belated update  :p

This board has quietly been chugging along in the background over the last year, with a few revisions - the major one being a complete redesign of the weight.

The old weight was pretty boring, and i really wanted to leverage the transparency of PC somehow with the design - which has now been redesigned into this crazy thing

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Top down view remains the same though

Show Image

Furthermore, I thought 'lets have an actual pcb designer make the pcb for this', and now we have a h60-wideboi pcb from Hiney!

Show Image

Going forward, I've decided to do a small run of these boards in the near future - however I mostly live on discord these days, so if you're interested definitely hop into my server. I will most likely not update this thread much going forward

discord.gg/a7TYNsKYjW

Cheers
Dean

man I am so happy this project isn't dead!

love the updates on the weight design.