geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC]Class 65% by MM Studio

(1/10) > >>

Totoro:
Class65

The Class65 designed by us, MMStudio, was inspired by

by the artist Florian Renner his take on the modern Gameboy gave us the idea to try to incorporate parts of its design into the board.

Please make sure to give feedback on the board on the IC FORM

Design Elements

The Class65 features a Macro column and an exploded 65 column, with a plateless design. It uses leaf springs gaskets in order to have a both soft and bouncy typing experience. There is an optional POM plate. To help give it a strong sound we implemented a hidden brass weight. We will offer two types of plates PCB mount and Plate mount. This option was done because we wanted to allow for others to chose what they wanted. The ease of access to stabs with plate mount, or the stronger connection with PCB mount. Final design decision was center USB-c Port because Centered life is best life.

With an expected price of 290 for the whole kit

The GB will be held on our site MMStudio

Breakdown

Poron kit (Foam is not required, only included for optional use)

Colors

Pink, Beige, Silver, Black

Renders

Please make sure to give feedback on the board on the IC FORM
Welcome to join our Discord to chat together! Discord

nFaiz:
please gib modern gameboy

GrumioThaSpoonGod:
When GB?

Rik.caffeinated:
This looks very interesting. I especially enjoy the PCB leaf design. You've certainly packed a lot of features into this pricepoint I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Was any consideration given to the inner weight design? Was that done for sound or for aesthetics? I'm curious if you have prototyped different inner designs for sound qualities.

GL with your IC

HappyB0T:
The price here is really competitive. Glad I picked up DMG :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version