Author Topic: Matias Tactile Pro  (Read 7795 times)

Offline dante

Matias Tactile Pro
« on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 12:32:21 »
This isn't my review but found it entertaining nonetheless:

Offline Zobeid Zuma

Re: Matias Tactile Pro
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 17:39:53 »
Entertaining but unfortunate.  I just got my Matias Mini Tactile Pro in the mail this morning, and I can't find any hint of any of the problems he so vividly described.  It's solid.  It's more solid than my Unicomp Spacesaver M.  I find the "legendary" Model M to be creaky, stiff and clunky.  The Matias is not.

I get the impression that Matias have been working hard to improve their products, and my new keyboard appears to be the result of that effort.  Unfortunately, it's very hard to turn public perception around after your product has already been deemed sub-standard.  (Just ask General Motors!)  Matias could produce the best keyboards in the world, but the crummy ones they made before will remain in circulation, haunting them for years to come.

Offline jnav

• Endgame is for quitters.
    • Macclack
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 18:53:47 »
Entertaining but unfortunate.  I just got my Matias Mini Tactile Pro in the mail this morning, and I can't find any hint of any of the problems he so vividly described.  It's solid.  It's more solid than my Unicomp Spacesaver M.  I find the "legendary" Model M to be creaky, stiff and clunky.  The Matias is not.

I get the impression that Matias have been working hard to improve their products, and my new keyboard appears to be the result of that effort.  Unfortunately, it's very hard to turn public perception around after your product has already been deemed sub-standard.  (Just ask General Motors!)  Matias could produce the best keyboards in the world, but the crummy ones they made before will remain in circulation, haunting them for years to come.

:thumb:  I think the Tactile Pro is one of the more underrated KBs out there.

Offline leech

• …always on the lookout for higher quality…
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:34:43 »
 The video review is confusing and entertaining, thanks for pointing to it.

Reminds me of this video's confusing comparison of Unicomp vs IBM, which I watched 5 times and counting:

Offline killyou

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 09:10:46 »
The video review is confusing and entertaining, thanks for pointing to it.

Reminds me of this video's confusing comparison of Unicomp vs IBM, which I watched 5 times and counting:

[...] I've grown to love my Motospeed with OUTEMU switches [...] Unicomp Model M's are missing modern features like audio control [...]

After hearing this I refuse to treat this man seriously.