Author Topic: Looking for a keyset/kit to go with old TA caps  (Read 1526 times)

Offline stidal

• milo#3939
Looking for a keyset/kit to go with old TA caps
« on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 17:41:03 »
recently picked up some TA caps with this layout: (https://i.imgur.com/8dgnfy3.jpg). planning on using them on a wkl 60 build, so need a set of mods and a spacebar to go with them seeing as they have an 8u space and are lacking standard ansi mod caps. i am aware of the existence of gmk ta90, but since i already have the alphas and would rather have gray mods than the teal/blue, i'd really only need the pipe and 7u space from this set. finding a ta90 set is difficult on its own, let alone finding someone who will let go of just those two keys :p that being said, here's what i'm looking for:

- a set with medium-dark gray mods (color similar to gmk nines, can be lighter or darker)
- full set/kit that includes a both a mod pipe and mod space, or any pipe/space that is the same color as the other mods because of uniform color (1.5u del/backspace key also acceptable, just has to be a mod colored key that will fit in this spot)
- the most effective kits/lowest cost possible to achieve the end goal

for clarity, the domikey sets looked promising at first since they have separate kits for mods, but none of them include mod colored spaces and i'd need to buy the mod plus kit for the sole purpose of getting mod pipe. crp is also close but not quite there- the beige color isn't quite what i'm looking for, and there's no mod colored space.

as of right now, the best option seems like it would be to bite the bullet on an aftermarket set of gmk nines, but if any of you have better/alternate options, please let me know. :thumb:

if there's anything i can clarify here, i'd be happy to elaborate. got kinda wordy at spots
transition tkl // aksara ce // bully // valhalla // voyager // rs60 // adiuvare // ciel60 // jules // prime e // ut47.2 // sequence // bumper // q1 // gaff60