Author Topic: Alps Appreciation Thread  (Read 2435499 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Alps Appreciation Thread
« Reply #3700 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 18:55:09 »

Also the Flico Zero and Ducky 1087 and 1087XM.

And the rare Kingsaver.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #3701 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 19:31:06 »
I would consider NeXT non-ADB horizontal enter variant also an ANSI board. However, with all right alpha/mod keys being shortened on the right, this throws a wrench to your plan of remapping backslash to backspace.
I own that board and forgot to list it! Thanks for the reminder. Actually, although the Backslash key is only 1.00x, it is in the right position, and so it works for me.

@fohat: The Kingsaver is a custom board, correct? I should have added to the criteria to exclude custom boards. However, if we include them, then there are a number of additional possibilities, especially in the 60% category.

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2016, 19:34:44 by Hypersphere »

Offline E3E

« Reply #3702 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 19:36:27 »
I would consider NeXT non-ADB horizontal enter variant also an ANSI board. However, with all right alpha/mod keys being shortened on the right, this throws a wrench to your plan of remapping backslash to backspace.
I own that board and forgot to list it! Thanks for the reminder. Actually, although the Backslash key is only 1.00x, it is in the right position, and so it works for me.

@fohat: The Kingsaver is a custom board, correct? I should have added to the criteria to exclude custom boards. However, if we include them, then there are a number of additional possibilities, especially in the 60% category.

I personally don't think custom keyboards should be included. They're in their own category. This should be for OEM ANSI Alps boards.

Technically, the Wang covers 725-3770 covers the Kingsaver.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3703 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 19:40:11 »
Welp, I received my Pingmaster, and documented the entire unboxing process. It was ****ing glorious. Everything smells's like it was made yesterday. I wish unboxing all my keyboards could be like that. 11/10 would do again. Too bad Chryos wasn't able to experience it.

Will post album soon :thumb:
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3704 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:05:19 »
Well here it is! But impressions first.

I really like it. The switches are ungodly. Better than SKCL Green, I now know what Chryos was talking about when he said "buttery". I don't mind the extra weight compared to SKCL Green since of the way SKCC actutates/works. I find it to be basically perfect actually. I don't mind the cap profile either. With a little adjustment ill be right with it! I always type slower on linears but on these it's just as good if not my fastest typing keyboard. So responsive, maybe that's just b/c there new but either way its a astonishing buy, especially at $35 free shipping! Can't wait to USB convert it. The one annoying thing is the length, my right hand moves over for the mouse more than I would like it but I guess ill get used to it eventually.

Also did some comparisons to the Multistation caps and they are similar while a bit flatter and less sharply angled. Same sub legends also :) The board also comes with an official metal IBM keycap puller for the relegendable keycaps and some stickers for them too.

Pics!

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:07:59 by Mattr567 »

Offline alh84001

« Reply #3705 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:21:34 »
It was ****ing glorious.

This reads 'pinging glorious' I'm sure  :)) I'm off to see pics now.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #3706 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:26:47 »
hell of a buy. beautiful board, i really like that style of the caps and the case. colors and legends too!
phew, what a winner
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #3707 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:34:35 »
those caps are beautiful!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3708 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:58:12 »
To add I pulled the spacebar and it is a SKCC Tall Cream! Chryos didn't mention that lol. The stabs have fresh lube from the factory. The Cream does feel heavier than the Greens BTW.

Also bottom of Pingmaster vs Multistation cap.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3709 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 00:13:37 »
Seems like they had very different profiles just looking at the Multistation key caps compared to the Pingmaster's. Looks nice though!

Looks like Alps used the same color codes for their switches initially when moving onto SKCL with Greens and linear Creams.  :))

You like them more than SKCL Green? Get out of town. Now I'm curious.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #3710 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 00:18:09 »
Seems like they had very different profiles just looking at the Multistation key caps compared to the Pingmaster's. Looks nice though!

Looks like Alps used the same color codes for their switches initially when moving onto SKCL with Greens and linear Creams.  :))

I was under the impression that in similar condition, all linear Alps feel about the same. I am curious as well.

Offline mseaworthy

« Reply #3711 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 00:25:12 »

Additions? Deletions?

Matias Laptop Pro--very similar to the Quiet Pro but with MacOS layout and caps.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3712 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 01:08:14 »

As Chryos said the difference is from ultra smooth (SKCL) to butter (SKCC), the way they go down and rebound is glorious. Super responsive. It loves to do what it's meant to do ;) Plus how can you pass up such an opportunity for so dirt cheap. The unboxing experience was worth it on its own and super satisfying. The smell's, looks and feeling is awesome​. Feels like a mini time capsule.

Also keep in mind the SKCL Greens from my Zenith are in great condition. The extra weight vs SKCL Green might have something to do with it also along with the design of SKCC. Wouldn't enjoy a board of Creams nearly as much though, too heavy.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3713 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 01:28:19 »

As Chryos said the difference is from ultra smooth (SKCL) to butter (SKCC), the way they go down and rebound is glorious. Super responsive. It loves to do what it's meant to do ;) Plus how can you pass up such an opportunity for so dirt cheap. The unboxing experience was worth it on its own and super satisfying. The smell's, looks and feeling is awesome​. Feels like a mini time capsule.

Also keep in mind the SKCL Greens from my Zenith are in great condition. The extra weight vs SKCL Green might have something to do with it also along with the design of SKCC. Wouldn't enjoy a board of Creams nearly as much though, too heavy.

I felt the same way when I bought my NIB Xerox 6085. Seeing packaging as if it was made yesterday is amazing. :D This was not dirt cheap, however. :(

Both examples just seem so modern to me, those plastic bags are from the future, man. :P Yeah, that smell is pretty awesome, which totally sounds weird, but it is!

Yeah, SKCL Brown is one of my favorite switches, though I love SKCL Green too. The heavier weight and cushiony feel on SKCL Brown is delightful, so maybe it's similar on these. Yeah, I should pick one up at this price point.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #3714 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 01:53:00 »

I felt the same way when I bought my NIB Xerox 6085. Seeing packaging as if it was made yesterday is amazing. :D This was not dirt cheap, however. :(

Show Image

Both examples just seem so modern to me, those plastic bags are from the future, man. :P Yeah, that smell is pretty awesome, which totally sounds weird, but it is!

Yeah, SKCL Brown is one of my favorite switches, though I love SKCL Green too. The heavier weight and cushiony feel on SKCL Brown is delightful, so maybe it's similar on these. Yeah, I should pick one up at this price point.
Very nice. I would like to get lucky enough again to try and find SKCM Greens.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3715 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 02:12:14 »
SKCM Greens are between Brown and Orange tactility wise. If you think Oranges aren't enough and Browns are too much Green's might be right up your ally. Depending on the plate material and thickness of course.

Also the Pingmaster, is pingy indeed :P Interestingly the SKCL Green V60 MTS is almost right up there with it also. Linear Alps in the right conditions = a lot of ping. And luckily I don't mind it haha, kinda like it in a way. Its just the nature of the board. The Packard has a decent amt. of ping but of the switches themselves hides it unless you listen for in a quietish room.

Offline alh84001

« Reply #3716 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 02:22:17 »
SKCM Greens are between Brown and Orange tactility wise. If you think Oranges aren't enough and Browns are too much Green's might be right up your ally.

So, weight-wise, similar to salmon or creams? Both pine and bamboo?

Offline E3E

« Reply #3717 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 03:41:33 »
SKCM Greens are between Brown and Orange tactility wise. If you think Oranges aren't enough and Browns are too much Green's might be right up your ally.

So, weight-wise, similar to salmon or creams? Both pine and bamboo?

Well, I'd say the spring weight is 70g, that's what the Alps catalog says, which is what the force is for salmons and most switches made by Alps post 1989, I think. I'm not sure about the weight of Cream Damped , but I'm fairly certain the rest are 70g as well.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3718 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 06:13:32 »
Just bought myself a pingmaster :D couldnt resist after I saw your review mattr.

Offline Dokyun

« Reply #3719 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 13:43:37 »
Huh, I got the Japanese pingmaster and mine didn't come with any stickers. Looks like there's some blanks too, that would've been a lot nicer than my method of labeling caps (printing them out on a crummy laser printer.) I definitely recommend pulling the trigger on one of these if you can. NOS, sealed SKCC ALPS are unheard of, much less at a price point lower than most dirty SKCM boards now go for. Buying one of them is a treat that will almost certainly never come around again.

Btw, I don't think anyone's actually recorded yet what the beep from the speaker sounds like...here's a short video I made a while ago:

Offline E3E

« Reply #3720 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 14:46:17 »
Ugh, the temptation is high, but... I might just wait until there isn't many Chinese ones left.

Offline alh84001

« Reply #3721 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 14:49:03 »
Yeah, I know what you mean. There's always something more important or more interesting, so these never get to the top of the queue. And their weight doesn't help.

Offline Norman_the_Owl

« Reply #3722 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 16:05:59 »
On one hand, it's only 35 dollars for a chinese one

On the other hand, the last thing i need is another keyboard to build/buy an adapter for

On an unrelated note, would it be even remotely possible to mod my omnikey 101 to accept a stepped caps lock? I'm going to be completely removing the plate to clean and paint it anyway.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3723 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 16:09:51 »
I don't know if the stepping would leave much room for a stem swap to move the stem to the middle of the cap.

Otherwise, you would have to elongate the switch position in the plate a tad to be able to take a stepped switch, then drill small holes in the PCB for the switch pins to fit through, then it's just a matter of connecting the pins to the pads for the Caps Lock key and you'd be in business.

Offline Norman_the_Owl

« Reply #3724 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 16:39:57 »
Awesome, that's pretty much what i figured.

I'll have a closer look at the PCB when i disassemble it to desolder.

I messed up my leatherman looking for a screwdriver to open the case, so on hold temporarily  :confused:

Edt: Checked the caps i'm going to steal off the SGI Granite, the caps lock switch and the tab switch are aligned vertically. Nibbling the plate will be super easy
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 September 2016, 16:47:06 by Norman_the_Owl »

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #3725 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 18:11:36 »
Could someone please post links to the most straightforward ways to convert the Pingmaster to USB, using the Hasu converter and Soarer converter? Detailed illustrated guides would be appreciated.

Also, are there any differences between the Chinese and Japanese versions regarding converting to USB?

Thanks!

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3726 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 18:31:14 »
There isn't a difference between the Chinese and Japanese ones. But the I think soarer converter doesn't make the speaker work. Hasu's does for sure. He seems to have a external one and a internal one but I'm confused between the pingmaster and 4704 BS boards for conversion.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3727 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 19:11:07 »
Huh, I got the Japanese pingmaster and mine didn't come with any stickers. Looks like there's some blanks too, that would've been a lot nicer than my method of labeling caps (printing them out on a crummy laser printer.) I definitely recommend pulling the trigger on one of these if you can. NOS, sealed SKCC ALPS are unheard of, much less at a price point lower than most dirty SKCM boards now go for. Buying one of them is a treat that will almost certainly never come around again.

Btw, I don't think anyone's actually recorded yet what the beep from the speaker sounds like...here's a short video I made a while ago:
Thats's funny, even my IBM unpacking slip mentions them in the box, does yours? I've seen a video of the beeper, super loud :p Thank god there's a volume knob. Excited to use mine.

How did you go about converting your board with your own layout? Have a layout in mind myself, similar to Chryos's with a few tweaks.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3728 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 21:54:21 »
Another funny keyboard pic from eBay:

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3729 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 22:09:41 »
Lol until the foam fell apart.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #3730 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 23:32:25 »

Show Image

there better be a Model F in that box

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #3731 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 23:49:59 »

Show Image

there better be a Model F in that box

Today, a $45 Model-F in excellent condition popped up on eBay and happened to be only be 30 min away. Picked it up and so far, it reminds me a bit of blue alps.

If anyone is interested, there is an A2S4100 on eBay missing a few caps for $50+shipping. Maybe someone can ask the seller to disassemble it and ship only the keyboard. Not many clicky switches have tactility like amber alps.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline E3E

« Reply #3732 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 23:51:44 »
If anyone is interested, there is an A2S4100 on eBay missing a few caps for $50+shipping. Maybe someone can ask the seller to disassemble it and ship only the keyboard. Not many clicky switches have tactility like amber alps.

Oh thanks, ya shot down the one I had in my sights! Haha.

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
« Reply #3733 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 23:53:33 »
Today, a $45 Model-F in excellent condition popped up on eBay and happened to be only be 30 min away. Picked it up and so far, it reminds me a bit of blue alps.
What kind of Model F did you get?

Oh thanks, ya shot down the one I had in my sights! Haha.
Lol, I know them feels man... but aren't Blue Alps generally considered to be better than Amber Alps?

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #3734 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:05:13 »
What kind of Model F did you get?

Its an XT, the caps are weird but I mainly bought it for self-defense so thats not really an issue.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3735 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:07:47 »
Lol, I know them feels man... but aren't Blue Alps generally considered to be better than Amber Alps?
It depends on your perspective. I found them to be not quite as smooth actuating versus the Blue's b/c of the high tactility but they aren't bad by any means. Your gonna have to like heavy switches to truly appreciate them. Plate material and thickness is going to a have a huge impact as well. A non-custom plate would be recommend so it doesn't break your fingers with harshness.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3736 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:17:18 »

No, I don't think they are as smooth or have as nice of a click, but I wanted to restock on them and give them a shot once more. I'll probably end up disliking them again, but eh.

The tactility truly is rather harsh on them. It's just as if someone bent the click leaf bump to a 90 degree angle. It -catches- in a way.

Like Mattr says, a more flexible plate like the steel commonly used on OEM boards, or aluminum would probably be best. The carbon fiber plate gives SKCM Brown and SKCM Amber a finger-breaking vibe. Stainless is about just as bad.

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
« Reply #3737 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:26:38 »
It depends on your perspective. I found them to be not quite as smooth actuating versus the Blue's b/c of the high tactility but they aren't bad by any means. Your gonna have to like heavy switches to truly appreciate them. Plate material and thickness is going to a have a huge impact as well. A non-custom plate would be recommend so it doesn't break your fingers with harshness.
Let's turn for a moment... to a post in the not-so-distant past:
I am a nineteen year old web developer/software engineer that has a predilection for heavy switches with a nice clack.

No, I don't think they are as smooth or have as nice of a click, but I wanted to restock on them and give them a shot once more. I'll probably end up disliking them again, but eh.

The tactility truly is rather harsh on them. It's just as if someone bent the click leaf bump to a 90 degree angle. It -catches- in a way.

Like Mattr says, a more flexible plate like the steel commonly used on OEM boards, or aluminum would probably be best. The carbon fiber plate gives SKCM Brown and SKCM Amber a finger-breaking vibe. Stainless is about just as bad.
Fair enough, that does sound quite harsh. How do you think an acrylic plate would interact with SKCM Brown Switches? I sourced the material for $5 and I am going to try to have it cut on Friday.

Everything should be correctly sized to fit an AT101W PCB so I suppose we'll find out shortly thereafter :p

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #3738 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:29:38 »
Oh, didn't see that part. Plus that was a couple months ago :p You would likely like them but would probably like Browns more imo. Smoother and bigger bump.

Offline E3E

« Reply #3739 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:52:21 »
I can vouch for browns being very smooth in comparison. They have a similar "omph" to the tactility, but their tactility is definitely different. There's something about the bottom out that just kind of sends the tactility right into your fingers. Amber and Brown and Green all do this (less so with bamboo green) very harshly on a stiff plate.

I think acrylic would handle it well. Did you see the guy on reddit (mechmarket) who cut a plate out of the same material that PCBs are made out of? I forget the name of it, but talk about a way to make something PCB-mount, right? I'll have to try and find the post.

EDIT: Here it is:

Alps64 Cream Damped   Keys and switches were harvested from an AEKII and cleaned by myself. The switches are cream damped which are a tactile switch. The plate and PCB are from Hasu's most recent GB. The plate is an experimental plate using 1.2mm FR-4 (PCB's are made out of this). It does not provide a noticeable difference. The PCB runs Hasu's excellent TMK firmware which has a GUI editor. Keyboard has a locking switch on the caps lock. Lastly the case is an orange 60% ziptye case with bumpons.

No idea how rigid it ultimately would be with that material, but it is definitely creative.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 September 2016, 00:54:47 by E3E »

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
« Reply #3740 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 01:00:48 »
I can vouch for browns being very smooth in comparison. They have a similar "omph" to the tactility, but their tactility is definitely different. There's something about the bottom out that just kind of sends the tactility right into your fingers. Amber and Brown and Green all do this (less so with bamboo green) very harshly on a stiff plate.
Interesting, now you're making me want to try them (Amber and Green, that is). By the way, don't expect to get the just the keyboard from that Apple IIc:

At least he replied quickly... really quickly.

I think acrylic would handle it well. Did you see the guy on reddit (mechmarket) who cut a plate out of the same material that PCBs are made out of? I forget the name of it, but talk about a way to make something PCB-mount, right? I'll have to try and find the post.

EDIT: Here it is:

Alps64 Cream Damped   Keys and switches were harvested from an AEKII and cleaned by myself. The switches are cream damped which are a tactile switch. The plate and PCB are from Hasu's most recent GB. The plate is an experimental plate using 1.2mm FR-4 (PCB's are made out of this). It does not provide a noticeable difference. The PCB runs Hasu's excellent TMK firmware which has a GUI editor. Keyboard has a locking switch on the caps lock. Lastly the case is an orange 60% ziptye case with bumpons.

Show Image

No idea how rigid it ultimately would be with that material, but it is definitely creative.
Excellent, so my master plan is tentatively E3E-approved :thumb:

As for the PCB-material Plate thing, Hasu has tried that as well:
Got AEK PCB plate and checked it with my Alps64 PCB, original AEK plate and Poker X case. Space bar and stabilized keys work and I didn't find any problem so far.
I didn't solder switches and fully assembled them though, I'd say my AEK plate is ready.
Show Image

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #3741 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 01:05:23 »
Maybe send the seller this ifixit guide? There's nothing to it.

Good luck with the project!

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Dokyun

« Reply #3742 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 01:44:58 »
Thats's funny, even my IBM unpacking slip mentions them in the box, does yours? I've seen a video of the beeper, super loud :p Thank god there's a volume knob. Excited to use mine.

I double checked my slip....nope. It just shows the cap puller and the extra feet for the bottom as the stuff that comes besides the keyboard. Guess there is a difference between the Japanese and Chinese versions, hah!

How did you go about converting your board with your own layout? Have a layout in mind myself, similar to Chryos's with a few tweaks.

alps102key.c is the keymap it uses, there's a visual diagram commented out in that file that looks like the Pingmaster's layout, just follow that as reference and edit the matrix below it changing the keys as you see fit...should be pretty straight forward. Here's what mine looks like:

More
Code: [Select]
KEYMAP_ALPS102(
    ESC, 1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0,   MINS,EQL, BSPC,BSPC,BSPC,    INS,HOME,PGUP,      NLCK,  PSLS,  PAST,  PMNS,  \
    TAB, Q,   W,   E,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P,   LBRC,RBRC,BSPC,     NO,      DEL, END, PGDN,     7,  8,  9,  PPLS,  \
    CAPS,A,   S,   D,   F,   G,   H,   J,   K,   L,   SCLN,QUOT,GRV, ENT,      NO,      NO, NO, NO,         4,  5, 6, PPLS, \
    LSFT,Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M,   COMM,DOT, SLSH,RSFT,RSFT,          NO,      NO,  UP,  NO,       1, 2, 3, PENT, \
    LCTL, LGUI,LALT,          SPC,                     RALT,RGUI,              FN0,     LEFT,DOWN,RGHT,     0, 0, DOT, PENT  \
    ),

Offline alh84001

« Reply #3743 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 02:18:56 »
At least he replied quickly... really quickly.

As opposed to this $40 5140 listing, where I didn't get a reply from the seller. It's a nice day to be on the west coast :)

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
« Reply #3744 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 11:32:03 »

Offline Norman_the_Owl

« Reply #3745 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 12:34:23 »
Almost cheap enough to make me regret my used 60 dollar one

Offline alh84001

« Reply #3746 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 14:01:26 »
That seller had two beige and two granite ones for $60 too, all used. I was trying to get one of each for a bit cheaper, but then some lucky b'stard swooped in and took the whole lot  >:D ;D

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3747 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 14:11:25 »
That seller had two beige and two granite ones for $60 too, all used. I was trying to get one of each for a bit cheaper, but then some lucky b'stard swooped in and took the whole lot  >:D ;D
I think I got my granite from him, paid 55$ for it.

Offline Wingpad

• The Kumquat Kid
« Reply #3748 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 15:17:11 »
I was really considering buying one of the beige ones and almost did several times. Then, I really thought about it and asked myself "what would I do with it?" and decided I'm better off waiting for an Omnikey. I am already working on a third/fourth (depending on how you count) project with an AT101[W] board, I don't need another :p

Offline E3E

« Reply #3749 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 15:35:08 »
I was really considering buying one of the beige ones and almost did several times. Then, I really thought about it and asked myself "what would I do with it?" and decided I'm better off waiting for an Omnikey. I am already working on a third/fourth (depending on how you count) project with an AT101[W] board, I don't need another :p

Dude, I have so many switches and cap sets I'm not even using/don't have enough boards to use, and this IS talking about Alps. I'm not sure what I'm going to do to utilize them.

Even with my hot swap builds, it's a little impractical. I'm also considering what to do with my heaping helping of Xerox boards. I like them, they're like family to me. Family I don't want to separate.

However... Having so many stowed away keyboards is kinda cray. I have to get a converter made for these, dammit.