Author Topic: [GB] TMO50 keyboard - COMPLETE  (Read 89438 times)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Re: [GB] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 19:18:51 »
the plate is necessary,isnt it?Can I bulid it without plate if I have 5 feet switchs

The plate is required to secure the PCB inside the board.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 19:22:05 »
the plate is necessary,isnt it?Can I bulid it without plate if I have 5 feet switchs

Edit: I retract my statement.

Yes, you need a plate due to the design being top-mount.

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 19:23:13 »

The plate is required to secure the PCB inside the board.

okeydokey.

Offline aspenc4

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 20:06:59 »
Hopeful for one of these bad boys.  Good luck everyone, and thanks to Funderburker and Kelly for making it happen!

Offline Starston3

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 20:43:25 »
::fingers crossed::

Offline sickbabies

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:33:27 »
Fingers crossed! Funny thing is that my girlfriend asked me today what new keyboard thing I wanted for my upcoming birthday, and I told her about how I applied for a raffle spot for a keyboard. She thought it was very cute how complicated it was
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:37:41 by sickbabies »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 23:11:05 »
Have we reached 30 people?

It was well over 30 people within the first hour :x

:rip:

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 23:12:32 »
Good luck to everyone who joined in on the group buy!

Offline SomePunkassKid

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 23:17:11 »
-"Okay Google... Roll for initiative..."
-"Rolling a twenty sided die"
-"17"

I think I'm doing pretty good so far.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Sent from my Potato Toaster using Tapatalk

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 01:45:22 »
Can I change my form?

You can message me and we'll figure it out!

I want to cancel the extra Purple Aluminum bottom
and add an extra Polycarbonate plate and a pcb。

Finally,I ordered
1、a Purple Aluminum top
2、a brass plate
3、a Polycarbonate plate
4、two pcbs
5、a Polycarbonate bottom

thx

by the way,maybe I actually want two Aluminum tops。a purpel and a rose gold
Can I do that?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 01:58:06 »
Can I change my form?

You can message me and we'll figure it out!

I want to cancel the extra Purple Aluminum bottom
and add an extra Polycarbonate plate and a pcb。

Finally,I ordered
1、a Purple Aluminum top
2、a brass plate
3、a Polycarbonate plate
4、two pcbs
5、a Polycarbonate bottom

thx

by the way,maybe I actually want two Aluminum tops。a purpel and a rose gold
Can I do that?
The first post says you're only allowed one alu top.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:01:46 »
Have we reached 30 people?

It was well over 30 people within the first hour :x

Dang GH replies giving me an inaccurate picture of how many people were actually interested/entered the raffle :P

Offline mushubanane

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:55:44 »
May the RNG be with me

Offline hndle

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:57:24 »
everyone good luck :thumb:
and..please one for me!!! :-X

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:25:09 »
I would like to keep the whole project between $150-200.

What happened to the 150-200 price range? What are we looking at for a full kit now? Like $450 without shipping? I followed this project from the very start and it sucks to see something that started off as a fun, affordable project deviated into a profit making group buy as soon as interest started to pick up along the way. Was really interested at one point but probably no longer anymore.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:32:38 by otanishock »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:36:42 »

What happened to the 150-200 price range? What are we looking at for a full kit now? Like $450 without shipping? I followed this project from the very start and it sucks to see something that started off as a fun, affordable project deviated into a profit making group buy as soon as interest started to pick up along the way. Was really interested at one point but probably no longer anymore.

Pricing is on the first post. Cheapest is $220ish

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:45:46 »

Lol if it was a profit making GB they wouldn't be limiting it to 30 orders... Also how many additional parts are you buying for 450 dollars??

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:46:25 »

Pricing is on the first post. Cheapest is $220ish

$220 for an almost full polycarb keyboard. Damn....

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:58:47 »
Just want to say, I love the color names =)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:02:16 »

It's fine that you aren't interested since there is already plenty of interest :3 Funder originally listed that price estimate before contacting manufacturers. Parts were more expensive than expected. Prices in this buy are based on the fact that I am only allowing 30 people to participate so quantity for production will be low. Why am I limiting it? Because I have other things I need to focus on such as my job. I also want to make sure that I have the time to closely inspect all boards to make sure they're okay to send out. To get boards out to winners in a timely manner after looking at them myself and packing them all, I have to limit how many people enter. If you read through the end of the IC, you'll see that funder was originally not planning to do a GB because he cannot put aside the time to do so. I offered to run a buy for him as a favor to help get some boards out to the public because I know waiting for an unknown amount of time sucks for those who really wanted to get the board.

I don't know where you're getting the number $450 unless you plan to order double aluminum bottoms but the kits range from $220-305 before shipping. I'm sorry that you're not happy with the prices for such a limited group buy, but this was the highest amount of slots I could reasonably do and these were the prices that were given for that quantity.

They're lovely names! Funder thought of them <3

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:06:26 »

It's fine that you aren't interested since there is already plenty of interest :3 Funder originally listed that price estimate before contacting manufacturers. Parts were more expensive than expected. Prices in this buy are based on the fact that I am only allowing 30 people to participate so quantity for production will be low. Why am I limiting it? Because I have other things I need to focus on such as my job. I also want to make sure that I have the time to closely inspect all boards to make sure they're okay to send out. To get boards out to winners in a timely manner after looking at them myself and packing them all, I have to limit how many people enter. If you read through the end of the IC, you'll see that funder was originally not planning to do a GB because he cannot put aside the time to do so. I offered to run a buy for him as a favor to help get some boards out to the public because I know waiting for an unknown amount of time sucks for those who really wanted to get the board.

I don't know where you're getting the number $450 unless you plan to order double aluminum bottoms but the kits range from $220-305 before shipping. I'm sorry that you're not happy with the prices for such a limited group buy, but this was the highest amount of slots I could reasonably do and these were the prices that were given for that quantity.

Yea I see your point now. Good luck with the GB regardless.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:15:26 »
So difficult to choose a color combo! Probably too early, but will the next round allow those that get picked the option to purchase just a top or just a base? Can't wait to see the combos the winners come up with!

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:16:36 »
So difficult to choose a color combo! Probably too early, but will the next round allow those that get picked the option to purchase just a top or just a base? Can't wait to see the combos the winners come up with!

I am unsure of what options will be available for the next run.. :< I wish I could tell you!

Edit: ffs one day I won’t fatfinger my phone.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:03:00 by Kellybear »

Offline bnhw

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:14:58 »
Making a colour choice is hard! Planning to have sage green and 9009 with red accents, while my partner wants rose gold and 9009 with green accents. Here’s hoping we both get in for a cute couple’s photo!
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:16:40 by bnhw »

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:41:36 »
Making a colour choice is hard! Planning to have sage green and 9009 with red accents, while my partner wants rose gold and 9009 with green accents. Here’s hoping we both get in for a cute couple’s photo!

Ohhhh that would be super adorable! I love cute couple’s boards photos <3

Offline Tyson

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:45:34 »
Oh man! Fate will decide if I need this board or not. haha, I also wanted to change my color option for the top, from Blue to Sage, but I don't think that matters unless I win. We will see! I could definitely see a Sage one work with Coniferous or GMK Camping!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:46:42 »
How soon after the form closes will you do the raffle?

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 14:05:58 »

Winners will be announced in a day or so. They’ll be listed on the second post.

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 14:44:38 »

Tbh I felt the same way at first like this is way too expensive for such a small board, but as I look at it more and more (and after realizing that the first PCB is *not* an additional $40), I realize now it's quite a fair price. Plus, it looks awesome. Hopefully I get lucky and can get my **** together to pay for it  :thumb:
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:02:57 »
Closed!! Raffling and announcing winners tonight. You will also receive a PM from me on GH for confirmation so please check your inboxes if you win.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:22:25 »

Tbh I felt the same way at first like this is way too expensive for such a small board, but as I look at it more and more (and after realizing that the first PCB is *not* an additional $40), I realize now it's quite a fair price. Plus, it looks awesome. Hopefully I get lucky and can get my **** together to pay for it  :thumb:

Thank you for expressing your opinion and feelings. It's good you've actually quoted my message from March. As you can see it's been 6 months since that message. As most up-and-comers I was feeling optimistic and at that time was thinking "Oh this will be a simple DIY kit". At the very first week or so (IC was posted 16th March) I hadn't even received a quote yet alone done any real calculations about how much a thing like this would cost with all taken into account (my time, customs, packaging, shipping expenses etc.).

Calling out that this is a "profit making group buy" is plain nonsense and the prices are clearly nowhere near $450. I'd have to add that physical size of a board is not of essence when it comes to the pricing as TMO50 is still a three part construction and demands the same time and manufacturing complexity than any other board. $220 to $305 for a complete small run custom board that's unique, has a lot of PCB features (RGB components aren't cheap) and made out of high quality materials with a multitude of options to choose from... I don't have time to fact check but you'd have to agree that these prices are on the low end of custom, premium material, small run keyboard GBs.

I would still like to thank you for the support and hope you understand. Kelly's an angel and I'm extremely thankful for the time and effort she's putting in to make this happen for you guys. Good luck to you all and may RNGesus shine upon your entries!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:22:47 »
Gl to all that have joined. My wallet won this battle and I'll feel sad for a moment :P Can't wait to get jealous with all your pictures ;)

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:27:06 »

Thank you for expressing your opinion and feelings. It's good you've actually quoted my message from March. As you can see it's been 6 months since that message. As most up-and-comers I was feeling optimistic and at that time was thinking "Oh this will be a simple DIY kit". At the very first week or so (IC was posted 16th March) I hadn't even received a quote yet alone done any real calculations about how much a thing like this would cost with all taken into account (my time, customs, packaging, shipping expenses etc.).

Calling out that this is a "profit making group buy" is plain nonsense and the prices are clearly nowhere near $450. I'd have to add that physical size of a board is not of essence when it comes to the pricing as TMO50 is still a three part construction and demands the same time and manufacturing complexity than any other board. $220 to $305 for a complete small run custom board that's unique, has a lot of PCB features (RGB components aren't cheap) and made out of high quality materials with a multitude of options to choose from... I don't have time to fact check but you'd have to agree that these prices are on the low end of custom, premium material, small run keyboard GBs.

I would still like to thank you for the support and hope you understand. Kelly's an angel and I'm extremely thankful for the time and effort she's putting in to make this happen for you guys. Good luck to you all and may RNGesus shine upon your entries!
like I said, good luck with your gb

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:42:42 »

Thanks for the info!! Also, I have no problems with the price. Of course, I’m not a cheapskate. ;)

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:44:10 »
Please RNjesus, save me!

Offline omgkittiesyay

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:46:17 »
Good luck to everyone.  Congrats again to Funderburker and Kellybear for keeping the dream alive.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:50:53 »

Thanks for the info!! Also, I have no problems with the price. Of course, I’m not a cheapskate. ;)
Lol **** off Mike

Offline typischt

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:53:37 »
Tbh, even if I don‘t win (which of course would be sad), I kinda like the tension of the raffle! It adds to the „experience“ now and will later, if you actually won the board and hold it in your fingers! :)

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:12:57 »

Lol **** off Mike

:)) ...salty!!  :p Lighten up...nothing is cheap in mech keyboards, especially custom work.

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:29:35 »
Tbh, even if I don‘t win (which of course would be sad), I kinda like the tension of the raffle! It adds to the „experience“ now and will later, if you actually won the board and hold it in your fingers! :)

Hey, at least they said there are plans for another round maybe! ;)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline odd

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:54:40 »

Lol **** off Mike

:)) ...salty!!  :p Lighten up...nothing is cheap in mech keyboards, especially custom work.

The price for this kit is beyond fair so much in fact I was able to pick up both bottoms. Well if I won a lucky spot that is and I hope so as I love this layout.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 18:52:46 »

Lol **** off Mike

The price for this kit is beyond fair so much in fact I was able to pick up both bottoms. Well if I won a lucky spot that is and I hope so as I love this layout.

Agreed...the pricing is beyond fair. Good luck everyone!! BTW, that guy went crapping on the price on the SA Symbiosis R2 thread.  :rolleyes:

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 20:04:24 »
RNG dont let me down
 papa needs a new keeb

gl everyone!

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 21:08:55 »
sad
I can‘t find 2.75u space

Offline dantambok

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 21:14:17 »
Rip i missed the form i thought it was going to be on sept 30 :( damn
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline bjayswift

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 21:23:04 »
I've been lucky enough to check out a founder's edition and it was very nice. The layout is unique and I've been waiting for a chance to own my own. Good luck to all that entered:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TX1800V2

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 21:24:24 »
Rip i missed the form i thought it was going to be on sept 30 :( damn

I’m so sorry. I made the change and added a new post. I thought people would see it in time.

Offline Muiju

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 21:46:10 »
damn i just missed the form by a day
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 21:59:08 »
My calculator has finished selecting slots for me. Post has been updated. Congrats to winners!

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 22:05:34 »
Damn rngesus was not on my side. Will you be raffling more if some people back out or don't pay?
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1