Author Topic: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?  (Read 245152 times)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 06:50:37 »
Logitech MX Master 2S
Show Image

Holy crap do I love this mouse.

But, it no haz the HERO sensor  !!!

Show Image

(Attachment Link)
And I don't NEED the hero sensor.
It works perfectly on the surface I have here at home.

Offline skang0601

« Reply #501 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 17:23:25 »
For work:
Kensington Slimblade

For Home:
Elecom Deft Pro

Backup for Home & Work:
Logitech MX Master

The Slimblade is so comfy, but generally I avoid using the mouse anyways.

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #502 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 10:53:25 »
Mx Master.  I want the 2S in stone grey but I can’t justify the cost as mine works fine.

Offline 8Bitterness

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:01:34 »
At home a Kensington Expert plus whatever gaming mouse I've got going. Had a G903 but the right click lets go unless you press on it real hard, switched to a Deathadder Elite I've got and I've got to appreciate the godlike scrollwheel on the 903 it seriously is the most tactile wheel I've felt.

At work a CST L-Trac and an MX master.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #504 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:20:05 »
I just got the Logitech G Pro Wireless last week.
Definitely expensive, but I like it more than my G304.

I wouldn't recommend it for its price, unless you're an enthusiast.

Offline TheGlyph

« Reply #505 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 12:59:02 »
I'm a huge fan of the RAT series from Madcatz. Had two Rat7's across a number of years and am very happily running with the Rat8 now!
Instagram @GlennTheBlack
Discord TheGlyph#8458

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #506 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 23:57:59 »
MY FINGER.

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #507 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 18:27:44 »
I am using a CST 1550 right now in my left hand. I am having some RSI issues with my right wrist so I switched to left handed exclusive use. It has taken me a few weeks but I have almost completely transistioned to left hand use. I am thinking that I will probably upgrade it to the L-Track soon for smoother rolling and that nice scroll wheel.
Kinesis Advantage | Ergodox EZ Browns | RK RC930 | DS 3 Blues

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #508 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 07:11:20 »
MY FINGER.
NEXT LEVEL.
There are very few touch pads I find acceptable. We have about 150 of the HP Probook 430 G2's at work and I've had to open up about 20 and fix the touch pads myself (and that's after we had two HP support reps onsite to fix all 150 models) For some reason the tape that is supposed to ground it is placed poorly on that model.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #509 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:45:04 »
MY FINGER.
NEXT LEVEL.
There are very few touch pads I find acceptable. We have about 150 of the HP Probook 430 G2's at work and I've had to open up about 20 and fix the touch pads myself (and that's after we had two HP support reps onsite to fix all 150 models) For some reason the tape that is supposed to ground it is placed poorly on that model.

prolly not Thicc enough..

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #510 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 11:41:22 »
My Logitech G402 refuses to break which is confusing because I can still remember a time when I had to buy a new mouse twice a year because those left buttons always wear out quickly.

Those thumb buttons are confusing though, I keep accidentally pressing them. I surely miss the good old three-button no-wheel Pilot Mouse.
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #511 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 12:31:26 »
Still using the EVGA Torq X5 w/scroll wheel swap (~60 weeks). I mostly bought it for ambi + shape (left hand mouser), and sensor. Decent sensor, firmware, weight (90 grams), grip, and shape--bad everything else.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #512 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 22:35:08 »
For work:
Elecom Deft Pro

For Home:
Swiftpoint the Z

Offline Darkside

« Reply #513 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 20:05:38 »
A Razer Deathadder 2013 that needs replacing.  :'(

Offline snozberries

• Aww yiss!
« Reply #514 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 14:54:22 »
Logitech G900 - Bought it on sale at Fry's a while back. Things works very well and holds a charge for a good amount of time.

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #515 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:04:12 »
logitech g703, needed to downsize on the wire mess, so jumped to a wireless mouse. It's a great mouse, highly recommend it..

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 02:18:27 »
Oh boy, the easier answer would be which pointing device am I not using. Currently my go to is the Pro Intellimouse. But I'm trying out my G Pro (3366) and will probably rotate in my MX518 HERO and G Pro Wireless soon.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #517 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 11:45:45 »
I just finished replacing the left button switch on one of my Itac Industrial trackballs. Sooo nice to have it back.
REΛLFORCE

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 07:02:01 »
The input device that i am currently using would be a touchscreen. Other than that, i use my really bad MIOS 3d optical mouse which has no side buttons and the tracker is very off.

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 12:39:10 »
I'm using a G305 at home, which has been nothing short of amazing. Tracks fantastically, and it's light and wireless (using a AAA lithium battery in it.) Hoping to be able to try out a G Pro Wireless to see if I want to make the plunge, but in all honestly, I think the G305 is here to stay since it's cheap to replace and feels great in hand.

I use an MX Master 2S when travelling to clients and at the office. It is FANTASTIC. god, the buttons, scroll wheels, thumb buttons and the integrated button in the thumb rest that also works using directional input + press, this thing is a work setup dream. I tried using trackballs, but weirdly enough, they ended up hurting my wrist when it typically helps other people with wrist pain.

Offline freqout

« Reply #520 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 14:58:19 »
At work, a Steelseries Sensei 310. At home, my main mouse is a Roccat Kone Pure Owl Eye, though I now have a sizable collection of gaming mice and am eagerly awaiting the shipping of a Model O and a Ninox Astrum.

Offline smuvmoney

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 16:43:08 »
I am still using a Kensington Slimblade trackball (I have several) after all these years for both work and home.  I do keep an Intellimouse Optical around in case a tech guy needs to fix/verify something on my laptop.  Even the smartest tech guys I know always seem to look befuddled when they see a trackball, especially if it is on the left side of the keyboard.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #522 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 17:08:12 »
Good ol' MX Master 2. I had a Kensington Trackball but it was causing more pain than a regular mouse. The tall hump in the MX Master feels so nice.

Offline Riba

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 06:31:30 »
I have switched to Kensington Orbit trackball with scroll ring around a decade ago and it has been serving me well through all these years. The only problem was the left button that would sometimes double register which gets annoying. Probably easy to fix with some contact cleaner, but after 10 years I decided to treat myself with the Slimblade. It is very nice, but to be honest not such a huge upgrade from old trusty Orbit. :)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #524 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 07:01:39 »
Wait, does "pointer finger" count?

Offline appaboy

« Reply #525 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 07:13:24 »
Zowie ec1a
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline Gabbzan

« Reply #526 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 16:21:05 »
still using my razer naga from 2012 iirc

Offline typo

« Reply #527 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 23:15:06 »
Lightspeed HERO G502 with battery removed. It is actually pretty light that way. I prefer corded so do not miss the battery. It is now much lighter than the corded G502 though. Maybe a waste of money to use that way but not to me. Shape is good and now light. Once I got used to it again I prefer it over the G903 now as well.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #528 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 00:21:53 »
Logitech G703
Unfortunately the MX518 Legendary didn't work out for me.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #529 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 06:33:36 »
Now, i am using the g302. Super comfortable to use.

Offline Namaste

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 23:18:01 »
A Kensington Expert in my left hand, and an Elecom Huge in my right hand (with ceramic bearings).

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #531 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 04:02:09 »
A very old school Steelseries Sensei. These weren't super reliable but they are about as barebones as you can get for a mouse with good tracking.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #532 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 09:29:11 »
A very old school Steelseries Sensei. These weren't super reliable but they are about as barebones as you can get for a mouse with good tracking.

Man, I had 3 of the OG steelseries sensei, and when they worked they were killer. I loved the heft of the mouse, and the semi-mirror-like sheen finish was really cool, and easy to clean. (Which I did often, with not so damp wipes. I'd get inside the mouse if it ever got really gross as well.

That said, each of mine went out one after another usually taking about a year to completely die.

Had they lasted it would've been the last mouse I ever used. I'm still sad I couldn't get one to last.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline knightjp

« Reply #533 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 14:28:48 »
I'm using the Elecom HUGE

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #534 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 09:31:29 »
Glorious Model O, Flick G1, and my FM Scream One (rotate out every couple of weeks).  Do have to say I've enjoyed my Model O and plan on snagging a Model O- and Model D to try them out, I want to try the O- to see if I like the smaller size.  I still use my Flick G1 due to its size and shape fit perfect in my hand.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:25:45 »

you just made me realize that I never actually posted to the point of the thread myself.

I too am using the Elecom HUGE.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline funkmon

« Reply #536 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:30:27 »

you just made me realize that I never actually posted to the point of the thread myself.

Man that's huge. What's the biggest mouse without a trackball, because that sounds like my style!

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:35:49 »

Man that's huge. What's the biggest mouse without a trackball, because that sounds like my style!

Personally of non-trackball mice,

The wired Steelseries sensei I complained about was quite big, and quite heavy which I really liked personally. I just can't say anything nice about their reliability at all.

The best and largest not Steelseries mouse I've ever seen was an old Microsoft Mouse, one of the first optical ones, it was a huge tan monstrosity, and was actually not too bad to use.

Sorry I don't have a model number for that, but I do know that old Microsoft mice last forever and are big.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #538 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:57:06 »
Welp, guess who's about to spend $40 on ebay for one new in box?

The tan monstrosity label fits the Model M I use...

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #539 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:33:29 »
Welp, guess who's about to spend $40 on ebay for one new in box?

The tan monstrosity label fits the Model M I use...

Wait you found one?! Lemme see. I can tell you if it's the one I'm thinking of, I'd be careful too, alot of those old ones don't have scroll wheels, unless that's not a big thing for ya.

I'd just be interested to see because they are old and cool too.  :D

Offline funkmon

« Reply #540 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:38:02 »
I do need a scroll wheel, but luckily the first optical mice were Microsoft's Intellimouse brand, which all had that scroll wheel, and the designs of the early ones are essentially identical to some of the later cheap optical mice Microsoft sold, so if we look at this bad lad right here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Microsoft-Wheel-Mouse-Optical-1-1-Win32-PS2-USB-PC-Mac-Right-Left-Hand/233544387634?epid=19009497125&hash=item3660548c32%3Ag%3AmJYAAOSwkvhePzjL&LH_ItemCondition=1500

that's basically Intellimouse 1.0, but made a little bit later at a bargain price.

Okay now someone help me. This thing has 400 DPI. How can I use it and not fly all over my desk when I use the mouse?

EDIT: Ahh, figured it out with some registry edits after setting my current mouse to 400 DPI. This is the way to go!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:38:23 by funkmon »

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #541 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:38:19 »
I do need a scroll wheel, but luckily the first optical mice were Microsoft's Intellimouse brand, which all had that scroll wheel, and the designs of the early ones are essentially identical to some of the later cheap optical mice Microsoft sold, so if we look at this bad lad right here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Microsoft-Wheel-Mouse-Optical-1-1-Win32-PS2-USB-PC-Mac-Right-Left-Hand/233544387634?epid=19009497125&hash=item3660548c32%3Ag%3AmJYAAOSwkvhePzjL&LH_ItemCondition=1500

that's basically Intellimouse 1.0, but made a little bit later at a bargain price.

Okay now someone help me. This thing has 400 DPI. How can I use it and not fly all over my desk when I use the mouse?

EDIT: Ahh, figured it out with some registry edits after setting my current mouse to 400 DPI. This is the way to go!

That brought me right back to the late 90's and early 2000's, that mouse is no frills, built well, and will last forever.

I'm very spartan in my mouse tastes, but I really feel like these were peak mice.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #542 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 19:28:07 »
The Wheel Mouse Optical isn't all that large.  The large MS mouse was the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0:

They make two modern versions:  the Classic Intelimouse (not a great sensor, but suitable for office use) and the Pro Intellimouse (gaming grade).  I think one of them is definitely worth picking up, the IME3.0 shape stands as one of the most comfortable.  Same with the WMO but sadly there isn't a modern version.  You can crank up your windows sensitivity to combat the 400 DPI, but it'll result in pixel skipping.

On topic, I'm currently using the Cooler Master MM710.  Not a perfect mouse but the stubby but wide shape reminds me of one of my favorites, the G9/G9x.  Whenever the Ninox Astrum releases I'll likely switch to that and use the WMO shape since that's one of my favorite shapes.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 April 2020, 19:29:56 by a_ak57 »

Offline funkmon

« Reply #543 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 12:32:44 »
That looks pretty good as well. Oh well! I've got some decent Razer mice, however overpriced the rest of their crap is, so if I don't like the one I just bought I'll go back to the ole deathadder.

What IS gaming grade by the way?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #544 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:25:16 »
That looks pretty good as well. Oh well! I've got some decent Razer mice, however overpriced the rest of their crap is, so if I don't like the one I just bought I'll go back to the ole deathadder.

What IS gaming grade by the way?

Anything that suits your needs or is a high quality peripheral

examples include corsair k70 or logitech g305

Offline mpro

« Reply #545 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 19:44:53 »
Logitech GPW continues to be my main

Offline abstractkb

• Abstract Keyboards Homepage
« Reply #546 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 17:17:55 »
Using a corsair scimitar pro right now.  It is a good mouse but the soft touch plastic on mine is already wearing off on the left and right click sections.  For that reason I am giving it to my little brother, and buying a razer naga trinity, which is my favorite feel/design mouse.  Cant live without those 12 side buttons!

Offline ironic moustache

« Reply #547 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 06:45:17 »
Using the Razer Viper I got recently. Loving it. I've wanted an ultralight mouse for a while but never really got into the honeycomb aesthetic, and while I'm still not sure whether the lack of holes on the Viper is worth the premium over the Model O or D, it became a no-brainer purchase once I spotted a local retailer selling the Viper at a discount that made it pretty much only $1.50 more expensive than the Model D. Instant buy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2020, 06:56:18 by ironic moustache »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #548 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:49:36 »
An Elecom Huge which arrived today - my first trackball.  So far so good, comfy and smooth but clicking and dragging is strange and most of the buttons aren't mapped.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #549 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 19:33:24 »
The grip tape is starting to wear out... i peeled it off and it left some sticky residue off my mouse

how do i clean it?