Author Topic: Hey Geekhack!  (Read 1267 times)

Offline eatmyguts

Hey Geekhack!
« on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 23:53:01 »
Hey guys!

Just another guy who like the feels  ;). I am off to college to study engineering soon but I plan to take my boards along for the ride. I started off over at /r/mechanicalkeyboards, but have found my way over here after numerous posts.

I have a couple boards in my collection, both of which are Cherry MX Browns. I attached a couple pictures for you guys to see.
POK3R (Deep Space Set) 100442-0100444-1
Ducky Shine Zero (Pic was entry to win the Nuka Cola Space Bar... as you can see, I did not win :()100440-2

I am currently in the process of trying to hunt down a nice artisan to top off my Deep Space set.

Glad to join you guys here!

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2015, 00:13:17 by eatmyguts »
My POK3R violated my Ducky

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hey Geekhack!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 05:53:18 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A nice couple of keyboards :)

What do you think of the DSA keycaps (the Deep Space set)?  I though uniform profile was a bit odd to begin with, but then I realised I'd been using basically flat Apple keyboards for years!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline eatmyguts

Re: Hey Geekhack!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 09:21:29 »
Thanks!

So far I like them although I am still adjusting. I picked up the set the same week I saw that my POK3R shipped so I have not been using them that much. I am getting used to both the 60% and the new, to me, DSA profile. I keep forgetting where some of the FN shortcuts are XD.
My POK3R violated my Ducky