Author Topic: [GB] KAM 80s After Dark - shipping from zfrontier sorting for other vendors  (Read 84067 times)

Offline Sandersoni

• andidas.com
Re: [GB] KAM 80s After Dark GB waiting for R2 samples should be here soon🙏
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 17 August 2022, 14:41:15 »

[..] and this time the manu has a proven consistent 3-4 month lead time (other than DMK ghost which is because the designer took a long time to approve the transparent material)

Any idea when DMK Ghost will ship?

Offline Swishy

Re: [GB] KAM 80s After Dark GB waiting for R2 samples should be here soon🙏
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 01:00:02 »

[..] and this time the manu has a proven consistent 3-4 month lead time (other than DMK ghost which is because the designer took a long time to approve the transparent material)

Any idea when DMK Ghost will ship?
Since its you know not my GB I do not but you could ask in the Runners server or page I personally don’t follow that closely to know.

Offline Swishy

Re: [GB] KAM 80s After Dark - Big update
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 23:56:18 »
Production hasn’t started but it will very soon kat crusader is doubleshot. Gonna be getting preproduction samples also very soon. This is your September update

Offline Swishy

Re: [GB] KAM 80s After Dark - in Production
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 17:08:24 »
We have waited for this moment for a long time. We are finally in production!

I would like to say a few things:

First: Thank you for sticking around throughout this process.

Second: Rather than cope like some designers and act like the colors came out 100% right even if they don't match the renders, I will go ahead and say the dark blue and purple are slightly off. They are close to the physical pantones which are close to the renders, but the dark blue is a bit darker and the purple is a bit brighter. I do think everyone will be very happy with how they came out as the physical set still captures the original vibe and spirit of the renders. As we all know, renders are representations that do not necessarily account for manufacturing changes (going from all dyesub to injected base). When you take into account monitors, eyes, lighting, etc., 100% accuracy is nearly impossible, particularly when keyreative went through so many changes to their manufacturing process since the original group buy for this set took place.  I went through 5 rounds of samples manufactured through a few different processes by keyreative, and the final colors are the best version of the product that could be achieved, and I think they look great.

Last: With production starting this late in the year it may start delivering in China by Q1 2023, with delivery to other regions obviously happening afterwards.

Offline Swishy

Re: [GB] KAM 80s After Dark - in Production
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 11:52:54 »
production nearing completion

Offline Swishy

Re: [GB] KAM 80s After Dark - shipping from zfrontier sorting for other vendors
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 12:27:49 »
SHIPPING!!!!

Offline Swishy

Offline CyCo

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 03:58:06 »
Cant wait for this to ship, its been so long!

Offline Ranker2

Were desk mats made?

Offline Swishy

Offline sige5101

Unfortunately I ordered it from Mech & Co. I didn't get a response for a very long time and realised too late.
Congrats on the project!Swishy!

Offline Marmo_Nor

I still haven't recieved my set and 'Mechs & Co' dont answer my emails. Shouldn't it been delivered by now?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
I still haven't recieved my set and 'Mechs & Co' dont answer my emails. Shouldn't it been delivered by now?

Big problems with Mechs & Co. now, if you haven't heard.  Here are two community discussions with more details:
   https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120674
   https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/14n21mo/63023_update_psa_regarding_mechs_co_and_vendor/

There's likely more recent info elsewhere.

Offline Marmo_Nor

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 08:19:57 »
Well this sucks.

From what I've read, it seems that the problems have mainly affected the groupbuys that are pending? After dark should already have been shipped. I cant rally understand why completed orders are affected by this.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 16:22:16 »
imported shipments incur taxes, and outgoing shipments need paid for postage