Author Topic: Someone stole our stuff.  (Read 34644 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: Someone stole our stuff.
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:33:20 »
I may have bought your collection off of craigslist.  I have the original shipping box from a ctrlalt order and an invoice for an HHKB that came with it.  Both have a name on them.  Please PM me your name and let's see if this is a miracle.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:34:31 »
I may have bought your collection off of craigslist.  I have the original shipping box from a ctrlalt order and an invoice for an HHKB that came with it.  Both have a name on them.  Please PM me your name and let's see if this is a miracle.

O___O The fact that you're coming through with this is awesome. Please tell us you also still have some info from the seller if this is the case.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Belfong

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:42:34 »

Show Image

Holy **** indeed.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:44:22 »

Good guy mind is good.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:48:44 »

Show Image

Holy **** indeed.

Aye, I want this story to have a happy ending

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 21:59:52 »
Don't worry, he will get his items back regardless of whether I get my money back.  I'm an adult, work a full time job and make plenty of money to buy senseless crap.  To a 16 year-old with 2200 posts on this forum, this is his hobby and his life.  I don't go to meetups and enter to win crazy rare raffles for artisan keycaps.  I think this stuff is cool,  but it's not my life.  So, of course, I will be more than happy to return this stuff to its rightful owner.  I have the seller's first name, phone number and address and I hope that giving information to the police will help get back his dad's medals.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:02:26 »
Don't worry, he will get his items back regardless of whether I get my money back.  I'm an adult, work a full time job and make plenty of money to buy senseless crap.  To a 16 year-old with 2200 posts on this forum, this is his hobby and his life.  I don't go to meetups and enter to win crazy rare raffles for artisan keycaps.  I think this stuff is cool,  but it's not my life.  So, of course, I will be more than happy to return this stuff to its rightful owner.  I have the seller's first name, phone number and address and I hope that giving information to the police will help get back his dad's medals.

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:19:02 »
AIR TREE LOOK  LOOK THE PERP HAS BEEN CAUGHT

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:19:54 »
Just gonna cross here in case anybody here doesn't reddit currently. Air Tree has been notified and the items were indeed his.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4gm8m6/photos_i_just_bought_an_hhkb_off_craigslist_for/

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:21:56 »
Just gonna cross here in case anybody here doesn't reddit currently. Air Tree has been notified and the items were indeed his.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4gm8m6/photos_i_just_bought_an_hhkb_off_craigslist_for/
****ing cool

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:37:19 »
Air_tree firmly planted in the clouds anightoncloudnine... I can't make this **** up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:37:23 »

This is fantastic.

gg mind_funeral :)

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:40:08 »

wow, such a great story reading this.. and mind_funeral! You are DA MAN!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:41:16 »
oh wow, stuff was recovered! very cool to see
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:17:11 by noisyturtle »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:42:47 »

[–]skiwithpete1upkeyboards.com 21 points an hour ago
Hey,
We're hearing that there will be a whip round for /u/mind_funeral for returning this stuff to the rightful owner.
Just wanted to pop on here and say that http://1upkeyboards.com will contribute a sleeve to you once this stuff is back to its rightful owner.
Cool? Just reach out to us once this all gets sorted.
We're really proud to be part of this community. And it's amazing people like you that make it happen.

Dude skiwithpete is an awesome guy :)

edit - So is mind_funeral (obviously) :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:05:03 by csmertx »

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:45:18 »
Air_tree firmly planted in the clouds anightoncloudnine... I can't make this **** up.

im ****ing just in awe by how amazing this is. i was ****ing dissapointed as hell when i heard about this and now hearing this makes me so happy for air_tree

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:50:04 »
Holy....

Wow

Happy to hear everything wasn't lost.

Still have hope for humanity with people like mind_funeral

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:52:06 »
To say the least, I'm truly blown away by this and by mind funeral for being such a cool dude.  :-*

I haven't been this happy, besides when everyone got me a new HHKB, in years.  :eek:

I'm going to go take a breather.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:53:21 »
To say the least, I'm truly blown away by this and by mind funeral for being such a cool dude.  :-*

I haven't been this happy, besides when everyone got me a new HHKB, in years.  :eek:

I'm going to go take a breather.

Congrats again, dude. Glad everything got sorted out in one area. Hopefully it'll result in getting the rest of your family's stuff back.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:59:29 »
this story needs to be turned into a movie. props mind_funeral!
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:03:41 »
some dope **** man.

big ups to mind for being a cool dude. may the topre gods smile upon you.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:06:42 »
Amazing, just so awesome to see this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:16:42 »
*x-post from the subreddit*

UPDATE: I have given /u/Air_tree's belongings to my local police department handling the case. They already had a case number for his family's burglary and with the detailed description of the stolen goods from the family, the police told me they had enough evidence to get a search warrant for the seller/thief's house. Air_tree's family is driving to my state tomorrow to get his stuff back. Hopefully the police come up with the rest of the stolen goods. The police asked me to compile all correspondence with the seller/thief and Air_tree to further strengthen the case.

I just want to say that regardless of the amount of gold, gifts, and praise I have received, it's not all me. Without the forum members of geekhack and redditors of /r/MechanicalKeyboards, I would have had no idea I had stolen goods. Those artisans could have been gone forever if certain users offered to buy them instead of letting me know they were stolen. So for that, I thank you. Geekhack, we did it.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:20:57 »
*x-post from the subreddit*

UPDATE: I have given /u/Air_tree's belongings to my local police department handling the case. They already had a case number for his family's burglary and with the detailed description of the stolen goods from the family, the police told me they had enough evidence to get a search warrant for the seller/thief's house. Air_tree's family is driving to my state tomorrow to get his stuff back. Hopefully the police come up with the rest of the stolen goods. The police asked me to compile all correspondence with the seller/thief and Air_tree to further strengthen the case.

I just want to say that regardless of the amount of gold, gifts, and praise I have received, it's not all me. Without the forum members of geekhack and redditors of /r/MechanicalKeyboards, I would have had no idea I had stolen goods. Those artisans could have been gone forever if certain users offered to buy them instead of letting me know they were stolen. So for that, I thank you. Geekhack, we did it.

Agreed, thanks to all involved who noticed and brought it to Air tree's attention. What an amazing day.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:25:18 »
Glad to hear this is getting settled out.

awesome cooperation guys.  :thumb:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:42:16 »
wow, this is really good news.  hooray for mind_funeral and air tree, and i hope they jail those thieving ****ers.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 01:22:34 »
definitely good news

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 01:40:11 »
The odds of this happening is just... Wow.  :eek:  Great job mind funeral, I am sure Air Tree feels better now.  :thumb:

Also I remember someone stole the outside AC unit to my local church where my scout meetings happen, and the value of the copper in the unit was like 200$(that is what they think the thieves were after) and the church had to spend like 2000$ to replace the whole AC system in the building since they were no longer making the one they stole.  ****ing thieves, not caring about anyone but themselves.  I doubt they even pause to think about the consequences or impact on the life of the person they are stealing from.  >:D

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 01:48:07 »
Nothing to add other than to say this is wonderful news!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 02:25:56 »
I just saw on reddit that someone found your stuff.

Grats.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 03:09:52 »
this is incredible

hope this helps find the culprit

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 03:18:39 »
damn it's like a miracle witnessing all this happening. the internet is so powerful. geekhack too overpowered
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 03:29:07 »
This is amazing. I can't believe this is for real. ****ing amazing I say.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline rurushu

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 05:21:00 »
cant believe such thing really happens in real life and not just some movies or tv shows, good job man mind_funeral, GOOD JOB!!!!  :thumb:

and congrats Air_Tree, for getting back your items from those filthy burglars

Offline Chachal

• Keyboard Wear
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 05:38:17 »
Great news. This story made my day :)

Pok3r (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 05:46:49 »
Fantastic news, and great community spirit shown by mind_ in particular! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 05:59:57 »
wowza, what a nice story

hope the thief is soon apprehended if not already

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 06:24:44 »
Nice work mind funeral and anyone else who helped.

Crazy that these communities can come together and find stolen keyboards and caps.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 06:28:52 »
I'm so freaking excited right now. This is such an amazing outcome.

So glad you got your stuff back air, can't imagine what you are feeling right now.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 06:46:19 »
Best thing I've heard about this community in a long time. Super happy for you air tree, and mind funeral, you're a really good person.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 07:14:50 »
Now kiss!

But seriously this is an incredible story. I'm not sure if you're going to pursue this any further air_tree, but if you do, I hope you catch the bastard responsible for this.

And then laugh in his face when you tell him one of those caps is worth x3 what he sold the whole package for.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 07:49:50 »
This is the kinda stuff that makes me glad that reddit and geekhack aren't 100% segregated. If it weren't for overlapping users, who's to say this would've been caught?

Kudos to mind_funeral for being a mature adult with all this, I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who would've become a ghost as soon as they heard what the collection was worth (stolen or not), sad as that is to say. You said you're new to the mech game, but I think you're about to get one of the warmest welcomes to these communities that's ever been seen. ;D

Offline Belfong

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 07:52:43 »
This reminds me of the books I read as a kid, Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators. The main hero, Jupiter, would use his network of kids to track someone down. He called.5 friends who will call 5 more friends. Except that this is more exciting than some fiction. He he.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 08:17:38 »
I already posted in the reddit thread, but this is amazing new.  Congrats air tree on getting your stuff back and catching this guy, and huge props to mind_funeral for doing the right thing.  :thumb:

This is the kinda stuff that makes me glad that reddit and geekhack aren't 100% segregated. If it weren't for overlapping users, who's to say this would've been caught?

There's obviously a bit of a rift between the communities, but I do think it's blown out of proportion more often than not.  I browse both regularly, and know many others that do.  And while redditors have done things that make me facepalm pretty hard, geekhackers have done just as ridiculous and stupid things.  Never really understood why we don't just all accept that each community is going to have its good and bad, ups and down, but maybe that's just me.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I know this has been discussed ad nauseum and is a slight deviation from the topic at hand, but it almost seems like this is something that's perpetuated by bringing it up more so than by actual issues.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 08:30:45 »
Deskthority is the true beacon of keyboard enlightenment  :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 08:44:14 »

Huh?

Offline pwade3

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 08:53:09 »
I already posted in the reddit thread, but this is amazing new.  Congrats air tree on getting your stuff back and catching this guy, and huge props to mind_funeral for doing the right thing.  :thumb:

There's obviously a bit of a rift between the communities, but I do think it's blown out of proportion more often than not.  I browse both regularly, and know many others that do.  And while redditors have done things that make me facepalm pretty hard, geekhackers have done just as ridiculous and stupid things.  Never really understood why we don't just all accept that each community is going to have its good and bad, ups and down, but maybe that's just me.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I know this has been discussed ad nauseum and is a slight deviation from the topic at hand, but it almost seems like this is something that's perpetuated by bringing it up more so than by actual issues.

Oh yeah, I use both as well. I don't think it's as bad as some say either, I hope my post didn't come across that way. As you mentioned, it's just a bit of a rift, we're not hitting gang-warfare status yet.  :))

But hey, maybe this will do some good for both communities, coming together like this over our mutual love of keyboards.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 08:57:32 »
Whenever I have insomnia I just visit deskthority and I'm asleep in seconds

Thank you deskthority <3. (Their site looks 100% better than ours tbh)
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 09:00:12 »
Well GH is okay when I change the layout to the orange creamsicle looking one.  :cool:

I do like the fact that DT automatically saves your sent messages in an easily accessible box below rather than making check a box every time  :mad:

Offline pwade3

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 09:06:13 »
I do like the fact that DT automatically saves your sent messages in an easily accessible box below rather than making check a box every time  :mad:

I didn't realize that was something you had to do at first and I was so confused when I couldn't find an old message.