Author Topic: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - 100% Complete.  (Read 127271 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - 80% Complete. Shipping Monday - B-stock available
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 08:37:41 »
Yeah, I got smacked with a $40 import fee for Canada :/ the pitfalls of not ordering from China hahaha

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #401 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 16:43:08 »
Should I be worried that I haven't received any sort of shipping confirmation yet?

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 23:37:05 »
Should I be worried that I haven't received any sort of shipping confirmation yet?

If yours is a silver one I'll be shipping tomorrow. Its the only one which had some small issues with a thread being incomplete. Needed to order a tap for it which arrived today.

If it isn't please email me asap.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

Re: [IC] Lunar AEK 65% - 100% Complete. Extra A-stock available.
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 23:42:26 »
Alright, save for the board mentioned right above, all units are shipped. GB is complete.

There will be 4 or 5 extra a stock units that I will put up soon. They are all grey and configured with a standard spacebar compatible top. They will be bundled into kits; Case, PCB, resin shift and hardware. $525 shipped anywhere in the world.

Edit: plenty of b-stock still available. Will restock PCBs on the site soon.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #404 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 01:19:11 »
Also, some new pictures since I have yet to post any of the new stock that came in from the new factory.

The quality is immaculate. Perfect CNC, perfect anodizaiton. Super even and not a trace of aluminum grain. They delivered these in 45ish days from my sending the money over so I am pretty happy with these.

switchplate.co

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #405 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 05:03:31 »
Yeah, I got smacked with a $40 import fee for Canada :/ the pitfalls of not ordering from China hahaha

I got *****slapped with £74 custom fees ($96 USD), so I feel you, but twice as hard
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #406 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 05:04:11 »
Also, some new pictures since I have yet to post any of the new stock that came in from the new factory.

The quality is immaculate. Perfect CNC, perfect anodizaiton. Super even and not a trace of aluminum grain. They delivered these in 45ish days from my sending the money over so I am pretty happy with these.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful, great job on the GB despite the hiccups along the way

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #407 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 09:11:28 »
I get to build mine this weekend finally. I'll post some pics and a sound test on reddit, so hopefully I can help drive a few sales of extras ;).

Offline aroostercat

« Reply #408 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 21:54:13 »
Alright, save for the board mentioned right above, all units are shipped. GB is complete.

There will be 4 or 5 extra a stock units that I will put up soon. They are all grey and configured with a standard spacebar compatible top. They will be bundled into kits; Case, PCB, resin shift and hardware. $525 shipped anywhere in the world.

Hey, are we going to get a heads up notice on here or your mailing list before the A-stock extras go up? I'd hate to miss the extras :(

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #409 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 23:34:12 »

Hey, are we going to get a heads up notice on here or your mailing list before the A-stock extras go up? I'd hate to miss the extras :(

Email will go out to the mailing list soonish. Expect them to drop early this coming week.

switchplate.co

Offline pmsingchicken

« Reply #410 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 23:37:46 »
Will there be any extra resin shifts?

Offline dasein1980

« Reply #411 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 00:25:38 »
Hello!

I was in the original GB, and eventually opted for the second production run. I received my order earlier this week: 1x Lunar grey chassis (w/ split space bar), 2x Lunar PCBs, 1x Lunar 1.75u resin shift cap.

I received the order earlier this week in Vancouver (Surrey), Canada. I unboxed them, and, I would like to say...that's literally pristine work!

I'm a picky person when it comes to my 'toys.' But there are no blemishes on any of the pieces. At all. They're flawless. The PCBs are beautiful. The chassis is immaculate, but also hefty. I can imagine the sound of clicky Alps punching away in it (I've got full donor boards with Blues, Whites, Oranges, and Ambers). I imagine that the whole experience would be scrumptious.

reconsiderit, from what you have mentioned, I think you are a student (forgive the following analogy, if you aren't). I'm a college instructor. If this was class, I'd be giving you not only A+, but the highest recommendations to graduate(?) admissions boards at any school you wanted to go to. And I'm literally in awe that you handled the shipping and logistics of a GB like this at the end of your semester. After final grades are submitted to the university, I can barely pick myself up out of bed to go to the beach with my wife.

My admiration is really all about how you've conducted yourself. And a word to describe how you've done so here is--stellar.

For the sake of full disclosure, I do have to sell my Lunar AEK order because I'm currently trying to fund an expensive podcasting project. High quality mics and room soundproofing are not cheap at all. Even less cheap than custom KBs.

But out of respect for you and what you've done, I will ignore anyone who uses this thread to try to contact me about this.

So just all my highest regards for what you have accomplished not only for yourself, but also for the MK community.

Dustin

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #412 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 00:51:27 »
So, what did you guys build with?

Interested in hearing opinions on Blue and Brown alps on the Lunar. Would be awesome to hear from someone who has tried both.

Not sure which to use.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #413 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 08:12:07 »
Dope. looking forward to the extras reconsiderit :)

Offline Sheva000

« Reply #414 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 09:54:48 »
Very interested in the extra A stock. When can i have it =))

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #415 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 10:23:35 »
reconsiderit, I picked up my board locally from you awhile back.  Are you planning to ship me the 1.75u resin shift cap?  Thanks!

Offline jrs

« Reply #416 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 12:33:25 »
Are there extra PCBs and B-stock still available?

Offline sangeth

« Reply #417 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 17:57:51 »

I too am interested in this.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #418 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 02:14:21 »
reconsiderit, I picked up my board locally from you awhile back.  Are you planning to ship me the 1.75u resin shift cap?  Thanks!

I'll be shipping that out to you soon. Most likely tomorrow or tuesday with one of the orders that I haven't had a chance to ship yet.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 02:15:18 »

I too am interested in this.

https://switchplate.co/collections/parts-and-components

Extra B-stock is available now. PCBs will be available soon.

switchplate.co

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 10:42:12 »

So pretty. The sound is unreal.

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 12:08:46 »
i built up my b-stock this weekend, orange alps, dk grey case, jp aek caps.  sound is unreal, very thocky.  lunar pcb is super high quality, very easy to build. 
are there any extra r-shift resin caps avail?  would like to have one if i decide later that the out-of-profile option key bothers me....

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 15:14:03 »
If you have the AEK capslock around still, it's profile should be better than the command key you're using for right shift.

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 16:29:30 »
thanks, once i tried that i realized i could try swapping my stabs around for that key.  not sure if that was it or i just didnt have it all the way down, but that got it down a little more and less noticable now! 

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:07:44 »
You shouldn't really need stabs for the right shift. I didn't bother putting them in, though it could depend on how wobbly the switches you use are.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #425 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 14:09:11 »
https://switchplate.co/collections/lunar-65-aek-extras

Extras restocked on site. A stock also now available.

switchplate.co

Offline hcoopos

« Reply #426 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 12:16:33 »
Anyone know the dimensions of this keyboard? Looking to have a custom sleeve made for it.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #427 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 12:22:01 »
Anyone know the dimensions of this keyboard? Looking to have a custom sleeve made for it.

My ruler says 12.75" x 4.5" x 1.5"
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline hcoopos

« Reply #428 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 16:48:33 »
Thank you!

Offline prmlt

« Reply #429 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 14:08:23 »
After some time off, I finally managed to finish my build...

Lunar A-Stock, with Salmon Alps, Sprit 55g springs, 205g0 on stabs, band-aid mod, Dry PTFE lube (stems)+Tribosys 3204 for a thockier sound (shell) combination on all switches.

I can definitely vouch for a Lunar now, the case quality and sound is simply stunning, indeed as it has been said several times here : very deep and thocky.
I think i went a bit crazy on this one because i tried 3 possible switch/sound damp/lube combination before settling on what was my endgame Alp keeb. 3 weeks later i can say that i'm happy with it :)

First I tried a full Blue Alps set and couldn't bare the click in a working environment. So I desoldered and benched some Orange vs Salmon, but my heart finally settled for Salmon which ended up being closer to my personal taste because of a cleaner original condition.
I ultrasonic cleaned everything, band moded the stabs and put a sound dampener foam on the back of the case to get rid of the small metallic echoing.

I still need to find a better profile for the right row keycaps but that's another story :)

Few more pics here : https://imgur.com/gallery/51qupSh

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 23:21:45 »

Lunar A-Stock, with Salmon Alps, Sprit 55g springs, 205g0 on stabs, band-aid mod, Dry PTFE lube (stems)+Tribosys 3204 for a thockier sound (shell) combination on all switches.

I can definitely vouch for a Lunar now, the case quality and sound is simply stunning, indeed as it has been said several times here : very deep and thocky.
I think i went a bit crazy on this one because i tried 3 possible switch/sound damp/lube combination before settling on what was my endgame Alp keeb. 3 weeks later i can say that i'm happy with it :)

First I tried a full Blue Alps set and couldn't bare the click in a working environment. So I desoldered and benched some Orange vs Salmon, but my heart finally settled for Salmon which ended up being closer to my personal taste because of a cleaner original condition.
I ultrasonic cleaned everything, band moded the stabs and put a sound dampener foam on the back of the case to get rid of the small metallic echoing.

I still need to find a better profile for the right row keycaps but that's another story :)

Show Image

Looked through the album and was wondering, how close does the color of Lunar come to the grey Macbook? I want to get an idea of how well color matching to pantone codes work.

switchplate.co

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 10:40:19 »

Show Image

Looked through the album and was wondering, how close does the color of Lunar come to the grey Macbook? I want to get an idea of how well color matching to pantone codes work.

This is how it looks compared to ipad (both space grey). I'd say Apple's Space Grey is tad bit darker.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 July 2019, 10:45:55 by parityb1t »

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 11:18:08 »
Apple isn't entirely consistent in their use of "space gray" either. Mine's pretty close to my 2016 MBP with a slight difference in color tint. https://9to5mac.com/2018/04/16/space-gray-odyssey/

Offline prmlt

« Reply #433 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 15:20:14 »

Show Image

The apple space grey is a bit darker. Depending on the lighting conditions and angle it's not that big of a difference.
But the main difference for me lies in the hue of anodized grey : the macbook pro features more "magenta" flakes while the Lunar exhibits some greenish flakes. It's still grey but there is definitely a slight color bias.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #434 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 19:23:36 »
Since PCBs are out of stock I am curious does an SMK65 from LFkeyboards work in this case? I am considering buying a B-Stock but it is sort of pointless without a PCB.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #435 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 08:42:05 »
Since PCBs are out of stock I am curious does an SMK65 from LFkeyboards work in this case? I am considering buying a B-Stock but it is sort of pointless without a PCB.

Ordering more right now. They should be ready in 3-5 weeks

switchplate.co

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #436 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 17:06:17 »
I saw that v2.  Any idea when it might happen?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #437 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 10:53:39 »
I saw that v2.  Any idea when it might happen?

I'm going to need to review my GB schedule since it's been run completely off the rails due to manu issues. Now that I have a place that has delivered on their products, I'm confident that I can make the GB happen before the end of the year.

Proto is in the works at the moment and once it's received, I will work with ai03 from there on.

switchplate.co

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #438 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 11:06:06 »
Lunar v2? What are we talking about here :P

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

Offline Zilleon

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 12:14:01 »
Wow that looks amazing!
Having more color options would be awesome, the AEK caps on a blue case for example would look great!

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 13:05:22 »
A couple of my screws got stripped and I don't want to put them back in(fear of not getting them out again) what are the specs for the screws, so I can order some off eBay, or get them at a local hardware store? :)

The look like m2 and ~8mm length (thread length). If so I can order some black ones from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metric-M2-M2-5-M3-M4-Black-Oxide-Allen-Hex-Head-Socket-Cap-Screw-Bolt-DIN912-/221815401140?varId=520684671916&txnId=2266949460012
Just waiting for confirmation. :)

V2 is super sexy. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 July 2019, 13:09:55 by Poblopuablo »

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #442 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 07:50:41 »
They are M2 for sure, so I think those you linked will fit

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #443 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 10:11:24 »
A couple of my screws got stripped and I don't want to put them back in(fear of not getting them out again) what are the specs for the screws, so I can order some off eBay, or get them at a local hardware store? :)

The look like m2 and ~8mm length (thread length). If so I can order some black ones from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metric-M2-M2-5-M3-M4-Black-Oxide-Allen-Hex-Head-Socket-Cap-Screw-Bolt-DIN912-/221815401140?varId=520684671916&txnId=2266949460012
Just waiting for confirmation. :)

V2 is super sexy. :)

They're fairly generic M2. Anything from 4mm to 8mm should work fine.

Offline ZivZulander

« Reply #444 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 23:30:04 »
Does anyone know if the SMK65 PCB is compatible with this case/plate? It was asked before but not answered. I already have an SMK65 PCB on hand and don't want to buy a Lunar PCB needlessly. Thanks!

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #445 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 00:02:43 »
I’d be super keen on the v2, as I missed this one first time around.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline poodude

« Reply #446 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 01:50:16 »
Here are a few pics of my color matched cerakoted Lunar if anyone is interested.

https://m.imgur.com/a/V5CjqjA

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #447 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 08:14:24 »
Well that’s stunning.  So is that a custom mixed color?

Offline break

« Reply #448 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 08:39:27 »

It is! Tyler of Ceraclack worked with a shop to mix it up. Here's their Discord: https://discord.gg/EZDgZa

Can't wait for my B-stock to arrive so I can coat it...

Offline beekey

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 08:41:46 »

It is! Tyler of Ceraclack worked with a shop to mix it up. Here's their Discord: https://discord.gg/EZDgZa

Can't wait for my B-stock to arrive so I can coat it...
What did you do to the anodizing before cerakoting?