Author Topic: [GB] Viktus Styrka By Viktus Design - Completed, Extras soonTM  (Read 33867 times)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [GB] Viktus Styrka By Viktus Design - OPEN, closes Feb 28th
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 14:35:46 »
I think if this board initially had a justifiable price you wouldn't feel the need to elaborate on it being a reasonable price five different times.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 15:17:12 »
I think if this board initially had a justifiable price you wouldn't feel the need to elaborate on it being a reasonable price five different times.
LOL. What. Whether the price is "justifiable" or not this is an absurd comment.
 He was asked 5 different time (more actually) so he respond 5 different times.
Gb runner doesn't reply= he's lazy, shady, and incompetent.
Gb runner replies= Dishonest.
How dare he try and respond to people! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't.
C'mon a now homies. 

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 15:25:19 »
C'mon a now homies.

I don't think it's absurd at all; if you have to come to defend and elaborate on the pricing of your board MULTIPLE times there must be something fundamentally wrong with it.
I feel I have been around long enough to understand that keyboards can be expensive, there's a lot of cost going into every step of the process, but when you're selling something like this to the masses there needs to be some level of understanding to what people are getting from this price. With this board it is very clear they aren't seeing what makes this board a justifiable purchase at a glance.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2021, 15:35:25 by Kokaloo »

Offline The Equals D

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 19:58:31 »
Y'all need to chill.

If you like the board enough to pay the price it is selling for.... buy it.
If you don't..... don't buy it.

It really is not that complicated.

Offline gnho

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 21:31:49 »
C'mon a now homies.

I don't think it's absurd at all; if you have to come to defend and elaborate on the pricing of your board MULTIPLE times there must be something fundamentally wrong with it.
I feel I have been around long enough to understand that keyboards can be expensive, there's a lot of cost going into every step of the process, but when you're selling something like this to the masses there needs to be some level of understanding to what people are getting from this price. With this board it is very clear they aren't seeing what makes this board a justifiable purchase at a glance.

I understand that the explanation may not be effective to people who don't understand how these keyboards are made. Do you have any friend who designs keyboards or run GBs. Show them the illustration and ask them to explain it to you. Yes, at a glance, the board is more expensive than others and I can clearly see why. This is not a board for people who can't look beyond the sticker price. If you have the time, why don't you go yell at Volvo who it's so much more expensive than Toyota because you don't know the difference between a Volvo and a Toyota.

Offline ninjapirate

• @ninjapirate9901
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 21:34:36 »
Some pics of the wine proto.

Offline ninjapirate

• @ninjapirate9901
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 21:35:46 »
And a couple more.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 21:50:37 »

Maybe, but that was not the way you phrased it originally. You said "if this board initially had a justifiable price you wouldn't feel the need to elaborate on it being a reasonable price five different times."
Putting it that way, makes is seem like he just keeps posting in defense of it, without being asked to.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:10:44 »
The group buy is extended to the 5th of March!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Re: [GB] Viktus Styrka By Viktus Design - OPEN, closes March 7th
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 16:29:04 »
Update:

So a few things to touch up on.

1) GB Extended to March 7th because of the winter storm that shut power off for a few days and knocked internet out for a week...Giving people this extra time to make up for that in case they were also affected.

2) Only 7 left to hit moq!!! Make sure to place your order so you get a chance to own one of these while there is still a chance.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [GB] Viktus Styrka By Viktus Design - MOQ REACHED, closes March 7th
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 23:15:47 »
Update:

Welp we did it, We hit moq and still have one week left due to the extension!!!

So if you were waiting for this news to buy, you are good to go.

The Viktus Styrka is going to be made!  :p

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 22:36:44 »
just gonna leave this here...
263676-0

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 11:17:00 »
I took a minute to do it but I am in, really like the design and the night sky spoke to me.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 17:21:58 »
just gonna leave this here...
(Attachment Link)
Guess we'll have to fall back on wood, FR4, 3D printing or injection molding :p

This is a little misleading because the actual machining time (on a 4 axis+ machine) is what drives cost, not the raw material costs.

That said this board is also a complex little bugger, so machine time will be pretty high as well.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 18:06:54 »
That said this board is also a complex little bugger, so machine time will be pretty high as well.

And it's complex by design. So the price is actually part of the design. This was never going to be affordable, but it also isn't shattering any design norms or appealing to lots of people which is why it had to be extended to hit MOQ (which was only 80 units).
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 18:16:14 »
which is why it had to be extended to hit MOQ (which was only 80 units).

I didn't extend to hit MOQ, that was because of the winter storm knocking my power out for 3 days (fun times freezing at night...) and having no internet to do anything for a week. We hit MOQ within the original timeline.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:06:11 »
Update:

GB ends tonight at midnight CST!!!

Offline azzipa

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:16:36 »
about 45 minutes left. really glad you bit moq on a passion project, and happy for everyone who will get one!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [GB] Viktus Styrka By Viktus Design - CLOSED, Preparing for Manu
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 13:48:18 »
Update:

Wanted to update and let y'all know that I have the carbon plates on hand. PCBs shouldn't be too much further out but the boards themselves will be a bit still.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [GB] Viktus Styrka By Viktus Design - CLOSED
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 15:33:11 »
Update:

Quick update, PCBs are in route to me at the moment (customs making this fun...) and cases are about 75% done.

Shipping estimate still Q3 2021.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 22:07:48 »
Update:

E-coat was backordered and arrives at the start of next month, once that is in the final bit of the process can begin. Everything finished anodizing and is in QC now awaiting the e-coat parts.

Hoping to have these in hand late next month, so shipping will most likely be delayed to October as I still have to QC and sort everything myself once they arrive.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 22:40:38 »
Update:

Great news, Boards are shipping to me and should hopefully be here next week. Once the boards arrive to me and I can confirm there is no problems, I will send out an email to everyone for a final address update. From here I will need a few weeks, most likely, to go over all the boards and "grade" them before I will begin fulfilling orders.

Expect shipping to start around the week of October 4th unless there is an issue when they arrive to me at which time I will make another announcement.

As for extras, Once graded I will have a better idea of what all will be available for sale and will wait at least a few weeks after most packages are delivered in order to give time for any issues to be resolved.

Thank you all for the patience and hopefully these next few weeks goes smoothly and y'all can get your boards safely!!!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [GB] Viktus Styrka By Viktus Design - In QC
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 23:15:57 »
Update:

All boards delivered to me yesterday and today and I was able to do QC of the first 4 boxes of boards (total of 15). Looking to start shipping orders starting the week of October 11th. Sent an email out earlier today but if you happened to miss it, all address changes are due by next friday, October 8th.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 23:17:14 »
Update:

Sorry for the late update here, I sent an email to all buys about a delay due to ano colors on the wine and blue being different from the prototype and have contacted the manu about said issue. Unfortunately they are on a holiday until the 8th so I won't hear back until that date at the earliest.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 05 October 2021, 14:44:51 »
Update:

Unfortunately after further inspection of the Night Sky boards and a second pass through QC I have found an issue that needs to be addressed. The manu will be back at the earliest thursday night my time so hopefully I can get this resolved quickly and easily.

What does this mean? All boards are on hold until this can be resolved, Sorry that I got your hopes up so quickly just to have this happen. Please be patient while this is being resolved, I will update as often as I can so you aren't in the dark.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:49:47 »
Update:

I got a response from the manufacturer last night and was told that if I want the wine and blue colors corrected I would have to pay for shipping those boards both ways. As well, Night sky boards had an issue with the bottoms that needs to be corrected, so those will be shipped back at their cost at the same time.

What does this mean for you as a customer? For night sky customers, unfortunately it means waiting until this is fixed. For wine and blue customers I am giving you the option to either get your board corrected at my cost, or if you actually like the color I have on hand right now, You have the option to have your order shipped as is. Unfortunately since I am having to pay for shipping, I will not be able to give partial refunds to those choosing to keep the current color so only choose this option if you actually like the color and would prefer this over the advertised color.

I will be sending a form via email for wine and blue customers to fill out if you wish to keep your board as is and not get sent for reanodizing, If I don't get a response by midnight October 17th I will be sending your board to be refinished. If you want it refinished, don't worry about responding at all as that is the default choice, and you are good.

Do I have a timeline? Sadly I don't and given the new issue of power restrictions being placed on manufacturing in china, I don't know if that would prolong the fix or be unaffected by it. I do have to disassemble all boards that have to be fixed which will take at least a week or two given I am one person, shipping is a week each way. With that in mind, At minimum it would be late november before I can even start to think about shipping the corrected orders out, and for that I am very sorry but this was not something I had expected to happen at all.

What about extras? Extras will not be corrected as that would nearly double the shipping costs. As for the date for when these would go on sale, Expect January/February.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:55:34 by BlindAssassin111 »